[OTTD] The Vactrain Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Vacuum Tube Train (Vactrain) Set

Post by Voyager One »

NICE! Now I see what has been keeping you away from the 2cc set. :mrgreen:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Nice work, it's really nice to see these graphics being used... It works even better than I hoped!
xenon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xenon »

it runs with 2cc and nutrack if you set default tracks in parametrs but metro track is gone and you can't buy it. so change railtype ID to that track planning use
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

perhaps this one is worth a 'remove one of the metros if this set is loaded' thingy :)

What is the grfid of this set?
Member of the
ImageImage
xenon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xenon »

444A5901
what do you "one of metros"??
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

NuTracks takes up all of the railtype IDs that are available; so if one tracktype is removed, it becomes free for this set to use.
Voyager8000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Voyager8000 »

Hello Emperor Jake :D

I have some graphic problems with the TrainDepot. I have installed the OTTD version 1.0.5. I have installed no further NewGRF files. Is this error already well-known? Is there possibly already a solution? Apology for my bad English, I have it translated with a internet translationtool.

Thank you :bow:
Attachments
vacuumerror.jpg
vacuumerror.jpg (90.35 KiB) Viewed 6173 times
xenon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xenon »

no such error to me. OTTD r22294 (post 1.1.0)
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Do you have the latest version of openGFX?
Voyager8000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Voyager8000 »

Wow, which come new versions so fast, which I do not receive it so fast. :o I have installed the version 1.1.0 now and as openGFX the version 0.3.3. It works now very well. Thank you for your fast assistance. I apologize also for this beginner error. :oops:

God save all openSource projects. :bow:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Yes, I knew that happened with 1.0.5 and older versions... Not sure why though :? Anyway, for best results, just use 1.1.0 (or later) with this set. I will change this in Bananas because 1.1.0. wasn't available as an option at the time.

Thanks for the positive feedback :D
- Jake
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

I have two feature requests for this set.

1) Parameters for configurable costs: vactrain purchasing cost, vactrain running cost and vactube building cost.
2) The Mail wagon is also refittable to Goods. IMO it should be kept as a Mail only wagon and the set should include a specific wagon for Goods and other similar NewGRF cargos (such as FIRS supplies).
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

I have implemented the three base costs parameters as patches. Purchase and running costs are ported directly from OpenGFX+ Trains, and Vacuum Tube costs is based on the other two :P

To apply them just go to the vactrain folder and use "patch -p1 -i <file.diff>". They must be applied in order. I had to code a small hack regarding the parameters to make them work, it is probably a bug in NML that I will be reporting just after posting here.

You should consider moving the development of this set to the openttdcoop devzone. That would make collaboration way simpler and you could distribute the code between different files :)

Also, what is the use of the vactube-plan.nml file?
Attachments
010_Purchase_running_costs.diff
(6.81 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
020_Rail_costs.diff
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Terkhen wrote:I have implemented the three base costs parameters as patches.

About the devzone though... i need some help setting up the mercurial thing, I couldn't get it to work. And just ignore the vactrain-plan.nml file, it was just to test if I could make the vactrain track replace the planning track in Nutracks.

Thanks,
Jake
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Emperor Jake wrote:About the devzone though... i need some help setting up the mercurial thing, I couldn't get it to work
Shouldn't be that difficult... http://hgbook.red-bean.com/read/a-tour- ... asics.html
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

The link posted by planetmaker is what I used to start working with mercurial. It is a great book but that chapter should be enough for basic use :)

If you need further help with either mercurial or nml feel free to visit #openttdcoop.devzone on irc.oftc.net (if you don't have an IRC client you can access through here: http://www.openttdcoop.org/?page=irc).

The nml bug I mentioned has been corrected, so the workaround in the patches is not necessary anymore. I'll post updated versions soon.
Djek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Djek »

Is VacTrain only develloped, for passenger and mail use? Or did I miss an update in NewGRF, so it can be used as well for cargo transportation?

This question is because I've got some TTD games running, in which I've got al closed-circuit between a powerstation and a huge field of coalmines. Both stations are over 20 tracks wide, running multiple Maglev4's per track, but the High Speed of those MagLevs, is simply too low over a distance of app. 1900 tiles. ( Running my games mostly in 2048*2048 or even 4096*4096) so High Speed is really something I'd like, over such long distances ).
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Djek wrote:Is VacTrain only develloped, for passenger and mail use? Or did I miss an update in NewGRF, so it can be used as well for cargo transportation?
Methinks it is for Passengers and Mail only, perhaps also express cargoes like valuables, but certainly not coal and such.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Djek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Djek »

Supercheese wrote:
Djek wrote:Is VacTrain only develloped, for passenger and mail use? Or did I miss an update in NewGRF, so it can be used as well for cargo transportation?
Methinks it is for Passengers and Mail only, perhaps also express cargoes like valuables, but certainly not coal and such.
Why keep "over-the-top" fastness, limited to just passengers and mail, Whilest TTD originaly was developt for the finesse between speed and deliverance? (The longer it takes from A to B, the less income is generated). So There is my question: Why only passengers and mail over 4000 Km/h, and all other "businesses" limited bij MagLev4 on topspeed 643 Km/h ??
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Just to speculate, but "in the real world", passengers and mail will pay a premium to be shipped at the fastest rate, where most cargo, especially bulk cargo, does not need such speed, rather, they need consistent deliveries at regular intervals.

Return to “Graphics Releases”