OpenGFX+ Industries

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: OpenGFX+ Industries

Post by luk3Z »

Currently downlaod link disabled ?
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Not that I'm aware of. Which link do you talk of?

The ingame content should work as does the DevZone's bundle server.
luk3Z
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by luk3Z »

planetmaker wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Which link do you talk of?

I mean DevZone http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogfx-industries (can't see any download links).
Anyway thanks for your link.
Find new graphics easier:
GRFCrawler -> http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net
BaNaNaS -> https://bananas.openttd.org/
32 bit gfx in OTTD (32bpp) -> https://wiki.openttd.org/en/Community/N ... 20graphics
TTDPatch 2.6 -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=67694
How to subtract tax from income (workaround) -> viewtopic.php?t=89763&start=20
How to ban distance from income -> Simple Cargo Decay Override
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

luk3Z wrote:
planetmaker wrote:Not that I'm aware of. Which link do you talk of?

I mean DevZone http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogfx-industries (can't see any download links).
Anyway thanks for your link.
Ah, ok. Thanks for that hint. I added that link there now.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Could a setting be introduced to disable the monthly decrease in production?

Thank you :)
Zex
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zex »

Played a bit, all worked good. Then wanted to transport steel from the mill to the factory and found a problem. There's no steel cars for trains and no steel trucks. Turned off OpenGFX+ Industries 0.3.4, started new game and they appeared.

Adding OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles gives steel transport back, but I don't want to use those addons. Also I can't change list of grf's for saved game, so I suppose it's a bug.

Using:
-OpenTTD latest stable version 1.2.3 for win32
-OpenGFX+ Airports 0.3.0
-OpenGFX+ Landscape 0.2.3
-OpenGFX+ Trees 0.2.2
-OpenGFX+ Industries 0.3.4
-Total Town Replacement Set v3.02a
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Zex wrote:Played a bit, all worked good. Then wanted to transport steel from the mill to the factory and found a problem. There's no steel cars for trains and no steel trucks. Turned off OpenGFX+ Industries 0.3.4, started new game and they appeared.

Adding OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles gives steel transport back, but I don't want to use those addons. Also I can't change list of grf's for saved game, so I suppose it's a bug.
As OpenGFX allows to add more cargos to a climate than there are by default, it has to modify cargos. And modifying cargos means that it can only be played with vehicle sets which provide generic cargo support. As much as I wished for it, OpenTTD's default vehicles cannot provide that. You could try other train and road vehicle sets instead, if you don't like OpenGFX+Trains/Road Vehicles. E.g. you might check out FISH ship set, av8 plane set and UKRS, NARS, 2ccTrains, Japanese or even NUTS train set.

NewGRF choice in OpenTTD generally need be configured prior to map creation and should not be changed afterwards as it generally leads to corrupted game states.
Zex
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zex »

Thanks, I'll try another sets. Just don't like that I should manually change cargo type for almost each train/car I buy. If I forget, it'll lead to unprofitable routes.

Also I suggest adding a warning to the description of OpenGFX+ Industries that user should must use OpenGFX+ Trains/Road Vehicles/OTHER SETS with this GRF to avoid the problem I met.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

There is also "Old Wagons New Cargos" NewGRF which allows the classic TTD wagons to refit to new cargos if any industry set provides new cargoes. A similar set for road vehicles is "Refit Default RVs".

