[Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Post by NekoMaster »

I know there was a newer version of the 32BPP GRVTS made for the new 32bpp system
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Zephyris wrote:Hmmm, strange. Try this download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1994002/grvts32.grf
Thank you very much :)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
ns9559
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ns9559 »

I have been trying to start a game in the 17-1800's year range and I cant help but notice that the operating costs for all of the vehicles outweigh the any possible profit! Even the AI is forced to give up after a short amount of time. is there any way re-balance the early game to make 17-1800's game-play possible?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

If the balance doesn't suit you, you might want to try in addition a base cost mod NewGRF which allows you to adjust the relative (and absolute) costs of things.
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

ns9559 wrote:I have been trying to start a game in the 17-1800's year range and I cant help but notice that the operating costs for all of the vehicles outweigh the any possible profit! Even the AI is forced to give up after a short amount of time. is there any way re-balance the early game to make 17-1800's game-play possible?
Try delivering mail short distance (within a big city) using 4-horse carriage. Switch to 6-horse and add passengers later. It takes some effort, but is profitable.
Add Sailing Ships. It's too bad the development seems to be dead, but the latest version is playable (if you don't mind sounds mix up). In some (rare) cases you can bring raw materials to port by horses and transfer them medium distance by a ship.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Simply, just turn off inflation. Often this makes building things soo cheap, also in the future.

In any other way, use base cost modifying GRFs.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
ns9559
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ns9559 »

Thanks for the help. I had to turn down the base costs to around 1/8 to barely scratch out a profit margin. :P
Simons Mith
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Simons Mith »

Sorry if I'm not reporting this in the right place-
In addition to the 'Mettler rcher with Refrigerated Trailer'

there's also a 'Prime XTRUCK_START_2 Tanker Truck'
which seems like an odd name...

I just tried the set with Vehicle expiry turned off. By golly
there's a lot of work gone into this. 5+1/2 screens of RVs.
Wow. Thanks for all your hard work.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

Heyo Zephyris...

Regarding expiring vehicles:

I thought eGRVTS is a great systematic set so I expected that the last vehicles would not expire.

I suggest making the most modern model of a kind (doubledecker bus, fast bus, 2-unit bus, fast cargo truck, long cargo truck, some trams) have the VEHICLE_NEVER_EXPIRES thingy so that these few always stay ... it feels quite broken otherwise as soon as you just play a bit longer game (e.g. over 2100) (only other solution is to have vehicles never expire on which is cute but not always the best option)

I am using the "old" but in my opinion best eGRVTS 1.0 from bananas but I guess it applies the same logic to all versions and newGRFs in general

Just some useful thoughts

V
ImageImageImage
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Simons Mith wrote:Sorry if I'm not reporting this in the right place-
In addition to the 'Mettler rcher with Refrigerated Trailer'

there's also a 'Prime XTRUCK_START_2 Tanker Truck'
which seems like an odd name...

I just tried the set with Vehicle expiry turned off. By golly
there's a lot of work gone into this. 5+1/2 screens of RVs.
Wow. Thanks for all your hard work.
Thanks, these will be fixed whenever I release a new version.
laulaumoivao
Engineer
Engineer

Post by laulaumoivao »

hi. I begin for mod this game.
I download zbase on Openttd 1.4.0, now and have extra zoom.

but i want put GRVTS 32bpp for vehicle (truck, tram).

i download file grvts32.grf and put it on data folder and add it.

but have problem to some truck. 0% load production for grain, wood , ore. And 100% load for livestock, coal... And this one truck can load multi product.

I like this mod, but i don't know why. Help me. thanks (my english not good. sorry )
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

laulaumoivao wrote:hi. I begin for mod this game.
I download zbase on Openttd 1.4.0, now and have extra zoom.

but i want put GRVTS 32bpp for vehicle (truck, tram).

i download file grvts32.grf and put it on data folder and add it.

but have problem to some truck. 0% load production for grain, wood , ore. And 100% load for livestock, coal... And this one truck can load multi product.

