Metro Track Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] Metro Track Set

Post by DJ Nekkid »

planetmaker wrote:I thought 2cctrainset had a separate setting for the track prices - which it does not seem to have. Nor does metro tracks seem to have a swtich in that respect nor do track costs have a separate base cost setting. So... I see no option, my initial idea does not seem to work, sorry.
When i get the time i will consult with FooBar on how to (hopefully) fix this, as we both probably have to add some bits or pieces of code. But currently i have A LOT of work, pluss im not completely tierd of Civ5 yet :P BBL :D
Member of the
ImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Metro Track Set

Post by FooBar »

2.0.0 released

Get it on the OpenTTD online content or at the DevZone.

What's new?
- Feature: allow to disable railtypes individually
- Feature: custom metro (light) signals
- Feature: option to allow/disallow level crossings
- Feature: option to allow other vehicles on metro tracks
- Feature: parameter to disable custom signals
- Feature: underground metro tracks
- Feature: urban underground metro track
- Add: Dutch translation
- Add: Japan Set Landscape support

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Looks nice, I have one comment on the signals. Compared to OpenGFX the signals are far from the tracks on the North side of the tracks because of the yellow 3rd rail, while at the South side of the tracks they are very close to the tracks (on the - they even look to be on the track in some cases, see the screenshot).
Attachments
Unnamed, 1st Jan 3000.png
The signals
(147.14 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Hmmm, I should've paid a little more attention to that :P
I'll fix that soon-ish in a new release.
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello Ammler,

Expressed wrong, NuTracks contains internally Metro tracks that work well, but when I install an additional set Metrotrack 2.0.0 I get sprite errors.

The Subwaytracks in Nutracks are really sufficient, you need not MetroTrackSet addition.
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Ammler was right, two years ago. This set was once compatible with NuTracks. But then NuTracks progressed making loading both redundant and now this set is catching up again.

Bottomline is, you don't need both. Use this set if you just want metro tracks. Use NuTracks if you want speed limits and all the features NuTracks has to offer.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

2.1.0 released

After some complaints (which are highly appreciated!) it's already time for the next release. You can get it from the online content or the devzone.

So what's new?
- The signals have been realigned. They're a bit tricky when not duplicating the sprites to have different alignments for left and right hand signals, so it's about the best I can do at the moment (still not ideal though!).
- No more "attempt to use invalid ID" errors from this grf.
- Information for the player if there are not enough free railtypes.
- Improved support for metro tracks replacing monorail or maglev. They now should behave exactly the same as when adding them as new railtype.

So there you have it! :D
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello,

The light signals do not work in the tunnel, 90% of the subway runs in tunnels.
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!
Python99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Python99 »

hi I have a question: when i try to build the 'underground' tracks, it doesn't have the 'roof'. this is for both the urban as the normal underground. Does anybody know why this is? I'm running OTTD 1.3.0-RC1 on windows 64 bit.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Turn off transparency for overhead wires and try again.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Python99
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Python99 »

now it works, thanks
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

2.1.1 released

The signals that were the wrong way round are finally fixed. Regular trains are now allowed on metro tracks by default, so that I don't forget to make that setting when starting a new game.

I've also enabled the web translator service for this set. If you want to do translate this set in your own language, you can now do so at https://translator.openttdcoop.org/. Let me know when your translation is finished, then I'll put a new release on BaNaNaS.
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Using them in a current Let's play. (Even though it will be a while before I'll use Metro) Looking forward to using them for my S-Bahn stuff :)
rchu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rchu »

For some reason I have nothing but trouble getting the "Metro Track set" v2.1.1 and the "2cc subway from the 2cc set" v1.0 to work. I've downloaded them in-game from the online content and am using OpenTTD 1.4.0-beta3 (because of the cargodist) on OS X. I cannot pinpoint what exactly is wrong, but this is what happens in different setups (no other grfs, new game in 2050):

Only the metro track set, default parameters can build railway, monorail and maglev, no metro vehicles so no metro tracks. Nothing unexpected.
Only the metro track set, 'allow other trains on metro tracks' param is 'both' so I should be able to build metro tracks but I still can't.
Only the metro track set, 'metro tracks' set to 'monorail' and 'metro tracks with catenary' set to 'disabled' works fine, but when I enable both underground tracks I can build them but they look exactly the same as the normal metro tracks, i.e. no grass or concrete roof, no matter how I have my transparency options
The metro track set and '2cc subways from…' metro track set to monorail, and it works. Except that I have no other rail vehicles so metro is the only type of track I can use. I don't want the full 2cc set, I just want to have actual metro vehicles and not monorail vehicles. Underground tracks still look like regular ones.

So my two problems are that
1) I cannot get the underground metro tracks to display properly.
2) '2cc subways from…' disable all other trains.

I was all exited when I discovered this newGRF, and now I cannot use it. Imagine the disappointment… any pointers or suggestions are more than welcome!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Interesting case. It's untested from my end, so it would be interesting to figure out what's going on. I've added it to my list and will look into it, maybe this weekend.
I'll let you know here when I've figured stuff out!
rchu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rchu »

:bow: Cool! Let me know if I can assist
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I'm testing using OpenTTD 1.4.0 beta5, with Metro Track Set v 2.11 and 2cc Subways v 1.0. Setting "Metro tracks" and "Metro tracks with catenary" to "Replace monorail" allows me to build Metro Track w/ Catenary, Underground Metro Track, and Underground Urban Metro Track.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

That indeed is how it is supposed to work. Unfortunately I haven't been able to look into the issue yet, so thanks for sharing!
Asperamanca
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Asperamanca »

I can build metro and metro with catenary (and I do have metro vehicles from 2cc), but no underground track is available. What could be wrong?
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

Calm, all is fine. At this moment, all metro things (in OTTD) are visual.

Maybe in distant future... But underground track don't exits today.

Is a really, really complex code, a long time of work for programmers.
And remember, all people in OTTD are volunteers...
Nobody see money for this work, and no have time for more.

I only say for OTTD people, Thanks for all...
:bow: :bow: :bow: Programmers, makers of NewGRFs and more, translators...
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!

Return to “Graphics Releases”