However, both of these sets provide additional cargo support via refit, so it will not solve the problem of having to remember to refit.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

You will get used to refitting very shortly. And you can also just clone trains of the same cargo so you dont need to refit them again
ImageImageImage
dirace
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dirace »

here's the traslation for simplified_chinese, I have complied and tested it. hoping to be helpful.
Attachments
simplified_chinese.lng
(10.36 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Hello! I report a little problem here :

For some reason, in tropical climate, the Copper Ore Hopper of the Tropic Refurbishment Set (0.3) does not appear when OGFX+ Industries are loaded, even when all settings are set to default. You can still carry copper, but in a boxcar. Without OGFX+ Industries, that hopper does appear. Is that a bug related to OGFX+ Industries, or is the Tropic Refurbishment Set too old? (I use OTTD r25396 by the way)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Industry sets cannot influence whether or why a vehicle appears. Likely the TRS does not support cargos in an ideal way, thus is confused if the default cargos are found internally in different places (OpenGFX+Industries needs to redefine and internally reorder cargos in order to provide the versatility it offers).
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Also, Tropic Refurbishment Set is much older than OpenTTD+ Industries. The author probably needs to update it to recognize new industry sets, or somebody needs to write an additional NewGRF to include that recognition.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

I thank both of you for your answers!

(I just tried OGFX+ Industries with a more recent set -Dutch one- and it works well indeed)
Yousei
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yousei »

Thanks a lot for this.

Testing it gave me some ideas.
Banks could produce Valuables depending on Gold and/or Diamond deliveries.
Copper should be delivered to Steel Mills instead of factories when Steel Mills are enabled.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Copper should be delivered to Steel Mills instead of factories when Steel Mills are enabled.
That's a good idea. I used to include copper in a temperate game as an alternative commodity but it never seemed quite right to take it to a factory. Dropping it off at a steel mill would be a much better idea.

I just wish there was a way of changing minimap industry colours as I often use steel mills, paper mills and copper mines and they're all light grey in colour...so difficult to distinguish them all.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

3iff wrote:
That's a good idea. I used to include copper in a temperate game as an alternative commodity but it never seemed quite right to take it to a factory. Dropping it off at a steel mill would be a much better idea.

I just wish there was a way of changing minimap industry colours as I often use steel mills, paper mills and copper mines and they're all light grey in colour...so difficult to distinguish them all.
NewGRFs can define the minimap colours. Please, provide me with a comprehensive list of industries and colours which works in all climates and with all industries enabled and I shall have a look as of what's feasible.

EDIT:
Also... anyone feels like drawing snow on the industries which don't have a snowy version? There's a few waiting for that addition. Find graphics here and here. Best add snow in a separate layer.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

NewGRFs can define the minimap colours. Please, provide me with a comprehensive list of industries and colours which works in all climates and with all industries enabled and I shall have a look as of what's feasible.
Apologies...I can't work out if that's a serious request or whether you're politely telling me it's not really possible.

As an aside, I know the FIRS industries use some differing colours, so I'm guessing it's possible.

If you are requesting help then I'll have a look at what I can do. Perhaps it's not as impossible as I first thought.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

3iff wrote:
Apologies...I can't work out if that's a serious request or whether you're politely telling me it's not really possible.

As an aside, I know the FIRS industries use some differing colours, so I'm guessing it's possible.

If you are requesting help then I'll have a look at what I can do. Perhaps it's not as impossible as I first thought.
Why should it not be possible? As you state yourself, FIRS defines colours just fine. Thus they can be (re-)defined here as well. If it can be improved, then it should. But it needs *someone* to sit down and see how it looks in various configurations in order to come up with a good combination - which also best preserves the colours of the most common industries. One out-of-hat suggestion which works with one climate but gives many ambiguities with a different set of parameters or climates would not be worth a change obviously as the same problem would quickly arise again. A well checked one, of course, will help a lot

Dunno, are capable to compile it yourself? Or at least have nml run? Then it would be rather easy for you to even quickly check ingame different configuration:
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogf ... ition.pnml would be the file to add it to.
If you cannot execute the makefile, but can get a at least checkout of the repository: download http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-ind ... stries.nml and place it in the main directory next to the makefile and simply run nmlc on it. Edit the file and add appropriate map_colour: XX; in the lower part of the file where you find the industry definitions. XX must then be the map colour of your choice as picked from the DOS palette (see http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/Pa ... s#Palettes )

Return to “Graphics Releases”