DBXL extensions for ECS and FIRS

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: DBXL extensions for ECS and FIRS

Post by Sensation Lover »

You must use the originaly DB set XL... this, like the name says, it's an extension for the ECS vectors or FIRS industries.
GOT IT?

Am I right folks?
(wait for an expert confirmation before you proceed)
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Fry3k wrote: I'm having a problem with the DBXL-ECS extension. Wagons are only refittable for just one cargo type in every vector (paper in wood vector, food in agricultural vector). I'm just trying to use it with no other newgrfs to be sure i don't mix up anything. I also tried changing in which ordner the newgrfs are loaded but it doesent seem to work.

I'm using OpenTTD v1.04, DB Set v0.82 (XL) 05.05.05, ECS extension 10.06.10.
What ECS vectors are you using exactly?
Fry3k wrote: PS: I have the same problem with the combination of FIRS and DBXL but this could have to do with compability problems described earlier in this thread.
Right. That was because of the constant changes in FIRS over the last months.

I´ve uploaded a new version of DBXL_ECS, see first post.

regards
Michael
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

For what it's worth, FIRS cargos are expected to be stable for the forseeable future (from release 0.5 onwards).

Changes so far have been for good gameplay reasons, but if I change them again, several people will have stern words for me. :twisted:

There will be cargo *additions* in future, these will be specific to certain economies (chosen by parameter).

The list here is canonical: http://tt-foundry.com/sets/FIRS/schema/cargos
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

andythenorth wrote:For what it's worth, FIRS cargos are expected to be stable for the forseeable future (from release 0.5 onwards).
Is there a grf-ID somewhere?

regards
Michael
Fry3k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fry3k »

@Sensation Lover: I am using both, the original DB Set XL, the ECS-Addon from this thread an the ECS vector. This is what you ment i guess, that i was using just the file from this thread without the DBXL-newgrf?

@michael blunck: it is working now. I think i did forget to use the ECS town vector first before the cargo vectors are loaded. Or it could have something to do with the new file you just uploaded. But thanks for your help anyway and of course for creating the best trainset available ;)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Fry3k wrote: [...] it is working now. I think i did forget to use the ECS town vector first before the cargo vectors are loaded.
It´s strongly recommended to include the ECS town vector. W/o it, strange things could happen, because I decided to not check for every possible combination of the other ECS vectors. In older versions of ECS you had to include the town vector anyway, meanwhile it´s not more necessary, except when using the DBXL ECS extension. 8)

regards
Michael
verdennis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by verdennis »

Hello!

I'm trying to use FIRS 0.5.2 together with the DB-Set XL V0.82 plus the DB-Set FIRS-Extension in OpenTTD 1.0.4 and OpenTTD r20994 (this version is needed to use FIRS together with TTRS-r23).

The problem is that the DB-Set FIRS-Extension does not run (in neither of both OpenTTD-versions) as you can see in the screenshot below:
db-set-firs.PNG
(401.47 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
What's the problem and how can I make the DB-Set FIRS-Extension run? What is F1 25 00 12?

Thank you for helping me, regards,

verdennis.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

verdennis wrote: I'm trying to use FIRS 0.5.2 together with the DB-Set XL V0.82 plus the DB-Set FIRS-Extension [...]
The problem is that the DB-Set FIRS-Extension does not run [...]
What's the problem and how can I make the DB-Set FIRS-Extension run? What is F1 25 00 12?
See here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=889688#p889688

As FIRS seems to have migrated into a somewhat "stable" phase, I´ll release a new version soon, possibly in the next couple of days.

regards
Michael
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

I´ve released a new version of the DBXL FIRS extension which is compatible to the latest FIRS version (0.5.2). See first post.

regards
Michael
verdennis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by verdennis »

Hello!

Special thanks to mb for the renewed extensioned set, it works fine!

Regards,

verdennis.
Dag
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dag »

Hello

Thank you again for the extension of the DB set to FIRS.

I found a small issue in the cargo capacity. The first covered wagon has a capacity of 15 crates=7 tonnes. As I understand the set it should have 15 tonnes = 30 crates.
Both "rungen wagen" show the same issue. The rest of the set - including the two later closed wagons - works fine.

Regards
Daghar
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Dag wrote: I found a small issue in the cargo capacity. The first covered wagon has a capacity of 15 crates=7 tonnes. As I understand the set it should have 15 tonnes = 30 crates.
Both "rungen wagen" show the same issue. The rest of the set - including the two later closed wagons - works fine.
Yeah, this is due to TTD´s conversion between "goods" (measured in "crates") and those cargoes being measured in "ton(ne)s", i.e. x ton(es) == 2*x crates. This is a very rough scheme (goods, mail, passengers, anything else), but with the advent of even more specific cargoes, it should be turned into something more meaningful with regards to the "unit weight" (spezifisches Gewicht) of any cargo. I.e., you shouldn´t be allowed to cram 15 ton(ne)s of wool into that small van. :cool:

For the extensions, I´ve tried to do without, though.

regards
Michael

Return to “Graphics Releases”