OpenGFX+ Trains

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: OpenGFX+ Trains

Post by planetmaker »

Transportman wrote: The option to en/disable a certain type of trains (no electric or only Maglev for example). I use the Dutch Train Set, which disables Monorail and Maglev, but I do want to have an occasional Maglev crossing the screen.
This feature has been implemented mostly in r272 and will be available in the upcoming nightly. I don't distinguish electric / non-electric but just rail/monorail/maglev. That nightly will - among a few other things - also support the brand-new feature of OpenTTD to refit in stations for those refits where it makes sense.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

New version up on Bananas: OpenGFX+ Trains 0.3.0.

This release moves on to NewGRF v8, thus requires OpenTTD 1.2.0-beta1 or newer. But it brings a number of new things to the existing vehicles which differenciate the wagons better.

Most notably wagons allow often to be refit in a station and the refrigerator wagons are advanteguous for food transport over the "normal" cargo wagons which also carry the same cargo as cargo ages slower when transported refrigerated.

Thanks also to prppedro, akasoft, Yexo and Terkhen for the translations. Further translations and updates to existing ones are welcome. You find the language files here. All but Dutch, German and Spanish might need an update.
Changelog OpenGFX 0.3.0 wrote: - Feature: Allow to select engines by railtypes, i.e. rail, monorail and maglev separately (issue #3182)
- Feature: Allow to select all engines except toyland
- Feature: Allow autorefit for wagons under certain conditions
- Feature: Age cargos slower in refrigerated wagons so that they become more interesting for their specific cargo than the non-refrigerated versions.
- Feature: Give rail wagons a speed limit of 160km/h. This does not apply to MU wagons (issue #1920)
- Change: Update readme to provide useful info in the ingame readme viewer
- Change: Decrease the capacity of the bulk wagon for lumber from 30 to 25
- Change: Display the steel sprites when carrying copper (until better sprites are available) (issue #3036)
- Change: [Makefile] Install tar so that readme can be viewed ingame
- Change: Add FISH and TOUR to cargo translation table
- Add: Brasilian and Russian translation
- Add: Preliminary support for FIRS sugar cane and sugar beet
- Add: Add oil seeds and copper to CTT and treat oil seeds graphically as fruits (issue #3036)
- Add: Support limestone as cargo explicitly (issue #2632)
- Add: Ingame URL to project page
- Update: Spanish, Dutch and German translations
- Fix: Take care of refit options for MU engines; allow them to basically transport passengers, mail, armoured and express (issue #3208)
- Fix: Improve alignment of maglevel pax, mail and valuables wagon. Shorten them to 7/8. (issue #3510)
- Fix: Don't swap container colours when train reverses after load (issue #2654)
As usual, get it from the online content from ingame or visit the project page
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

This is pretty exciting!

But... :cry: I found couple of issues.
1) Armored boxcar is not available.
2) I couldn't get this set in 1.2.0-beta1 content downloader. It worked fine with 1.2.0-beta2.
3) The alignment between of passenger/mail wagon and Lev4 could be improved?
See how there's a space between the leading engine and the wagon, but there's no such space anywhere else in the consist.
See how there's a space between the leading engine and the wagon, but there's no such space anywhere else in the consist.
Tervanummi Transport, 11th Feb 3000.png (23.87 KiB) Viewed 11043 times
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Version 0.3.0. Game setting to allow food and fruit cargos in temperate climate.

For both bulk train wagons and refridgerator wagons, the default is to carry fruit...BUT, the train can be refit to carry fruit at a cost even though it can already carry fruit. A refit cost should only be applied to wagons unable to carry the new cargo, not all wagons available on the train.

It also seems mean to have to pay a cost to refit fridge wagons to carry food when they are first purchased. I know it's only a small amount but...

I would hope in time that fruit wagons are going to be different from food wagons (I know this is a work in progress).
OliTTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OliTTD »

Hi,
planetmaker wrote:Thanks also to prppedro, akasoft, Yexo and Terkhen for the translations. Further translations and updates to existing ones are welcome. You find the language files here. All but Dutch, German and Spanish might need an update.
To let you know that I'm working on the (much needed) French translation.
ETA: a couple of days.
nordemoniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nordemoniac »

Is the latest release of OGFX+ Trains on Bananas? So I can just download it in-game?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

nordemoniac wrote:Is the latest release of OGFX+ Trains on Bananas? So I can just download it in-game?
The latest release is currently 0.3.0 which is indeed on BaNaNaS. The very last additions are only available in the nightly which can be downloaded here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-trains/nightlies/. For multiplayer I'd recommend to the version on bananas, for singleplayer you can experiment more easily.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Most notably, the 32bpp sprites so far are only available in the nightly builds of OpenGFX trains as pointed out by Yexo. We're working on changing that and providing a new release which includes 32bpp sprites - but it also needs some changes to the online content server itself in order to allow handling the greatly increased newgrf size.
D-CHGU
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by D-CHGU »

