BATS v0.7 (released 9/10/17)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Re: BATS v0.3 (released 17/7/11)

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

I changed this in v0.3 - perhaps the numbers were not varied enough? Most trams a rating of 5 and the newer ones 10 but I must confess I'm unsure how much game effect this has
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

It has a massive effect.
take the winter saloon as example.
this currently has a loading per tick of 5.
it holds 96 (which rounds to 100 for game purposes)

so it takes 20 ticks to fully load (a very long time)
40 ticks if it was already full does a 100|% unload and a 100% load ( in the middle of a city this is quite likly, with cargodist it will happen mostly at the major hubs)

compare this to the average train that takes 16 ticks for a full unload and reload (8 down 8 up) with original carrages less if you use some of Pikkas commuter focused stock that can do it in 8 ticks flat (4 down 4 up)

the situation this gives is that you have a tram or 2 in the stop loading another dozen waiting to get into the stock and a station rating of appalling as you cant shift the pax fast enough.

I tend to use a lot of flecher 0-4-0s early in game as they have a sensable loading time (given they load 5 pax per tick per car so 4 up 4 down).

my values would be:

greens engine- cap 61 (1-60) 12 per tick would give 10 for full up and down, not unreasonable given its age
y6 0-4-0 passenger cant actually haul any passengers so is moot
Bayer peacock cap 121 (1-60-60) again 12 per tick giving 10 ticks for a full reload (its per unit not total)
0-4-0 vbt fine as it is, its not really a passanger loco anyway and as its in small cars it works
same for the fletcher 0-4-0
steam trolly cap 8 currently takes 4 ticks for a full refresh, could change rate to 8 to do it in 2,
Tunnel car cap 72 (72) not sure why this isnt coded as2 vehicles at 36 cap but hey, currently takes 30 ticks for a full unload and reload .
now these are normally actually in service with a trailer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manx_Elect ... lers_42-44 that seats 44 and is very fast loading due to being a toastrack. however the front unit is not that fast loading.
as they stand they need loading times of 15 per tick to be usable giving 10 ticks in total
if they were recodeded as 2 separate vehicles and the sprite for the rear replaced with a trailer as above giving 80 total cap om the form (36-44)
a loading factor of 12 (about right if you average the front and rear cars in real life) would give you a total unload and reload of 8 ticks

winter saloons at 96 pax same things as mentioned with tunnel cars apply would actually be better with 94 pax and a trailer
same loading rates as the tunnel cars would be fine (giving 14 ticks unmodified or 8 modified)

The E1 has quite a large rear platform (it needs it for london traffic) (by the way thanks for drawing, looks great)
at 73 pax it could do with a loading factor of 18 giving 8 ticks total

The Brush car (48) with its large centre entrance would work well with a factor of 12 giving 8 ticks to load and unload
The Blackpool standard (78) is not the fastest thing in the world to load a factor of 15 gives it 12 ticks (for game ballance really)
The Balloon (94) is like the brush in terms of doorways, it also has 2 staircases making it very fast to load 32 pax per tick gives it 6 ticks
The wickham refits i would bump to 6 but are otherwise fine (makes them very fast loaders but then they hardly hold anything)
Coranations (56) the same as the brush 12 gives 10 ticks
Twin cars (96) should be (48-48) load 24 without recode, 12 with giving 8ticks
Jubalee (110) well these are just refitted baloons 36 gives it 8 ticks which is right as its slightly slower than a balllon IRL due to enhanced capacity
Metrolink T68 (208) these have 4 huge double doors per side 70pax per tick gives an impressive 6 ticks for a full load about right if you have ever seen one at old trafford just after full time
Sheffield supertram (243) again 4 huge doors 70pax gives 8 ticks (yes they arnt quite as fast as a metrolink IMHO, there are no doors in the middle section and it takes a while to walk down)
CR4000 (208) again 70, these are very simlair to the new metrolink M4000s hardly suprising really!
PPM35 (35) has 1 double door 12 pax per tick gives 6 ticks for a load, not bad really
NET (191) 4 double doors 2 single doors per side 100 pax per tick would make this a very speedy 4 tick turnaround
BATS megatram (103-103-103) seems to have 1 double door on end units with 2 in the middle a rating of 35 gives a 6 tick turnaround

