Dutch Trainset 2

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset 2

Post by FooBar »

Just buy more of these trainsets and drag them to create a single train. That's it. :)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Mere minutes ago I uploaded 2.0.0-alpha3 to the online content. Get it while it's fresh!

Many new features, and with this release everything that once was in v1 is now also in v2. For more details, there's a changelog
SniperDJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SniperDJ »

thank you developers of the dutch trainset v2 and v1

i really love the set and this can keep up with the other sets around (e.g NARS and 2CC)

and i would like give a reply to the fact that you have (finally) introduced a big fat ore hopper, it was needed because that was one of the few things that lacked in this set.

2 suggestions/questions:

could you make the bollenwagen also refittable to chemicals and other liquids? that because i can only transport building materials in it with FIRS

could you increase the capacity of the liquid tanker? (the big one with 25.000 L capacity) , because i really like it but with this capacity i need to run a lot of trains to achieve the same effect when using 2CC or japanset.
i would also be pleased with a new type of tanker (something like the "silo wagon" in 2CC -fourth generation please :roll: -)
ImageImageTake a look at my Australia Scenario (work in progress)Image Proud citizen of The Netherlands
recently aquired the FCE
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

First of all, glad you like the set! :D

New ore hopper? I think the newest one in the set was also v1, but maybe it now has a higher capacity. Or you mean the new large open wagon (Eass if I'm not mistaken)? Cargo wagon capacities are all but final, and almost all need to be reviewed. Including the largest tanker ;)

It is possible to let the bollenwagen and other specialized wagons carry different cargo. Please read back a few pages in the development topic, there has been a discussion about this general subject not too long ago.

You can consider the last container wagon as "new type of tanker", as it allows to carry "tanktainers" and is refittable to liquids. We're also considering adding more cargo wagons. It's very well possible that a newer tanker may show up.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

2.0.0-alpha4 released!

It's been a while since the last release, but now there's a successor. As usual you can find it on the OpenTTD Online Content and also for manual installation on the DevZone.

Among the major new features are:
  • Support for advanced track sets, such as the Dutch Track Set
  • Improved loading speeds for all vehicles
  • Many new or improved liveries for various vehicles
  • Some other small fixes and improvements
The complete list of changes is here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/dutchtra ... ngelog.txt

This new release is not compatible with the previous one, so only use this for your new games. Enjoy it while it's fresh!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

2.0.0-alpha5 released!

I'm surprised that none of the 275 people who downloaded alpha4 noticed that the grf didn't have a name.

This new release fixes that issue, see the changelog: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/dutchtra ... ngelog.txt

This release is compatible with the previous alpha 4, it's not compatible with alpha3 or lower.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Lovely work :bow:

But still... Will it be possible in the future that the carcarrier can also carry goods?
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Thanks!

As for the car carrier, see the discussion in the development topic that starts about here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 2#p1019022
I'm currently also considering a third option, next to the one outlined in #3990: allow all cargo wagons to refit to anything (except passengers).
treinen-070
Engineer
Engineer

Post by treinen-070 »

I think I miss the electric GTW trains?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

They should be there. Perhaps you can check if you're using a recent version of the set. While these trains were added a while ago, they were not in it from the beginning.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

2.0.0-alpha6 released!

I've just uploaded 2.0.0-alpha6 to bananas. This release is compatible with the previous alpha5. It will not be compatible with future releases, so if you start a new game you might as well start with the most recent nightly.

What's new in this release is 8 new steam engines, parameter options to increase/decrease purchase/running cost and improved support for new cargoes in three cargo hopper wagons. Full details of changes are here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/dutchtra ... ngelog.txt
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

I have noticed that in a game without dutch trackset all trains which require 25kV rails (I tried the most modern trains), trains only reach little power and their acceleration is really bad that way, furthermore crippled by the extreme wagon capacities.
I think the tracks should either be a part of the train set if they are that much required. Or if dutch trackset isnt loaded, make normal electrified rail work without penalties to power.
ImageImageImage
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

And Wait for Dutch Trainset version 2.0.0 alpha 7, meanwhile......
Roland.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Roland. »

Too bad that the 'P8001' train doesn't go 450km/h anymore :(
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

450 km/h is unrealistic for the year it's introduced, but I believe Voyager had some ideas previously on drawing some futuristic MUs, which could get such speeds.
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Since I live in the Achterhoek, the Netherlands, I love to buy the DM'90 and the Lint41/H.

I have a question about the Lint41/H. Sometimes I get these trainsets offered in two different colours, from the 'Syntus' and 'Regio Twente'. In real life they combine these two sets sometimes. On the station it's always a surprise to see that a train from 'Regio Twente' is attached to a Syntus train from 'Regio Achterhoek'.

Can I create that same effect also with the existing Dutch Trainset 2? If I buy 2 trains making them one, the latest bought train gets the colours from the first train. What can I do to change this?

With greetings from rbos86.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

rbos86 wrote:Since I live in the Achterhoek, the Netherlands, I love to buy the DM'90 and the Lint41/H.

I have a question about the Lint41/H. Sometimes I get these trainsets offered in two different colours, from the 'Syntus' and 'Regio Twente'. In real life they combine these two sets sometimes. On the station it's always a surprise to see that a train from 'Regio Twente' is attached to a Syntus train from 'Regio Achterhoek'.

Can I create that same effect also with the existing Dutch Trainset 2? If I buy 2 trains making them one, the latest bought train gets the colours from the first train. What can I do to change this?

With greetings from rbos86.
Open the refit window and select the part you want to change. By default OpenTTD selects the complete train, but you can select only part of the train by just clicking the part that you want to change.

Note that there is a problem with MU refitting if there is a baggage compartment in the train:
Q: Why is the livery refit of a second MU not possible?
A: This is a technical limitation that currently cannot be solved. It is not possible to provide both the livery refit and the baggage compartment refit for MUs other than the first in the chain.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

It works nice; I have now a train with both colours (Twents and Syntus).

Thank you very much. This was very helpful.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Roland.
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Roland. »

FooBar wrote:450 km/h is unrealistic for the year it's introduced, but I believe Voyager had some ideas previously on drawing some futuristic MUs, which could get such speeds.
Ah too bad. But anyways, thanks for releasing the set! Gave me hours of fun ;)! And can't wait for the 32bp version of it (if that's in the pipeline :P )!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Roland. wrote:(if that's in the pipeline :P )
It isn't ;)

Return to “Graphics Releases”