CHIPS stations - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maselbe
Engineer
Engineer

Re: CHIPS Station Set - 0.4 released 7th April

Post by maselbe »

Hi guys,

I think this set is a great addition to FIRS but I have a bit of a problem.
Just downloaded v0.4 of CHIPS but I only got the buffers and non track tiles. I'm missing the normal (straight) track pieces. Did I forget something or am I missing something.

*EDIT* : Never mind, just found out when you select the buffer and make your station longer than 1 tile it automatically adds the straight tiles :roll: . Works kinda confusing though. :?
missing.png
missing.png (30.82 KiB) Viewed 9903 times
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

maselbe wrote:*EDIT* : Never mind, just found out when you select the buffer and make your station longer than 1 tile it automatically adds the straight tiles :roll: . Works kinda confusing though. :?
In nightly versions this has been changed: the menu will now display the version without any buffers. The buffers will still be automatically placed when you build the station.
The monorail/maglev issue has been fixed, and they're now in there own category.
Railwaymodeler wrote:May I suggest a non-track tile 'bumper' that is just the track leading off into the dirt or gravel? Many light industry sidings don't have a real bumper - instead just wheel chocks (Not likely to be visible in the game) and then just end in dirt or gravel.
This is a very nice suggestion, however I'm not sure if this is possible.
SamMacca
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SamMacca »

Yexo wrote:
Railwaymodeler wrote:May I suggest a non-track tile 'bumper' that is just the track leading off into the dirt or gravel? Many light industry sidings don't have a real bumper - instead just wheel chocks (Not likely to be visible in the game) and then just end in dirt or gravel.
This is a very nice suggestion, however I'm not sure if this is possible.
Surely instead of drawing a seperate buffer tile like ISR or whatever else.. just draw no buffer.. just rails that fade into the base tile?
ImageImageImage

James Hetfield.. God..
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

That is what I was thinking, Sam. If I weren't so busy, I would have a try at drawing it.
Without Trains America Stops

Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

The problem is that if you want it to work also with railtype newgrfs you can't draw any part of the rails. The only thing that can be done is take the normal straight rails and draw an overlay.
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

I have used this set in my recent game where I was going for a tiny little bit of eyecandy, and I love it :)
What I'm missing in this set and I'd like to suggest for the next release, is a kind of road-over-the-tracks tile, like in ISR. I've used that in my game, but unfortunately the ground tiles do not match. :(
Also I think you can make it look better than the one in ISR :P

edit: haha, I didn't even notice that before: If you look carefully at the top left of the screen you can see that the non track tiles have catenary. May want to disable that, if possible?
Attachments
Gunston Transport, 1990-01-19.png
Gunston Transport, 1990-01-19.png (158.48 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

Roujin wrote:May want to disable that, if possible?
tried to build non erail stations?
Hirundo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hirundo »

Ammler wrote:
Roujin wrote:May want to disable that, if possible?
tried to build non erail stations?
Disabling catenary should be possible using properties 11 and 14.

That's a lot nicer than having to switch railtypes, IMO.
Create your own NewGRF? Check out this tutorial!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: CHIPS Station Set - 0.5 released 25th April

Post by andythenorth »

CHIPS 0.5 releasified. It's on the banana-machine, or here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/chips/releases/

------------
Changes in 0.5
------------

Move all stations to a new menu category 'CHIPS stations'
Don't display any buffers in the build stations gui preview
Add Concourse tile for passenger stations
Graphics for dock show waves
Fix Monorail / Maglev issues
Fix incorrect display of catenary on non-track tiles
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Now all the default stations and buffers (and those from other sets which didn't provide a proper category) now all show up under CHIPS. Not that I'm complaining. It works for me. :-) Just didn't know if you had intended that.
Attachments
chips.png
chips.png (23.93 KiB) Viewed 9301 times
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

kamnet wrote:Now all the default stations and buffers (and those from other sets which didn't provide a proper category) now all show up under CHIPS. Not that I'm complaining. It works for me. :-) Just didn't know if you had intended that.
That's not intended. Could you please upload a savegame that reproduces this behavior?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yexo wrote:
kamnet wrote:Now all the default stations and buffers (and those from other sets which didn't provide a proper category) now all show up under CHIPS. Not that I'm complaining. It works for me. :-) Just didn't know if you had intended that.
That's not intended. Could you please upload a savegame that reproduces this behavior?
Provided.
Attachments
chips-0.5.test.sav
(54.32 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Can you also reproduce the problem in clean trunk / latest stable? I don't fancy debugging problems that might happen due to some patchpack.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sheesh, make me do all the work whydontcha, Mr. Picky! Fine I'll go install 1.1.0, even though I never play stable :P ;-)