I like this mod, but i don't know why. Help me. thanks (my english not good. sorry )
https://wiki.openttd.org/Refit
laulaumoivao
Engineer
Engineer

Post by laulaumoivao »

LaDoncella wrote:
https://wiki.openttd.org/Refit[/quote]

thank you. Very helpful. :D
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

LaDoncella wrote:here we go:

changes since release:
- added Chinese translations
- added explicit support for Coffee cargo
- slightly reduced running cost for early horse buses
- increased power of horse vehicles (to prevent stalling on slopes mainly)
- increased capacity of hopper and flatbed trailers to 35 from 30 (otherwise they are just inferior to non-articulated ones)
- increased power of hopper and flatbed articulated and trailer vehicles (so they can reach max speed at some point when full)
eGRVTS2-r187.zip
There seem to be no trucks capable of hauling coffee, only trams. I'm running r188 at the moment.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

LSky wrote:There seem to be no trucks capable of hauling coffee, only trams. I'm running r188 at the moment.
indeed :oops:

new version time, changes:
- fixed English names of 2 vehicles
- box trucks can carry coffee (JAVA)
eGRVTS2-r189.zip
DeletedUser7
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeletedUser7 »

Zephyris, I love this GRF!

Wil there be a 32bpp version too? To fit your zBase?

Edit:
Didn't mension. I'm talking about eGRVTS 2.
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LSky »

LaDoncella wrote:
LSky wrote:There seem to be no trucks capable of hauling coffee, only trams. I'm running r188 at the moment.
indeed :oops:

new version time, changes:
- fixed English names of 2 vehicles
- box trucks can carry coffee (JAVA)
eGRVTS2-r189.zip
Is there a chance this can be uploaded the Bananas?
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

ns9559 wrote:Thanks for the help. I had to turn down the base costs to around 1/8 to barely scratch out a profit margin. :P
Like YNM said, just turn off inflation. Turn off city growth, too, unless you want huge cities.

I have started several games in 1700 with horse carts and sailing ships, and am usually able to get away with the absolute minimum loan of £10,000. Just find two towns with pop. > 1000 and a minimal distance between them, and set up a couple of 4-horse mail wagons. As soon as you can afford another wagon, buy it. Keep on until the service is saturated. Then repeat with the next couple of large towns. By 1710-1715 you should have a very healthy economy, and be able to move on to whatever cargo line you want to pursue. I'm in such a game now, and by 1733 I've got £800,000 in cash, and my company is worth more than a million £. I've got 352 2-horse and 4-horse wagons, and 22 brigs.

I don't have infrastructure costs turned on, but construction and maintenance costs are set at medium. Breakdowns are set to low. I like to play on a 512x512 map with medium sea level (makes for some nice shipping opportunities), hilly, and some variation. Number of towns and industries: normal.

Note that serving a primary resource with a high output, like a mine or a forest, is a distinct challenge with horse carts. Use 2-horse carts as they have optimal performance to length ratio, and use a separate road for each such service. You can handle up to about 100 tons a month on a dedicated road. Use 4-horse carts for everything else; they can move on the same roads as the mail wagons.

You should utilize ships as soon as you can afford it. Even the tiny brig does the job of more than 6 2-horse carts, and for a lot less in total cost. Within a 200-300 years' perspective, big canal projects give huge returns on investments.

A large horses & sails game doesn't carry nicely over to the modern era with automobiles. In a recent game, I had more than 4,000 carts in 1915 when the 10-ton truck arrived, and auto-upgraded all my horse carts. After a while it becomes boring to visit mine after mine to find endless queues of stalled trucks, and remove half of them. By 1930 when the 15-tonner arrived, I wasn't halfway through the station list. I finally abandoned the game around 1940. In hindsight, I should have enabled the HEQS grf and used the heavy trams for the mines and forests in the late 19th century - which I'm planning to do in my current game :)
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

After a while it becomes boring to visit mine after mine to find endless queues of stalled trucks, and remove half of them. By 1930 when the 15-tonner arrived, I wasn't halfway through the station list. I finally abandoned the game around 1940.
I've experienced the same effect when upgrading road vehicles. What I tend to do now is to change the order to drop off the cargo and then head to a depot...for disposal. While that is happening I build one of the new vehicles, clone the order (minus the depot/stop order) then build enough to transport the production, say half the number of the old vehicle model. I can then play catchup by monitoring the waiting cargo and cloning extra trucks as needed. It is a bit easier doing it this way.

Return to “Graphics Releases”