Dutch Trainset 2

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Dutch Trainset 2

Post by Densha »

Actually I have been working on the Veolia LINT at some point, but never finished. I also did all sprites for the Traxx in NS livery, but I'm not sure if I submitted it in the correct format at that time and whether it got through at all.

Anyway, I believe the Dutch Trainset is now missing these trains:

Traxx BR186: NS Intercity livery (sprites done)
LINT: Veolia Transport Limburg, Arriva Limburg, Arriva Vechtdallijnen
GTW 2/8: Connexxion Valleilijn
FLIRT3 2-car: R-NET, Arriva Limburg
FLIRT3 3-car: NS Sprinter
FLIRT3 4-car: NS Sprinter
VIRM 4-car: new post-renewal livery
RET Type SG3: R-NET livery (sprites done)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:Actually I have been working on the Veolia LINT at some point, but never finished. I also did all sprites for the Traxx in NS livery, but I'm not sure if I submitted it in the correct format at that time and whether it got through at all.
I do recall seeing those sprites, but not sure where.
Anyway, I believe the Dutch Trainset is now missing these trains:

If you are willing to them all, I'm willing to code them in and release it.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
jelmerrr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jelmerrr »

Transportman wrote: If you are willing to them all, I'm willing to code them in and release it.
Can I help? If you have anything need I can try. I can give you the data (I don't know or the sprites is possible for me but the passenger seats and other data can I do)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Thanks for the offer, but that won't be needed. I can easily get the data for those vehicles myself, as they are all new vehicles, so information should be easily available.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Lars2001
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lars2001 »

I don't want to be pushy or sound impatient, but how are things going with this? Can't wait to use the new trains :)
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Lars2001 wrote:I don't want to be pushy or sound impatient, but how are things going with this? Can't wait to use the new trains :)
No news at the moment. I'm currently working on some major stuff for the 2cc TrainsInNML, and that takes up all of my time I spend on NewGRF development. Also, not all new liveries have been drawn, only 2 of them would be available if I would take the time to code them.
Conductor1945
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Conductor1945 »

Hello, last winter I discovered OpenTTD and liked to play it since then. Now I run a Dutch scenerie and want to include Dutch trains and signals. So I downloaded the newgrf dutchtrainset2 and signals.
After installing and running the game I found out that these trains are very bad to see 8bit? even the signals could not be recognised which one it is.
I thought they shoud be in 32 bits as well the rest of the scenery. Do I something wrong ?
thanks for taking the time to help me out
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Conductor1945 wrote:Hello, last winter I discovered OpenTTD and liked to play it since then. Now I run a Dutch scenerie and want to include Dutch trains and signals. So I downloaded the newgrf dutchtrainset2 and signals.
After installing and running the game I found out that these trains are very bad to see 8bit? even the signals could not be recognised which one it is.
I thought they shoud be in 32 bits as well the rest of the scenery. Do I something wrong ?
thanks for taking the time to help me out
32bpp stuff is pre-rendered 3D stuff, pretty much everything else is pixel based 8 bit stuff. OpenTTD is based on Transport Tycoon Deluxe from the late 90's and thus still holds on to the 8 bit nature of the game.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

You did nothing wrong, but there is just no 32bpp version of this set (or the signals), and there has been no interest to make one.
Xaxa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xaxa »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:Anyway, I believe the Dutch Trainset is now missing these trains:

It also misses the new Abellio FLIRT3 5-car train liveries (it runs from Arnhem to Düsseldorf.)
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Actually, the Abellio train is a train from the German operator 'Abellio NRW' (Nordrhein-Westfalen), which is subsequently owned by the Dutch Railways 'NS'. That still doesn't change the fact that it is a train built to German specifications, and thus a German train. I believe the idea behind the Dutch Trainset was to not include trains from other countries, even if they partially run on the Dutch network. I may be wrong though, and I definitely wouldn't mind some more variety myself either.

Not to forget the R-Net livery for the Amsterdam metro GVB M4/S3 type: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29433891@N03/32993875845/

I had been really busy since my last post. Maybe I'll get to actually doing some of the repaints soon.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:Actually, the Abellio train is a train from the German operator 'Abellio NRW' (Nordrhein-Westfalen), which is subsequently owned by the Dutch Railways 'NS'. That still doesn't change the fact that it is a train built to German specifications, and thus a German train. I believe the idea behind the Dutch Trainset was to not include trains from other countries, even if they partially run on the Dutch network. I may be wrong though, and I definitely wouldn't mind some more variety myself either.

Not to forget the R-Net livery for the Amsterdam metro GVB M4/S3 type: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29433891@N03/32993875845/

I had been really busy since my last post. Maybe I'll get to actually doing some of the repaints soon.
I think some foreign trains were added to this set as they did or still run in the Netherlands for longer distances. International trains like the Thalys and ICE are examples of that. There are also a few Belgian locs in the set, but I don't know to what extent they were used in the Netherlands.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

While its not my set so things are done differently, typically to add a little more variety to any sets I make I also include stuff that was used in a country even if its not made there.

