[UNIV] Swedish Rails Set 0.8.1

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

slaca
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [UNIV] Swedish Rails Set 0.8.0

Post by slaca »

Are you planning to update this set with more track-types? Would be nice to choose track graphic via parameter. I would be glad if I had more tunnel-types, catenarys and fences via parameter. Keep up the good work!

Cheers
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

slaca wrote:Are you planning to update this set with more track-types? Would be nice to choose track graphic via parameter. I would be glad if I had more tunnel-types, catenarys and fences via parameter. Keep up the good work!
If I was provided with additional graphics, I will consider that, especially for tunnels and fences, maybe signals. With respect to tracks... not sure for *this* set. Rather I might rather make a new set which supports more track types according to a more elaborate track scheme, but which would suit a larger region than just Sweden, possibly based on or an extension of the DutchTrackSet.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

I think those level crossings shoud have proper lights and gates, in Swedish style, instead of plain crossings (or British ones) since this is Swedish Rails set: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/35060563
See more: Google picture search "plankorsning"
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

go draw them? :)
ImageImageImage
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Small update to 0.8.1, available on both, ingame via banananas and the DevZone's bundles server.

Changes:
* Support for fallback support for a range of railtype labels. This makes it easier to specialized railtypes to vehicle by the set creators and still have your vehicle appear at the most suitable railtype.
* LOTS of translation updates:
Croatian by Voyager1; Dutch by^Spike^, Transportman; English (US) by Supercheese; Finnish by juzza1; French by arikover; Hungarian by zaza; Indonesian by UseYourIllusion and Yoursnotmine; Russian by akasoft, George
Thanks to all of them :)

If you feel that your favourite language is missing or could be improved: don't be shy, register at the DevZone, apply as translator for your language(s) and start translating by means of the webtranslator, this project and many more.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] Swedish Rails Set 0.8.1

Post by Trond »

Great, but... No norwegian :shock:
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Trond wrote:Great, but... No norwegian :shock:
you know how you can change that :D (for 0.8.2 or 0.9.0 - dunno yet which will be next)
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Its done :)
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

+1 for luxembourgish ;) love the rails, excellent work 8)
WLK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WLK »

Hello all,
first of all, thank you for creating and maintaining this great set :bow: . It is a must have for most of my games (I always replace (too dark) base rail graphics with swedish).
But when I am playing russian themed game (and using xussr.grf from devzone http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/xussrset/) there it is provided own track graphics with interesting feature for me: different colours for rail types on the map (light grey/white for non-electrified, red for DC electrified and blue for AC electrified). Is there a possibility to implement this feature to the swedishrails.grf, please? (in this case just 2 different colours to distinguish non-electrified and electrified).
Thank you.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

WLK wrote:Hello all,
first of all, thank you for creating and maintaining this great set :bow: . It is a must have for most of my games (I always replace (too dark) base rail graphics with swedish).
But when I am playing russian themed game (and using xussr.grf from devzone http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/xussrset/) there it is provided own track graphics with interesting feature for me: different colours for rail types on the map (light grey/white for non-electrified, red for DC electrified and blue for AC electrified). Is there a possibility to implement this feature to the swedishrails.grf, please? (in this case just 2 different colours to distinguish non-electrified and electrified).
Thank you.
Yes, that's a good suggestion.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

I am guessing the .se rails would be blue and yellow on the map?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

supermop wrote:I am guessing the .se rails would be blue and yellow on the map?
I'm taking suggestions, yes :)

Please pick a colour from the DOS palette: http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/Pa ... s#Palettes
:)
zar_igor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zar_igor »

I am playing a canadian game with all the canadian grf files, which also provide rail graphics. Unfortunately, they can't be overwritten by the swedish ones (since the feature works for 'normal' rails or NuTracks only). Would there be a possibilty to enable the swedish rails to overwrite the canadian ones? Especially the snow awareness of your grf is way prettier (to my mind) than the canadian rails.
Playing Transport Tycoon since 25+ years.
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

add swedish rails, remove canadian rails ?
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Phreeze wrote:add swedish rails, remove canadian rails ?
Yeah, but as the tracks are included in the Canadian Trainset, that would also mean remove the Trains...

Unfortunately, the Canadian Set (1.6) seems to define its own tracktypes, and Swedish Rails only changes the default graphics (plus other NuTracks ones).
girth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by girth »

Hej guys (see what I did there)

I'm playing with the Sweding Rails set with FIRS, and I notice that there's no wagons that can load paper. Am I doing something wrong or was this grf simply created before FIRS, so it wasn't factored in? The only way I can haul paper is to add a grf that refits original cargo for FIRS.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Afaik, swedish rails only does rail infra structure, ie tracks and depots. It does not have vehicles, and thus doesn't handle cargo support for wagons.

Indeed you need to add a newgrf that refits the default set if you want toplay with an (any) industry NewGRF.
See the readme of Firs for further details.

If you like playing with the original vehicles, I'd recommend you take a look at OpenGFX+trains and OpenGFX+road vehicles. They are like the original, but a little nicer.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
girth
Engineer
Engineer

Post by girth »

Ah, you're right, it must be Swedish Trains by AI which I'm using then.
I've tried to put together a Swedish preset. That's where the the problem sounds like it is.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

My Swedish Trains does not support FIRS or any other newcargo grf, only the standard cargos. Development has been very slow (nice way of saying non-existant) for some years - it seems I have gone too deep into my Lego addiction, and time doesn't add up like I would like it to...

I suggest you add som other (FIRS compatible) grf for goods wagon, and only use Swedish Trains for passenger transport (that's what I do). DB XL Set work ok for Sweden, I think.

Return to “Graphics Releases”