OpenGFX+ Industries

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenGFX+ Industries

Post by Terkhen »

It's time for another bugfix release. 0.3.2 had a (stupid) bug so we have moved directly to 0.3.3 :D
0.3.2 & 0.3.3 wrote:- Fix: The 'station's name from nearby industries' grf is also an industry NewGRF and thus incompatible
- Fix: Various alignment issues with the diamond mine
- Fix: Correct some strings of the English language.
- Fix: Give Shops a more appropiate fund cost multiplier.
- Fix: Power plants and water towers did not process cargo.
- Fix: Prevent shops from closing when they are being serviced too.
We would like to thank everybody for the great feedback this set is getting. Keep it coming! :)
Tafidis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tafidis »

This GRF is just awesome. Here is the Greek translation, too.
Attachments
greek.txt
(19.54 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Citizens Celebrate! First train arrives in <insert your favourite town/station name here>!
Deicide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deicide »

The bank closed, although i serviced it. Just like with power stations before. Except this time it happened very early in the game. It seems that shops had the same bug.

Farms appear way above snowline, they don't have any fields, is it right?

Also, here is the Russian translation.
Attachments
russian.txt
(17.36 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Looks like you've fixed the non-processing of coal and water? I did bring a savegame showing that but I suspect you have no need of it now...
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Deicide wrote:The bank closed, although i serviced it. Just like with power stations before. Except this time it happened very early in the game. It seems that shops had the same bug.

Farms appear way above snowline, they don't have any fields, is it right?

Also, here is the Russian translation.
This bank closure also happens with 0.3.3, I assume?

Farms indeed appear above the snow line. That's actually intended, think of them as animal farms; above the snow line fields cannot appear indeed. There are thoughts to limit the farm cargo to lifestock when they're above the snow line and to adopt the farm graphics accordingly.

Thanks also to Tafidis for the translations. They'll be available in the upcoming nightly builld.
Tafidis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tafidis »

planetmaker wrote:Thanks for the translations
No prob, least I can do. Please let me know if you need any others.
Citizens Celebrate! First train arrives in <insert your favourite town/station name here>!
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Deicide wrote:The bank closed, although i serviced it.
What does the bank accept? Do you have a savegame?
Deicide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deicide »

Terkhen wrote:
Deicide wrote:The bank closed, although i serviced it.
What does the bank accept? Do you have a savegame?
Banks accept gold.I got the save but i already built the line to another bank, 5-6 years passed since then. And one question: are gold mines intend to not increase their production rates? I'm playing in arctic climate.
Attachments
Feawich Transport.sav
(3.69 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Ok, the bank issue has been noted. I can't open your savegame (it was probably created with a patched version), but the behaviour you mention for gold mines is not intended. The behaviour for gold mines is also not modified, so please make sure it is not poor service or just bad luck.
Deicide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deicide »

Terkhen wrote:I can't open your savegame
Sorry, i forgot to mention, i'm using cargodist patch. If to be exact i'm using this bundle. About the gold mines - false alarm, i just didn't see any gold mines with increased production in the industry list.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

You need to transport a higher percentage of transported cargo to get production increases. See http://wiki.openttd.org/Game_mechanics# ... ion_change
Deicide
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deicide »

Power plants don't accumulate the cargo at all. The train arrives to the station, unloads, the power plant accepts the coal, but its "cargo waiting to be processed" count doesn't increase.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Deicide wrote:Power plants don't accumulate the cargo at all. The train arrives to the station, unloads, the power plant accepts the coal, but its "cargo waiting to be processed" count doesn't increase.
Not accumulating cargo at all is the intended behaviour. We would like to remove the "cargo waiting to be processed" string, but I have not found a way to do it.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Building a shop.

It would only allow me to place it over an existing building. If I selected an empty square it would complain "Must be built in a town".

Is this normal/expected behaviour?
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Yes, the same happens with other "town only" industries such as banks or water towers.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Fine...just checking. I rarely build industries and the shop incident confused me... First shop I've even built.
macee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by macee »

First of all, thank you so much for this NewGRF. I always wanted something like this, extending the industries, but not as far as other industry sets (ECS and FIRS are too complicated for me).

And now the not so good part. I have three problems:
1. The first is with the default road vehicle set. When I enable all industry chains, in temperate climate, there are no RVs for copper ore, diamonds, food, fruit, gold, rubber and steel. Is this a bug, or is the NewGRF not compatible with the default RVs?
2. This is definitely a bug: again with default RVs, water can be transported with the steel trucks. I assume, the water and steel IDs must be changed somewhere, as in the previous problem, steel was the only temperate cargo with no available truck.
3. I tested some more, and similar problems arise with default trains too, with the difference, that the cargos mentioned in the first point can be transported in some double headed engines (namely, the Manley-Morel DMU, Dash, SH 125 and Millenium Z1). Also as the mentioned engines are refitable to "All but oil, and rubber", rubber can't be transported with anything.

PS: I use r22491 nightly, if that matters.
Attachments
opengfx+ industries rv bug.png
(150.23 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Try using it with the OpenGFX+ Vehicles
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Thank you!

The default vehicles are usually not compatible with industry sets. OpenGFX+ Trains and OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles are quite similar to the default vehicles, but they support NewGRF cargos like the ones included in OpenGFX+ Industries.
Painy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Painy »

Is there any trainset besides OpenGFX+ trains that works well with OpenGFX+ Industries?

Return to “Graphics Releases”