Just downloaded the whole OpenGFX+ stuff and it's great to play with the original vehicules for a change (haven't used them since I found out about newGRFs)

I noticed that the steam from the Kirby Paul Tank is coming out from before the engine itself... now since I can't remember ever using that locomotive, not even way back when I used to play the original TTD, I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour or if it's a bug... I thought I'd post it anyway, just in case

sorry if it's allready been mentionned before
Attachments
Elbmünster Transport, 27. Sep 1930.png
Elbmünster Transport, 27. Sep 1930.png (349.25 KiB) Viewed 9841 times
Changed my old screenshot-topic into an interactive one ! See here
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

I reported it a year ago or so, see http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/2687
Apparently, there are problems in OpenTTD itself that prevent a proper fix.
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

can not be fixed by OpenGFX, but this is OpenGFX+ thread, so why not replace that engine here?
JRD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JRD »

Bug report:
Refrigerator wagon has closed its doors at the station and open for travel, on Maglev.
Ahoj
..... MY OTTD Web
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

More refit issues. Using version 0.3.0 and firs industry set (but it applies to others too)
Similar to problems I raised on 28th March 2012 in a post just above this one...my, how time flies!

Buy a train with 3 tank wagons (chemicals default cargo) and refit them to milk, cost £525
Refit them again to milk (they are already set to milk), cost £261
Add another chemical tank wagon to the 3 milk and refit all to milk, cost £436

Similarly for the default industry set (actually GFX industries 0.3.4)

Buy 3 bulk (coal) and refit to grain, cost £525
add a coal wagon (to the 3 grain wagons) and refit all 4 for grain, cost £436
refit all 4 grain wagons to grain, cost £348

It's apparent that the refit charge does not take into account the current refit details of any of the wagons...I've no idea if that is possible and it may be the reason why vehicles are charged to be refit even though they can already carry the intended cargo.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Thanks. I shall have a look at it as soon as my time allows :)

Also, I moved a discussion about other track types and vehicles to here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=69884
inz.germanista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by inz.germanista »

I'm trying to download last nightly version, but every time I end up with courpted file, checksums doesn't match. I'm starting to think if the file on server isn't corupted. This file to be excact: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-tra ... s-5120.zip

I also tried a few of previous relases...

Can anyone help me with my isue?
There's so much newer games, none gives so much fun as openTTD, and before TTD, TToM and finally TT, since 1995 best games I ever played.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

inz.germanista wrote:I'm trying to download last nightly version, but every time I end up with courpted file, checksums doesn't match. I'm starting to think if the file on server isn't corupted. This file to be excact: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-tra ... s-5120.zip

I also tried a few of previous relases...

Can anyone help me with my isue?
Which checksums do you compare?

Code: Select all

planetmaker@server:path/to/ogfx-trains/nightlies/LATEST$ cat ogfx-trains-5120.zip.md5 
218e82be4e5aee027b1f1a6b9699a818  ogfx-trains-5120.zip
planetmaker@server:path/to/ogfx-trains/nightlies/LATEST$ md5sum ogfx-trains-5120.zip
218e82be4e5aee027b1f1a6b9699a818  ogfx-trains-5120.zip
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

No problem here downloading, using only Firefox 29 on Windows 7.
inz.germanista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by inz.germanista »

I tried to download using Opera 20.0.1387.91 and Firefox 28.0 and GNU wget on Windows 7. Haven't yet tried on Linux.

Checksum that I was trying is here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-tra ... 20.zip.md5

Also tried to unzip downloaded file with:
Total Commander 8.01,
WinRAR 4.20,
7-Zip 9.20
And none of them extracted anything from archive.

My copy of this file downloaded using gnu wget has md5 checksum: 132ab0390ed3aeec545d5580c3ae83ff and should have 218e82be4e5aee027b1f1a6b9699a818
There's so much newer games, none gives so much fun as openTTD, and before TTD, TToM and finally TT, since 1995 best games I ever played.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

File is 56817767 bytes?
inz.germanista
Engineer
Engineer

Post by inz.germanista »

Alberth wrote:File is 56817767 bytes?
Yes:

Code: Select all

Łączenie się z bundles.openttdcoop.org|5.9.88.188|:80... połączono.
Żądanie HTTP wysłano, oczekiwanie na odpowiedź...
Długość: 56817767 (54M), 56817767 (54M) pozostało [application/zip]
Zapis do: `ogfx-trains-5120.zip'

100%[++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>] 56 817 767  --.-K/s   w  1m 32s

2014-05-15 20:36:27 (603 KB/s) - zapisano `ogfx-trains-5120.zip' [56817767/568
17767]
EDIT:

Never mind. File checksum matches with copy downloaded @ Arch Linux. Strange, Windows corupted file everytime I tried to download it using three diferent utils.

Return to “Graphics Releases”