Hope this helps
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

It does help thanks

Its also a pretty quick fix so you may well see v0.3.1 soon
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Bob, can we expect to see any update to your random vehicles set soon? Was hoping to see my lovely lorries more usable in game :P
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Ive had a break from OTTD for last couple of months. I am playing again which is good. Whether we see updates depends on how enthused I get, so its a possibility.

Having said that there is a nice looking NML tutorial on line which deals with lorries (inc artics) so you might be able to code your own trucks?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Yep, ive seen it, and its something i've considered, but having trouble finding the time to actually get and do it.
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

Ah that's a problem for us all :)
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Re: BATS v0.4 (released 15/1/12)

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

I've uploaded the new version to Bananas. However there is a HUGE list of GRF dependencies appeared in the dependencies box for some reason and I can't delete them. So I'm a little perplexed. Anyone help?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Which GRFs in particular have appeared in the box?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

that box shows all grfs available. Just don't select any there and you'll be good. If you accidentally have any selected, the manager overview will tell you about that. In that case you can edit the entry to remove the dependencies.
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

FooBar wrote:that box shows all grfs available. Just don't select any there and you'll be good. If you accidentally have any selected, the manager overview will tell you about that. In that case you can edit the entry to remove the dependencies.
Thanks - fixed

The ctrl click to un-select stymied me for a sec
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

Loving 0.4 much better now I can actually shift pax nearly as fast as they are generated

The only thing to work on now is the reliability decay variable but that's not as urgent

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

dasy2k1 wrote:
The only thing to work on now is the reliability decay variable but that's not as urgent

I play with breakdowns off so havn't really given that any thought
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

sorry for thread necormancy but any chance of refitting to Tourists (as provided by ecs) for passanger trams
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

My apologies for bumping a topic, just wondering if you'd ever do any extra work on this?

If so, may I enquire as to the chance of the following;

'Real Livery' parameter, so trams use liveries one could expect to find in the real world.
And secondly, the load times are immensely slow when using them with UKRS2, assumably because UKRS tweaks its loading times, in my experience trams load just as fast as trains do (even faster in some cases), any chance of having the load times increased at all?

Great work to those who participated, its a good set :)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris »

Jolteon wrote:My apologies for bumping a topic, just wondering if you'd ever do any extra work on this?

'Real Livery' parameter, so trams use liveries one could expect to find in the real world.
And secondly, the load times are immensely slow when using them with UKRS2, assumably because UKRS tweaks its loading times, in my experience trams load just as fast as trains do (even faster in some cases), any chance of having the load times increased at all?

I've tweaked the loading times to match those of UKRS2, if you wanted I can dig the tweaked grf up from somewhere in the depths of my OpenTTD folder and pm it to you.
Screenshots

Formerly Class 165
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chris wrote:
Jolteon wrote:My apologies for bumping a topic, just wondering if you'd ever do any extra work on this?

I've tweaked the loading times to match those of UKRS2, if you wanted I can dig the tweaked grf up from somewhere in the depths of my OpenTTD folder and pm it to you.
That'd be ace if you could! Many thanks in advance :3
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

I'm on a sabbatical from TT so no development work is taking place :(

In any case real world liveries were never on the agenda
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

now that I have got to the 2000s in a game Ive noticed that the loading speed of the newer trams is still way too slow, (the sheffield supertram takes nearly 50 ticks to unload and load again!)
prehaps some more tweaking is needed!
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

if the devs are not planning a new version, take a look at the source code, and change the "loading speed" value of said tram to a higher value, compile the GRF and go :)
(compilation is easy, once you got the source, and if the whole code is in 1 file ;) )

Return to “Graphics Releases”