Av8 Release Thread - 2.2 25th of February 2013

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: Av8 Release Thread - 2.12 29th of December 2012

Post by kamnet »

seatrump wrote:It seems I can't use them with scenarios? I'd love to use them with a US or Europe scenario but it seems like the graphics settings for downloaded scenarios are preordained?
You will need to enable the Scenario Developer mode in your configuration files. After that you can edit a scenario and add in the NewGRFs that you like. Be forewarned, modifying a scenario to add NewGRFs may potentially make it unstable, since they can modify how the game operates.
seatrump wrote:I've figured out how to get it working with a randomly generated game - but it's not the same playing with made up geography.
What would be better in this case is if you export a scenario you like to a heightmap, open the Scenario Editor, and then import this heightmap into a new, empty scenario. After that, load the NewGRFs that you like, add other features, towns etc. that you would like, and then save. It may mean duplicating work, especially with complicated scenarios that have a lot of detail such as precise placement of towns, roads etc, but it is the safest way to create a scenario with the NewGRFs you enjoy.
LSky
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Av8 Release Thread - 2.0 20th of October 2011

Post by LSky »

NekoMaster wrote:Nice, I can't wait to use this, it's the only plane set I use in modern openttd versions. Would be nice if the Boeing 787 Dream Liner could be added eventually. Though you've already done quite a bit updating av8 to 2.0
Seconded, the 787 would make a great addition!
seatrump
Engineer
Engineer

Post by seatrump »

OK thanks for the response. I read the warnings in the wiki about enabling scenario developer and I'm willing to take a chance. Neither it nor your post is too clear about precisely how to do it. I tried adding scenario_developer = true to the config file just as a wild guess but it didn't work. I don't suppose you'd be willing to take the time to spell it out for a newb?

I just can't get into a random game....
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

An alternative to changing grfs in an existing scenario is to load the scenario in the scenario editor and choose "Save heightmap" from the save drop-down menu. Then back at the main menu you can choose "Play heightmap" and play the heightmap you exported earlier. Sort of in between a totally random game and a full scenario, as things like towns and industries will be random but the terrain will not be.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton

Return to “Graphics Releases”