CHIPS stations - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

pr0saic
Engineer
Engineer

Re: CHIPS Station Set - 1.9.0 released 10th May 2019

Post by pr0saic »

I know it's an old thread without any activity recently, but on the off chance someone sees this, is there any way to make a variant of the CHIPS station tiles without the stations' industries goods on? I would do it myself, but I don't know how.
Regards
Ayy Lmao
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

pr0saic wrote: 31 Jan 2021 21:34 I know it's an old thread without any activity recently, but on the off chance someone sees this, is there any way to make a variant of the CHIPS station tiles without the stations' industries goods on? I would do it myself, but I don't know how.
Regards
Don't bother. It takes far too much work to learn how to do something as simple as what you asked for and everyone else will refuse to take requests. I'd do it, but I don't know how either.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Gadg8eer wrote: 01 Feb 2021 04:44 Don't bother. It takes far too much work to learn how to do something as simple as what you asked for and everyone else will refuse to take requests. I'd do it, but I don't know how either.
Dude, go easy, don't just escalate straight to s*** on his and everyone else on this forums cereal.
pr0saic wrote: 31 Jan 2021 21:34 I know it's an old thread without any activity recently, but on the off chance someone sees this, is there any way to make a variant of the CHIPS station tiles without the stations' industries goods on? I would do it myself, but I don't know how.
Regards
As far as the NFO is concerned it shouldn't actually be too hard; you'd basically be looking at stripping most of the action two chains that are likely responsible for the loading sprites. You would have to start learning NFO though and that's not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination though, https://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page is your starting point. Basic skinny on Stations is you use an Action 0 to define the stats of a station, action 2's and varaction 2's to screw with the actual sprites, and then Action3's to chain them all together and an action 4 to define the name. In your instance you should see a bunch of action3's and action 2's attached to each station ID's for each and you basically want to cut it back to the bare sprites.

If however you're looking for something in a similar theme but without loading stages than my Basic Stations set might fit the bill; basic dirt and gravel stations without loading stages... Funnily it's actually on my to-do list to add cargo waiting sprites though 😅.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: CHIPS Station Set - 1.10.1 released 6th February 2021

Post by michael blunck »

Aegir wrote: [...] You would have to start learning NFO though and that's not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination though, https://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page is your starting point. Basic skinny on Stations is you use an Action 0 to define the stats of a station, action 2's and varaction 2's to screw with the actual sprites, and then Action3's to chain them all together and an action 4 to define the name. In your instance you should see a bunch of action3's and action 2's attached to each station ID's for each and you basically want to cut it back to the bare sprites.
Hehe Richard, easier said than done!

I did take a look, and of course you missed to mention station layouts (although, formally, a subcategory of "action 0"). And then, there's much use of GRM (together with that infamous action 6). Which takes me wonder, since a quite large and complex station set like NewStations does not use GRM at all.

How's reissue of your set coming along? :p

regards
Michael
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: CHIPS Station Set - 1.10.1 released 6th February 2021

Post by Aegir »

michael blunck wrote: 08 Feb 2021 09:26
Aegir wrote: [...] You would have to start learning NFO though and that's not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination though, https://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page is your starting point. Basic skinny on Stations is you use an Action 0 to define the stats of a station, action 2's and varaction 2's to screw with the actual sprites, and then Action3's to chain them all together and an action 4 to define the name. In your instance you should see a bunch of action3's and action 2's attached to each station ID's for each and you basically want to cut it back to the bare sprites.
Hehe Richard, easier said than done!

I did take a look, and of course you missed to mention station layouts (although, formally, a subcategory of "action 0"). And then, there's much use of GRM (together with that infamous action 6). Which takes me wonder, since a quite large and complex station set like NewStations does not use GRM at all.

How's reissue of your set coming along? :p

regards
Michael
Yes I realized afterwards how complex it was when I helped Andy out with a grfid/classid issue for something he's working on. I'm not super familiar with GRM but having worked with making my own makefile/gcc abusing build system it didn't take me too long to work out. I'm finding sometimes after seeing some of these complicated build environments in a few projects I'm having an easier time understanding the raw NFO out of grfcodec than I am the original source.

As for Suburban Stations 2.0... I frankly, haven't done anything. I completed a ready to code spritesheet lately and updated my github repos and have been procrastinating stuffing around with other sideprojects instead.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: CHIPS Station Set - 2.0.0 released 6th March 2021

Post by andythenorth »

CHIPS 2.0.0 released (get it in game using bananas).

2.0.0 Release

Revised ground tiles:
  • added a variant for Asphalt tiles with dirt / weathering
  • repainted Asphalt, Mud and Cobble tiles
  • track tiles better fit standard gauge tracks that use the size/spacing of default RAIL railtype sprites
  • revised ground tiles match to FIRS 4 industry ground tiles
  • simplified ground tile names, removing 'FIRS' etc
  • Reworked docks:
    • uses revised Asphalt surface texture
    • added a small building and some generic cargo sprites
  • Added Harbour Crane Rails tiles, and added rail sprites to existing Harbour Crane tiles
  • Improved mine building tiles (Tipple, Flood Loader, Small Mine Building, Large Mine Building):
    • all sprites redrawn to look better
    • now mostly grey not company colour, as the company colour often clashed with FIRS mine colours
    • mine building tiles now (in most cases) appear to be connected structures when placed next to each other
  • Reorganised tiles in construction menu to provide better order and grouping
  • Added cargo graphics for:
    • Alloy Steel
    • Stainless Steel
  • Bumped grfid as this is CHIPS version 2
    • not savegame compatible with stations using CHIPS 1 tiles
    • however CHIPS 2 can be used alongside CHIPS 1 in the same game if desired
CHIPS-2-0-0.png
CHIPS-2-0-0.png (210.32 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
CHIPS-2-mines-1.png
CHIPS-2-mines-1.png (146.78 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
CHIPS-2-mines-2.png
CHIPS-2-mines-2.png (295.67 KiB) Viewed 2790 times
Last edited by andythenorth on 06 Mar 2021 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

CHIPS-2-harbour-cranes-1.png
CHIPS-2-harbour-cranes-1.png (192.97 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
CHIPS 2 ground won't match existing object sets that re-use CHIPS sprites (e.g. FIRS and CHIPS Objects, similar object sets).
They don't look too bad together though.
CHIPS-2-with-objects.png
CHIPS-2-with-objects.png (310.76 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
madrito
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madrito »

andythenorth wrote: 06 Mar 2021 10:38 FIRS 2.0.0 released (get it in ...
If there should be CHIPS, my English is getting better, but thanks to the forum
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Looks great! No more setting my main CC to brown or grey for my stations!

Return to “Graphics Releases”