No livestock car in DBSetXL

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

No livestock car in DBSetXL

Post by Qu@rks »

Hey there, I'm having a little problem with DBSetXL.

I started the game in 1920 and until about 1950 everything worked fine but now all of a sudden there is no "modern" livestock car available. Only the really old one which carries only 15 items. I wonder what may have caused this and whether there is another car (that I haven't "found" yet?) that can be refitted to livestock.

It's a cargodest game by the way but I used the standard downloadable windows version. NewGRFs (except DBSetXL) are only for eye candy so the game should work without them, no new industries, etc.

Screenshot and savegame attached!

EDIT: Ahhh just saw this is the wrong forum, if there's a moderator out there reading this thread, please move it to the correct one and remove this line :bow:
Attachments
Quarks & Co, 29th Apr 1970.png
(118.73 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Quarks & Co, 5th Apr 1970.sav
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: No livestock car in DBSetXL

Post by michael blunck »

AFAIK, there´s no "modern" livestock wagon in DBXL. Instead, it´s still possible to use the box cars for livestock in later years. From your screenshot, it seems that you don´t use the "speedlimits" feature, so you´re missing the second generation of freight cars altogether.

regards
Michael
Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Qu@rks »

I believe it seems like I am using that feature (speed limits), especially since the "old" box car only goes at 59km/h (as it says in the depot window). Besides, I don't think that this causes the "loss" of modern cars because I have the refridgerator car for example...
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Qu@rks wrote: I believe it seems like I am using that feature (speed limits), especially since the "old" box car only goes at 59km/h (as it says in the depot window). Besides, I don't think that this causes the "loss" of modern cars because I have the refridgerator car for example...
I don´t think so. One hint would be the missing of the 2nd standard box van (1st one is still on your train no. 24). OTOH, I don´t quite remember the exact behaviour of 0.82, in particular the freight car scheme. In any way, this problem had been extensively discussed in the German tt-forums in the past. Maybe you might take a look over there.

regards
Michael
Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Qu@rks »

I am definitely using the speed limits feature :)

But thank you for the advice, I might take a look at the forum and post my answer to the problem there, too. Yes, this means that I found it. There seems to be a problem when using DBSetXL in combination with DB Double Decker Coaches. I tried disabling the double decker grf and now I have all cars available. After reloading it, some cars disappeared, but this time different ones than before. Very weird behavior ;)

BTW: Car speed limits won't display if the speed limits feature is disabled. I just double checked.

Best wishes!
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Qu@rks wrote: [...] There seems to be a problem when using DBSetXL in combination with DB Double Decker Coaches. I tried disabling the double decker grf and now I have all cars available. After reloading it, some cars disappeared, but this time different ones than before. Very weird behavior ;)
Well, that particular newgrf is not by me, and I have no information about its intended behaviour.

regards
Michael
Qu@rks
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Qu@rks »

I know :)

Just wanted to post the "solution" so that other people having the same problem can actually find something if they use the search function at all :mrgreen:

Return to “Graphics Releases”