OpenGFX+ Trees 0.2.2

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenGFX+ Trees 0.2.2

Post by FLHerne »

slaca wrote:Hi, sorry for digging up this topic but I have 2 questions.

1. There are 19 trees to enable/disable in the parameter settings, but when I would like to plant some, there are only 12 trees to choose from.
2. How could I make a forest from one tree? If I plant only 1 tree, after a while will grow another type of tree on the same square. For example I can't make a 10x10 forest from only "#5 tree" because a tons of other trees will grow next to them.

Thanks
1 - possibly some trees are used only in certain climates. The readme says something about that, but I can't make sense of it. Perhaps it being past midnight doesn't help there.

2 - You can't, with actual trees. There's a parameter to use only coniferous trees, which might help.
Otherwise, you'd need to create a newgrf adding NewObjects for the particular types of tree you want to build,
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The available trees depend on the climate you play in; thus not all are available.

Planting a forest with one tree type might work, but the natural growth of trees does honour monocultures, thus it will dilute eventually. Creating a NewObject NewGRF might indeed be one solution
Diamond42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Diamond42 »

Hey Everyone,

Great work on this set, it's amazing! Is there anyway to use all trees in the temperate climate?

I play on a giant map of the earth, and want to use some palm trees to distinguish between the more tropical areas around the equator!
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I'm afraid that's not possible. It's a limitation by OpenTTD itself.

Return to “Graphics Releases”