[Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [Univ] GRVTS - Generic Road Vehicles and Trams sets

Post by LaDoncella »

Here we go.
New version of eGRVTS2
- Big rebalance of buses and trams, capabilities of early vehicles ramp up faster (can be toggled via parameter). The main stat changes are speed, capacity and introduction year. Trucks coming soon ™.
- Suport for NRT trams, includes tram tracks without catenary (can be toggled via parameter, disabling without adding a GRF with RAIL tramtrack support will disable horse and steam trams)
- Fixed a bunch of inconsistencies with Purchase cargo capacity and actual vehicle capacities.
Attachments
eGRVTS2.grf
r216
(8.13 MiB) Downloaded 267 times
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Here come the promised trucks update.

Changes from previous post:
r225
- Rebalanced trucks stats. Again, most changes are just to speed and cargo capacity with a few changed introduction dates. To reiterate, the purpose of this rebalance is to make early vehicles to gain speed and capacity faster for each new vehicle generation.
- Changed and reordered how some of the parameters are setup. For example I merged enable trams with tram tracks parameter. Hope this makes more intuitive.
tram_parameter.png
tram_parameter.png (10.82 KiB) Viewed 18592 times
- Fix, enable horse vehicles parameter also affects trams now.
- The "big" version of the set will be 2.1 since these changes are significant enough.

These last two versions, have big issues with horse animations (they only play once). Will hold on uploading into the fruit store until I can figure the problem.

And here is the file. Any feedback is appreciated.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

changes from previous version
r227
- Fixed horse animations.

Summary of changes for eGRVTS 2.1 r227 from eGRVTS 2.0 r202
- Big rebalance of buses, trams and Trucks (can be toggled via parameter). The capabilities of early vehicles ramp up faster with the aim of making earlier vehicles more enjoyable to use. The main stat changes are speed, capacity and introduction year.
- Suport for NRT trams, includes tram tracks without catenary (can be toggled via parameter)
- Fix, enable horse vehicles parameter also affects trams now.

Available in the attachment below and BaNaNaS.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Thanks for the update.
I am Limyx826.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I'm mostly very pleased with GRVTS, which I've been using for many years. I've got one gripe with it, though: The box trucks can take many types of cargo, but only Goods load to full capacity. Any other cargo only fills to half capacity.

This is particularly problematic with Recycling Goods in Firs 3, which can't be loaded in any other GRVTS vehicle type. I figure that, realistically speaking, flatbeds or hoppers would be totally adequate for it. The Recycling Goods will reach large volumes as the cities grow, and even the Locus Galahad isn't nearly up to the task, running at half capacity.
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Alright.

r228:
- added recyclables cargo to hoppers. And added some of the newer cargo classes to the tables.
- reduced model_life of horse trams to 100 years from 200.
Leszek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Leszek »

Hello

I am having an issue where the horse trams do not seem to work as expected. I have the year set to 1701 and should be in range for the first trams but for both types of tram track the tram depot is not buildable because there are not vehicles available.

I tried to search and figure this out on my own but found only the options for the GRF where you can change NRT settings and in the end tried all of them.

I am not sure if those trams have something wrong with them, if they have been removed, or if I am just missing something obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am u sing r228
Edit 2: Ok so the description now says from 1800. I could have swore it was 1700 before. Am I just going crazy?
Edit 3: So I am not crazy, a screenshot on the previous page of this very thread shows trams in 1700 and so does the Wiki and other references. Was this changed?
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Leszek wrote: 26 Jul 2021 17:03 Hello

I am having an issue where the horse trams do not seem to work as expected. I have the year set to 1701 and should be in range for the first trams but for both types of tram track the tram depot is not buildable because there are not vehicles available.

I tried to search and figure this out on my own but found only the options for the GRF where you can change NRT settings and in the end tried all of them.

