Standardised Multi-voltage International Track Set SMITS

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Standardised Multi-voltage International Track Set SMITS

Post by Brickblock1 »

After a long weekend of working on this fork of SUKTS it's finally done*. It features around 45 diffrent railtypes of varying voltages. The set is made to be as customisableas possible so that you can play with it regardless of the setting, be it the US, Scandinavia or the UK.

The set has special support for Iron horse and a special Label (NORD) used for compatibility with a future trainset. There are also industrial tracks provided which isn't yet availiable for sukts.

The grf is available here, on Bananas and Github, source is also available on Github

*I still want to add narrow gauge but this is enough for now.

Edit:
Links were broken
Attachments
Tracks.png
(24.13 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SMITS.tar
Licence GPL v2
(618 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
kamnet

Re: Standardised Multi-voltage International Track Set SMITS

Post by kamnet »

Is this a bug? In settings, toggling the NORD track on or off also toggles the invisible track, and vice-versa.

Also, would you consider allowing to disable the dual voltage tracks?
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

kamnet wrote: 03 May 2023 01:07 Is this a bug? In settings, toggling the NORD track on or off also toggles the invisible track, and vice-versa.
I definitively is, thanks for reporting it.
kamnet wrote: 03 May 2023 01:07 Also, would you consider allowing to disable the dual voltage tracks?
You can disable them right now with the 3rd rail parameter but that could be split of if that is preferred.
TheDarkGiganotosaur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheDarkGiganotosaur »

Hello, I'd like to report a filename duplication problem which caused "Shanghai Maglev Inspired Track Set" (a.k.a SMITS) NewGRF to be overridden by this NewGRF set (right after downloading updates and/or new files from "Check Online Content" section). OpenTTD sees the old "smits.grf" file as a duplicate and thus I can no longer use the "other" SMITS set. Check the attached image for more details...

I'd be really grateful if you could fix this very small issue by renaming its filename to something different than "smits.grf".
Attachments
SMITS_Filename_Bug.jpg
SMITS_Filename_Bug.jpg (222.02 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
The Dark Giganotosaur, the ghastly dinosaur (currently in human form)
"My favorite type of transport vehicles? Trains and streetcars/trams." | My Music | My Arts (TBA)
Windows 10 x64 (NEVER USED) | Knoppix 8.1+ x64 | Linux Mint 20.3 Xfce x64
Brickblock1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Brickblock1 »

TheDarkGiganotosaur wrote: 04 May 2023 15:56 Hello, I'd like to report a filename duplication problem which caused "Shanghai Maglev Inspired Track Set" (a.k.a SMITS) NewGRF to be overridden by this NewGRF set (right after downloading updates and/or new files from "Check Online Content" section). OpenTTD sees the old "smits.grf" file as a duplicate and thus I can no longer use the "other" SMITS set. Check the attached image for more details...

I'd be really grateful if you could fix this very small issue by renaming its filename to something different than "smits.grf".
Thanks for the report, I guess I'll have to make a new release, especally since I have a few other bugs to fix.
TheDarkGiganotosaur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TheDarkGiganotosaur »

Take your time, there's no need to rush... and thanks in advance! Image
The Dark Giganotosaur, the ghastly dinosaur (currently in human form)
"My favorite type of transport vehicles? Trains and streetcars/trams." | My Music | My Arts (TBA)
Windows 10 x64 (NEVER USED) | Knoppix 8.1+ x64 | Linux Mint 20.3 Xfce x64

Return to “Graphics Releases”