I'm assuming this problem is, in part, occurring because of a limited number of slots for NewGRFs and where CHIPS is loaded. In this savegame CHIPS still takes over the top slot (even though it's loaded last), the default stations and a bunch of other stations are now moved in, and I can't actually find CHIPS on the list or in any of the tiles.
Attachments
chips-0.5.test2.sav
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I am going to reply but please in the future post in the other thread first.
Most likely you have succesfully exceeded the (extended) 64 station slots limit. I can extend the limit but this is not the place to discuss ...
I have not (yet) tested this issue in recent clean trunk but if my memory serves me well the same would happen if you exceed the 32 slots limit there.

Also if you move CHIPS up in the list some other station GRF will be added at the top if you do not remove some ...
Sheesh, make me do all the work whydontcha, Mr. Picky! Fine I'll go install 1.1.0, even though I never play stable :P ;-)
You can not expect the Devs or anyone else for that matter to search 45000+ lines to search for 1 value I changed somewhere ...
As explained above, in trunk you will run in this issue way faster. ;)

ps:
To whoever can and wants to,
feel free to move the last few post to my patchpak thread ... again. :(
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

There is a limit of 32 station classes. All stations belonging to station classes that didn't fit in that limit of 32 classes will end up in the "default stations" class. The last NewGRF in the list with a station in that class will end up overwriting the name of that class. This has nothing to do with CHIPS but rather with the amount of station newgrfs you've loaded.
kamnet wrote:Sheesh, make me do all the work whydontcha, Mr. Picky! Fine I'll go install 1.1.0, even though I never play stable :P ;-)
I couldn't load your savegame in trunk. Since you didn't mention which patch or patchpack you use I had no way to load your savegame. I've tried to reproduce the problem but didn't manage to do that (due to not being able to see the list of newgrfs, I didn't guess it had to do with the amount of station newgrfs. So in this case I wasn't able to do more. Anyway, thanks for taking the effort of creating a clean savegame :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ChillCore wrote:I am going to reply but please in the future post in the other thread first. Most likely you have succesfully exceeded the (extended) 64 station slots limit. I can extend the limit but this is not the place to discuss ...
Yexo wrote:There is a limit of 32 station classes. All stations belonging to station classes that didn't fit in that limit of 32 classes will end up in the "default stations" class.
Yes, I forgot that this was part of a patch pack and not the game itself until Yexo mentioned clean trunk. Again, I'm spoiled. :-)
ChillCore wrote:You can not expect the Devs or anyone else for that matter to search 45000+ lines to search for 1 value I changed
WOT?? LULZ! ;-)
Yexo wrote:So in this case I wasn't able to do more. Anyway, thanks for taking the effort of creating a clean savegame :)
It was no effort, I was just being silly. Thank YOU for taking the time to look at it and stick around hacking on my favorite game!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: CHIPS Station Set - 0.6.0 released 10th December

Post by andythenorth »

CHIPS 0.6.0 is now on Bananas, or http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/chips/releases/

*Changelog for 0.6.0*

Add new menu category 'CHIPS tiles' and move some tiles to it
Cargo graphics for:
- metal / steel
- milk
- fruit / fruit & vegetables
Improved graphics for Parcels Office
Added four new buildings:
- Small Wooden Hut
- Booking Office
- Small Warehouse
- Boiler House and Offices
Removed Clay Platforms (deprecated in v0.4)
Improved the readme.txt for in-game viewing
Attachments
CHIPS-0-6-0.png
CHIPS-0-6-0.png (33.39 KiB) Viewed 8385 times
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

May I wish OpenGFX-graphics for the mud platforms? Even the Small Wooden Hut has them. :bow:

e: I'd like to see snow-awareness some day.
Attachments
This is reeeally disturbing me...
This is reeeally disturbing me...
Näyttökuva 2012-02-26 kohteessa 0.00.55.png (391.93 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
...when compared to original graphics
...when compared to original graphics
Näyttökuva 2012-02-26 kohteessa 0.01.38.png (379.09 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I agree. The majority of OTTD players these days have only the openGFX graphics because they don't own the original TTD graphics, and some of us prefer OpenGFX over the TTD graphics.

Return to “Graphics Releases”