For example, if I was making a North American RV Set, then I'd still end up adding stuff like the Mercedes Cargo Sprinter's and Hino Trucks because they're widely used in many parts of USA and Canada (I dunno about Mexico though, even though I try to include it in North American stuff i do)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Xaxa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xaxa »

IrmoTrainfan wrote:Actually, the Abellio train is a train from the German operator 'Abellio NRW' (Nordrhein-Westfalen), which is subsequently owned by the Dutch Railways 'NS'. That still doesn't change the fact that it is a train built to German specifications, and thus a German train. I believe the idea behind the Dutch Trainset was to not include trains from other countries, even if they partially run on the Dutch network. I may be wrong though, and I definitely wouldn't mind some more variety myself either.
You actually have a point there. I mean I always assumed that any type of train that runs on the Dutch network was included, but after some more thinking I realized that that wasn't the case. Because the set would then also miss:
- Talent (Enschede - Gronau - Münster en Heerlen - Herzogenrath)
- Break (Maastricht - Liège en Roosendaal - Antwerpen)
- Klassiek motorstel (Maastricht - Liège en Roosendaal - Antwerpen)
- FLIRT (Venlo - Mönchengladbach)
- DB IC (Amsterdam - Berlin)
- RailExpert's Alpen Express
- NMBS IC (Amsterdam - Brussels as alternative Benelux train)
And some (DB) goods trains most likely.

Do I believe they should be in there/want them to be in there (for variety's sake and for completeness), yes. Do I understand it if they're not, also yes.

One train that does run completely on the Dutch rail network and is not included is the Railpromo's Panorama/diner train, meaning two alternative NS1200 liveries and some odd different coaches.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the matter. It's easy to suggest things you can't implement yourself.
Last edited by Xaxa on 12 Apr 2017 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

I personally would like to see some trains running on border routes around the Netherlands available in OTTD, but as for local trains that barely get into the Netherlands it may be a bit of a difficult situation. I mean, for example, DB BR281 diesel locos, DB VT 11.5 TEE trains, carriages for the Étoile du Nord, and many more trains from all over Europe have also been in the Netherlands. Of which the latter is actually a pretty good idea to include by the way.

I believe I have actually started working on sprites of Belgian trains that get into the Netherlands at some point. If there's interest I can try to finish them. At some point I also had the idea of some kind of Belgian add-on set for the Dutch Trainset, but forgot about it later on.

As for the DB IC carriages, you can actually change the ICL carriages into the white-red DB IC livery. Although these are not exactly the correct type of carriages, I found them to look close enough.

I definitely agree on the Panorama Rail Restaurant. Totally forgot about it. The 1200 liveries shouldn't be that hard to do.

Also, just a small note, but German FLIRT EMUs are quite different from their Dutch counterparts. The most noticeable is that the car length of the German version is shorter than that of the Dutch version.
Xaxa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xaxa »

I for one would embrace Belgian locomotives so I can actually have different color schemes in different regions. Plus in multiplayer you can have two people using Belgian trains while the other uses the Dutch ones, with them ending/starting at shared stations (I actually often multiplayer with an infrastructure sharing patch.) Plus, let's be honest, Belgium and The Netherlands are like brothers, especially if you live in the border regions.

I've also noticed more liveries missing:
- HSL Logistic Loc 1300 skin (http://www.martijnvanvulpen.nl/images/s ... _small.jpg)
- HSL Logistic Loc 1800 skin (http://www.nicospilt.com/2013/20130519_HSL1832.JPG)

(Funnily I got reminded of them because they've been taken off the rails earlier today)

- Protos prototype, although this one was never meant for transporting passengers, it was clearly present at the Amersfoort sidings for years. (http://www.nicospilt.com/anderen/RD20070703_009.JPG)
- Green electricity VIRM (http://www.mp-produktie.nl/Images%20Spe ... 20(81).JPG)
- King's Day VIRM (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ORVi9XyUN9w/maxresdefault.jpg)
- Olympic VIRM w/ "Going to London" slogan (although this one is merely a slight deviation from the Olympic VIRM) (https://farm8.static.flickr.com/7214/72 ... 09e9_b.jpg)
- Latest revision of the VIRM w/ reversed blue stripe pattern (https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2 ... 2704_n.jpg)
- Olympic Thalys PBA (http://www.nicospilt.com/anderen/AV20060227_0240.JPG)
- Fortis Thalys PBA (http://www.nicospilt.com/anderen/EK20060203_05.JPG)

Loek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Loek »

You people have done an awesome job on this trainset. I love using it. Thank you for putting the time and effort in and making it available!
Densha wrote:I had been really busy since my last post. Maybe I'll get to actually doing some of the repaints soon.
With this post I mean to let you know that the trainset the way it is now is greatly appreciated. Any additions you'd be willing and able to make in terms of recent trains and liveries would indeed be used as soon as they would become available :-).

Many thanks!

Return to “Graphics Releases”