grfcrawler bug

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

sacsac
Engineer
Engineer

grfcrawler bug

Post by sacsac »

I do not know is it correct place to report bugs about grfcrawler.
But it seems that grfcrawler have some broken links. For example http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/details ... ils&id=338 have links like http://www.simuscape.net/ that points to nowhere for me :(
So I have question. Is grfcrawler provide working links to GRFs or it provide some kind of advertisement to some sites? :roll: So I can post there whatever screenshot and post some broken link to nowhere? Or maybe there some admin that I can contact to ask that question?

Please inform me or direct to right direction :|
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: grfcrawler bug

Post by planetmaker »

That's the way grfcrawler is supposed to work: It's an advertizement platform which can point users to URLs where the respective authors think that people find what they might look for.
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Simuscape is actually a valid link; several grfs are now only available from there. It does require registration though.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

sacsac wrote:...that points to nowhere for me :(
The reason it doesn't point to "nowhere" in your case is due to the ban you received awhile ago. When the ban is lifted you are free to try again!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

sacsac wrote:I do not know is it correct place to report bugs about grfcrawler.
But it seems that grfcrawler have some broken links. For example http://grfcrawler.tt-forums.net/details ... ils&id=338 have links like http://www.simuscape.net/ that points to nowhere for me :(
So I have question. Is grfcrawler provide working links to GRFs or it provide some kind of advertisement to some sites? :roll: So I can post there whatever screenshot and post some broken link to nowhere? Or maybe there some admin that I can contact to ask that question?

It is to provide whatever information the author of the entry wishes to provide. Some choose to provide more details than others.
sacsac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sacsac »

planetmaker wrote:That's the way grfcrawler is supposed to work: It's an advertizement platform which can point users to URLs where the respective authors think that people find what they might look for.
Ah... OK then.
But it is stupid :( It also can point users to 127.0.0.1 or whatever. I mean that there seems no any check for those URLs. So someone can even use it for spam or whatnot.
FLHerne wrote:Simuscape is actually a valid link; several grfs are now only available from there. It does require registration though.
I can not register because sac decided to ban me for some reason I do not understand exactly (The only reason I understand is sac is some kind of selfish dictator :roll: )
SAC wrote:
sacsac wrote:...that points to nowhere for me :(
The reason it doesn't point to "nowhere" in your case is due to the ban you received awhile ago. When the ban is lifted you are free to try again!
Your answer is not helpful at all. You know why :|
kamnet wrote:
sacsac wrote:I do not know is it correct place to report bugs about grfcrawler.

It is to provide whatever information the author of the entry wishes to provide. Some choose to provide more details than others.
OK then.

Thanks to anyone for attention.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Look "sacsac", you can refer to me in whatever manner pleases you, but let me assure you that I wouldn't even consider a ban wasn't it for legitimate reasons. Still, no need to address that issue here on a different forum, but you're not helping yourself on a longterm basis by keeping up with this arguing...

If you want to continue to discuss this matter of you and Simuscape, I'd recommend using proper channels!
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Even if they're illegitimate reasons, so what? Simuscape is SAC's service, she can make up any rules that she wants. Same here, tt-forums is Owen's service, he makes up any rules that he wants. Typically, though, most sites operate on a principle of "don't be a jerk." If you don't like it, feel free to set up your own site and be your own benevolent dictator. Stop whining here, already.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

We just had this discssion in the other thread ad nauseam - locked. Please continue there, if there's further need at all.

Return to “Graphics Releases”