Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:08 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Here is a new .GRF for some Oil Riggin' in Sub-arctic and Sub-tropical terrains.
Like in Temperate terrain the oil rigs appear at over 1960 (while playing a map and not at its generation).
Of course to avoid doubles - this .GRF disables itself in Temperate and Toyland terrains.

Source and .GRF:
Attachment:
File comment: NFO_source
oilrigsd.nfo [934 Bytes]
Downloaded 426 times

Attachment:
File comment: .GRF
oilrigsd.grf [152 Bytes]
Downloaded 753 times

I'll also post it on the GRFcrawler and Fruity_dl_page.

Keep 'em rollin'!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:38 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Hello to my friend and who has created the Oil Rig for Troipic as well as for Snowland. And congratulations to you my dear friend and for doing this. Just some ctritism and if I may. Firstly I like to play Tropic/Desert maps. And after putting in your .grf I have so far ended up and with more than 150 oil rigs! Which I suggesting to you is bordering and on the ridiculous. And also I like to use the Manual Industries set. To mostly prevent industries from constantly opening & closing. And because there is nothing more annoying than to spend a lot of money connecting and to some industry and by rail. Only to see it close down and before you can get the first train rolling. And I have noticed that despite this Manual Industry set, some but not all of your oil rigs have closed down. Can I suggest that about 10 oil rigs per map is sufficient. And that they shouldn't be closing down and when The Manual Industry Set is also loaded. And that you go back to the drawing board and create a Mark II and of you oil rig set for desert and alpine climates. And come up with a much better version. Cause your idea idea was a very good one. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:58 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

bungy52 wrote:
And that they shouldn't be closing down and when The Manual Industry Set is also loaded.

Please note that the Manual Industries grf only works with no other industry sets loaded. See also http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/index.p ... industries, or the Manual Industries readme.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:49 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks for the nice words, bungy52; 150 oil rigs?
Oh my. :lol:
What kind of map size are you running (1024x1024)?
I know I set the .grf so that at least 3 rigs are built (randomly - and kept). For number limiter I'd probably have to put in place some building rules which I haven't yet started because there is no good explanation how to do it in the .grf specs. I also wouldn't want to confine them to only borderline areas, because they come in handy for a scenario with more water...
If of course there is another - simple - way to control the upper limit of instances, it would perhaps be applicable.

Keep 'em rollin'!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:08 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

bungy52: I assume you are playing with OpenTTD 1.0.x. You should try the nightlies or 1.1 betas, likely the industry counts behave a lot better there.

If you are using this GRF together with Manual Industries (with disabled industry construction) I am not surprised when OpenTTD 1.0.x spawns quite a lot OilRigs.