I am not sure if those trams have something wrong with them, if they have been removed, or if I am just missing something obvious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am u sing r228
Edit 2: Ok so the description now says from 1800. I could have swore it was 1700 before. Am I just going crazy?
Edit 3: So I am not crazy, a screenshot on the previous page of this very thread shows trams in 1700 and so does the Wiki and other references. Was this changed?
Horse trams introduction date is 1800 which more or less is it's historical introduction https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsecar
Leszek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Leszek »

So it was changed. OK thanks LaDoncella.
JacobD88
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by JacobD88 »

LaDoncella wrote: 27 Jul 2021 11:58 Horse trams introduction date is 1800 which more or less is it's historical introduction https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsecar
They were used MUCH earlier in the United Kingdom and parts of Europe as part of the Plateway system of early rail and tram tracks (as well as related early rail systems such as Edgeways, Wagonways and Dramways).

The term Horsecar almost entirely refers to the use of passenger trams/plateways/wagonways/etc. which indeed came into use much later than the industrial tram forms that have records dating back to the 16th century in various forms.

Plateways themselves were built, in numbers, for about 50 years from 1780 to 1830 but there are examples of even earlier plateways existing in Estates and Manors for carrying fuel from small mines and around the mines themselves going back to the early 1700s. Additional, related, technologies such as Edgeways, Gangways (carts drawn on tracks by men) and Dramways (cargo rolled down tracks or wooden boarded routes in tubs, caskets and barrels) existing in the record as far back as the 1510s - though usually only in and around mines, wharfs or docks.

Would it be possible to compromise with the original introduction date and have the start date as 1750 or earlier?

This would also compliment any canal set - many early goods trams were plateways to wharfs for both seafaring vessels, Narrowboats and Barges. contemporary Canal building (i.e. as opposed to ancient methods) itself took off from around 1740 having started development in the 1620s with new methods for constructing locks and weirs

It's also of note that the first uses of the term wagonway and tramway come from the 1500s!
Further Reading: Industrial Tramway
Further Reading: Wagonway
Further Reading: Plateway

One of the big problems i've had with the eGRVTS updates since changing from 1700 to 1800 for horse trams is that it falls too close to the early rail sets which have engines from 1805 (even if they are underpowered compared to the horses, it's still better to invest in rail as soon as it appears)

Allowing 50-100 years for Trams before then gives a lot more time before they are essentially obsolete

The last Wagonway Train along Little Eaton Plateway, 1908 (Before it was torn up and replaced with a realignment of the existing railway built nearby - both the plateway, railway and canal are now gone, but the Canal House remains to this day) Built in 1793, operational by 1795 but also tracing the route of a much older wooden gangway referenced as early as 1730 and most likely related to the many small coal mines in the area
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

r230:
- Box trucks and cargo trams should now be able transport the same amount of any cargo.
- Horse trams introduction_date/model_life changed to 1725/125 and 1775/100 for single and double horses, respectively

Also available on the fruit store.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

LaDoncella wrote: 24 Oct 2021 18:10r230:
- Box trucks and cargo trams should now be able transport the same amount of any cargo.
Great news! :bow:
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I'm wondering if it's correct that the Prime tanker truck released abt. 1988, should only load 20,000 liters? In comparison, the predecessor Access loads 32,000 liters.

Utvalg_096.png
Utvalg_096.png (86.51 KiB) Viewed 15040 times
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Indeed, it is a mistake.
Fedello
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fedello »

Hey there! Where can I find the language files in order to translate it? Thanks!
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Here you have the latest one.
Attachments
english.lng
(19.41 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Fedello
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fedello »

Here it goes translated into Galician!

I think you already have it in spanish, if not, let me know! Also if you add anything more in the future count me in for further translations!
Attachments
galician.lng
(20.99 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

Added into r232

Yes spanish is already in.

Current translations:
English
Spanish
Catalan
Hungarian
Chinese
French
Galician
TransportFanMar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TransportFanMar »

Is it intended that at least in 1950s (and possibly other times as well), trams transporting sand (and some other FIRS 3/4 cargos like kaolin) aren't available in EGRVTS 2 and 2.1, whereas trucks can transport them?
Last edited by TransportFanMar on 16 Dec 2021 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
Limyx826
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Limyx826 »

Not sure it is a bug or not. Electric tram tracks is available despite there are no electric tram in the early starting year. Kind of break immersion when playing in early starting year.
I am Limyx826.

Return to “Graphics Releases”