Modular Locomotive Sheds Special Station Set "MLSS" v 0.5.1

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Modular Locomotive Sheds Special Station Set "MLSS" v 0.

Post by CTarana45 »

supermop wrote:Hi,

Sorry, but the newer NML version of MLSS does not yet have the roundhouses. The old NFO version is on bananas though, and it does have the roundhouses along with some bugs. I didn't upload the new version to bananas yet as I didn't feel it was a suitable replacement yet. Coding is a slow and confusing process for me, so I am not sure how to 'fix' this depot grf, or add parameters. However, as I understand it, the depots will retain the appearance of their build date, and not change once the game enters the next style era. However, converting a 19th century depot to electric in the 1960s might cause it to change to the new style. Unsure.

Thanks for your interest!
Thanks, Supermop! I still like the set even without the roundhouses, I'm interested in seeing
where it develops! I like variety on my routes so I generally have a lot of .grf files going at
one time. (As long as they get along!) :D

Thanks!

ChristopherT
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Modular Locomotive Sheds Special Station Set "MLSS" v 0.5.1

Post by acs121 »

Really great thing ! Do you think it'd be possible to make french-style MLSS's like this one ?
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

acs121 wrote:Really great thing ! Do you think it'd be possible to make french-style MLSS's like this one ?

Well I haven't touched the grf in almost 6 years, partly because NML doesn't yet support stations, partly because I'm not sure it's worth doing more work on the concept. Of course just about any style of modern depot could be drawn, but the particular shed you've linked has a curved envelope on the sides and top, which would seriously impinge on its flexibility to be built in the same way as the other MLSS tiles. As a tile-based game, graphics for OpenTTD generally will be more versatile if they maintain some element of rectilinear modularity.

A different station set, with a different aim, could include such a curve-sided station shed, but it would really need to be restricted to explicit track widths per station type.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

You can just make it slightly narrower than 1 or 2 tiles depending on how much track there is, so that a shed doesn't have clipping issues with the other just next to it.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

acs121 wrote:You can just make it slightly narrower than 1 or 2 tiles depending on how much track there is, so that a shed doesn't have clipping issues with the other just next to it.
When you say “you can”, i assume you meant you will be doing that yourself.

I almost get the impression you are running around the forums telling everyone to do stuff for you. At some point you should really just bite the bullet and do it yourself.

I can tell you from experience, noone is going to implement your ideas for you.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I can do sprites, you know. Only thing i don't know is code. But i at least do the sprites. That's all i can do, but at least i can do it !
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

acs121 wrote:I can do sprites, you know. Only thing i don't know is code. But i at least do the sprites. That's all i can do, but at least i can do it !
I can tell you from experience, there's tons of code laying around here for station tiles and depots in NFO code. Take a day or two to go over the documentation, tear apart some code and get into it.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Already tried to, i still don't understand and sometimes code in NML and other times in NFO...

Return to “Graphics Releases”