[OTTD] Monolev Replacement Set [V0.36 / 25/03/10]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] Monolev Replacement Set [V0.36 / 25/03/10]

Post by lawton27 »

A set that adds new Monorail and Maglev trains to the game, designed to be used alongside other major train sets to add further play into the future.
Drawn by Lawton27, Born Acorn, DanMacK and PikkaBird.
Coded by DJ Nekkid and Lawton27.

View the development thread at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47432

Trains:
The 'Express' - Express monorail train, one of the classic original graphics, based from the Las Vegas monorail
Bombardier Z35 - A futuristic monorail which transports passengers, becomes available in 2025.
Bombardier HSML - A futuristic maglev which transports passengers and a small amount of any other express cargo.
Bombardier Single-Car - Another Clasic, this is one of the first Monorails available and is purposefully simple.
Yarmanchuk Express - A monorail based off a prototype built in Russia, although its specifications are greatly changed.
Monorail Shuttle - Another version of The Express Monorail for transport of express cargo.
Pegasus Standard Maglev - A generic maglev for transport of passengers and express cargo.
Trancerapid09 - Based off the latest Trancerapid, the first Maglev available, passengers and express cargo.
Attachments
listpic.png
listpic.png (42.4 KiB) Viewed 14406 times
MRSV037.grf
(49.07 KiB) Downloaded 1237 times
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] Monolev Replacement Set [V0.36 / 25/03/10]

Post by oberhümer »

Am I mistaken, or did you reuse some original graphics?

And also, it is "Transrapid", not "Trancerapid"... or was that intentional?
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

neg wrote:And also, it is "Transrapid", not "Trancerapid"... or was that intentional?
Loool! You made my day :-) Nice thing spotted :-) How do I now get off my mind the image of a ravers only train on those tracks?
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

neg wrote:Am I mistaken, or did you reuse some original graphics?

And also, it is "Transrapid", not "Trancerapid"... or was that intentional?
No, I used the OpenGFX monolev trains, not the original, they are used at the permission of Born Acorn, I gained it a while back when I started work on nmts.

My bad, that's a typo, I'll fix that in the next release.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sweet! I may have to upgrade my current game to Maglevs when it gets that old :-)
openttd_rulez
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by openttd_rulez »

The "TranCErapid 09" could be misspelled due to copyright reasons...

The real tranSrapid 09 is currently undergoing testing and is a licensed product of DB.

One things for sure... Lawton27, in the original topic you said something about Meigs Monorail Train (19th Century) to be added into NMTS. But why is it unavailable in MRS??? The development just stopped in the "Telfersheet/Tokyocar/UTM02" thread without a warning.
Signature last edited by OPENTTD_RULEZ, edited Image times in total.

ImageImage
ImageImage
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

openttd_rulez wrote:The "TranCErapid 09" could be misspelled due to copyright reasons...

The real tranSrapid 09 is currently undergoing testing and is a licensed product of DB.

One things for sure... Lawton27, in the original topic you said something about Meigs Monorail Train (19th Century) to be added into NMTS. But why is it unavailable in MRS??? The development just stopped in the "Telfersheet/Tokyocar/UTM02" thread without a warning.
I removed the Meigs simply because I felt it was not necessary in the set, I never got round to adding the Tokyocar and probably never will unfortunately, unless someone offers considerable more graphics for me to add or suggests a good enough new feature to spark me into action.
mfans
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mfans »

Dear Lawton, I use Monolev with OpenTTD 1.3.2, and I found the Bombardier HSML can't auto renew, how to solve it, thanks.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

mfans wrote:Dear Lawton, I use Monolev with OpenTTD 1.3.2, and I found the Bombardier HSML can't auto renew, how to solve it, thanks.

I'm afraid I don't maintain this any more, not sure why that's not working for you sorry :(
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

lawton27 wrote:I'm afraid I don't maintain this any more, not sure why that's not working for you sorry :(
Would you consider releasing the graphics and NFO/NML source code so that somebody else can pick it up?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

kamnet wrote:
lawton27 wrote:I'm afraid I don't maintain this any more, not sure why that's not working for you sorry :(
Would you consider releasing the graphics and NFO/NML source code so that somebody else can pick it up?
Is it not this: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/nmts ?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Looks like that was the start for this set, no idea what changes lawton made to it, though. I didn't see a license, either, as far as the code or some of the contributed graphics. But looking through a couple of different threads I can see why this set isn't supported anymore. Would be nice to see those graphics re-used in a functional set.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

This was my first step into the new GRF world so what code I do have is poor to be honest. I can have a route around for the original graphics if you want to have a go at remaking this :)

Return to “Graphics Releases”