The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: [UNIV] PaulC's Mini GRFs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:07 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

PaulC's Mini GRFs

This is a new release topic for various bits and pieces that I've coded - some of them have been posted before, some will be new, but generally these are just small GRFs that don't require seperate topics. Compatibility, licensing and whatever else will vary, so please refer to the relevant release post for details. Feedback, suggestions, bug reports and general comments are welcome! :)

Contents
[OTTD] FIRS Docks v0.3 (27 Mar 2012)
[UNIV] ISR Train Depot v0.1 (25 Jan 2012)
[OTTD] Remove Tramway Catenary v1.0 (6 Apr 2012)
[UNIV] Turkish Mosque v1.1 (7 April 2012)

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!

Last edited by PaulC on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:08 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

[UNIV] ISR Train Depot v0.1

Originally posted here, this GRF uses the graphics for the ISR train shed to create a replacement depot. Though it looks just as good on it's own, the idea is to have a depot that can fit seamlessly into an ISR station, e.g. by combining it with the corresponding station tiles which have animated doors. I'm afraid this is only coded using action A which means it probably isn't very rail-type friendly...

The sheds were originally drawn by Born Acorn for the old Brick Freight Stations set, with subsequent modifications by Sanchimaru and mart3p for use in ISR and some further tweaks by myself. Compatible with either OTTD or TTDP, and licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.

Attachments:
ISR Train Depots.png
ISR Train Depots.png [ 9.22 KiB | Viewed 10697 times ]
isr_depot.grf [5.34 KiB]
Downloaded 367 times
source.zip [4.32 KiB]
Downloaded 172 times

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!

Last edited by PaulC on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: [OTTD] FIRS Docks v0.3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:09 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

[OTTD] FIRS Docks v0.3

Replacement dock graphics based on the fishing harbours from FIRS. Originally released in this topic, the first version of this dock was used in CHIPS but has since been modified; v0.3 is the same as the previous release but is now restricted to OTTD v1.2.0 (r22293) or better as this is required for company colours.

Graphics are by andythenorth and taken from FIRS Industry Replacement Set. Licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.

Attachments:
FIRS Docks.png
FIRS Docks.png [ 9.68 KiB | Viewed 10695 times ]
firs_docks.grf [7.18 KiB]
Downloaded 433 times
source.zip [4.7 KiB]
Downloaded 169 times

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:56 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Love the depot, will fit great into my game.

Minor detail, the white plating is a bit too high. See pic, building left is your depot, right is the ISR one

Attachment:
newdock24.png
newdock24.png [ 23.43 KiB | Viewed 10601 times ]

About the dock, I think the building looks better when the broad side is alongside the shore. So the building on the bottom right and the one on the top left should be rotated.

I know that the FIRS fishingharbours have the buildings in the directions that you have drawn, but I think it looks strange when the dock is on its own and not next to a fishingharbour.

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Quast65 wrote:
Minor detail, the white plating is a bit too high.

The bug is actually in ISR. I've already posted the corrected sprites on devzone: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/3594

Quote:
About the dock, I think the building looks better when the broad side is alongside the shore. So the building on the bottom right and the one on the top left should be rotated.

I know that the FIRS fishingharbours have the buildings in the directions that you have drawn, but I think it looks strange when the dock is on its own and not next to a fishingharbour.

I don't know, I personally think it looks ok either way and I'd rather keep it the same as the fishing harbours. But there's not much I can do anyway unless someone draws a rotated building... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:14 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

[OTTD] Remove Tramway Catenary v1.0

This simple little grf does exactly what it says on the tin: it reduces visual clutter by making your tramways catenery-free, just like various real-world tram systems. It can also be used with other tram track sets (such as FooBar's) as long as you load the other grf first, though for obvious reasons it isn't compatible with the Suspended Monorail or Trollybus sets.

Requires OTTD 1.2.0 (r23004) or better. Released under a CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 Licence.

Attachments:
Remove Tramway Catenary.png
Remove Tramway Catenary.png [ 35.38 KiB | Viewed 10258 times ]
rm_tramway_catenary.grf [1.33 KiB]
Downloaded 396 times

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:21 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

[UNIV] Turkish Mosque v1.1

This grf was originally released over in this topic and contains just one building - a mosque. Bit of a random update: I've modified the sprites slightly to improve transparency and allow for different colour variations, and the mosque can now be used in all three normal climates. By default it disables the churches, but this can be changed using a parameter (TTDP users should set this to 0 in the cfg).

The mosque was adapted from Zimmlock's original TTRS version by Ladis. Currently unlicensed.

Attachments:
Mosque preview.png
Mosque preview.png [ 24.55 KiB | Viewed 10106 times ]
mosque.grf [3.99 KiB]
Downloaded 1190 times

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:36 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Hi PaulC, thanks again for your information in "Empty Files" section. I clicked on your link for Mini GRFs. Really love the Depot. Can use it with ISR objects to make carriage sheds to commence passenger trains from. Maybe go good next to the NewStations Locomotive Depot to start freight trains from. Thanks again.

AuzInd (Industry Set): http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
AuzObjects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74510
AuzBridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248