Monorail Infrastructure Conversion SetLatest version: 2.0.0
. Requires OpenTTD 1.2.0. Not compatible with previous versions of MICS.
Available from BaNaNaS
. Search for "Monorail Infrastructure Conv Se".
File comment: Serving Suggestion: Spice up your cities with a helping of MICS (+OpenGFX, av8, LV4, 2cc Train set, NH Foundations, Canadian Station Set, Stolen Trees, ISR)
MICSpreview01.png [ 116.06 KiB | Viewed 17990 times ]
MICS is a set of graphics based on OpenGFX that replaces the monorail tracks, tunnels and depots. The set aims to make monorails look better in urban areas by using a concrete base for the tracks.
File comment: Now with extra snow in Arctic and sand in Subtropical (+ OpenGFX, Stolen Trees)
MICSpreview03b.png [ 182.3 KiB | Viewed 17286 times ]
MICS is available in all climates. In the Arctic climate, tracks above the snowline are edged with snow; in Tropical, desert tracks are edged with sand. On all other tiles the tracks have a concrete base that covers the rest of the tile. This behaviour can be changed by modifying MICS' parameters.
- Provides a new "Urban Monorail" rail type with concrete-based graphics that blend into cities better than the original graphics. It can either replace Monorail, be added as an additional rail type while also modifying Monorail, or added as an additional rail type without modifying Monorail. These options give varying levels of control over how the tracks look.
- Available in all climates
- Large GUI sprites
- Provides 1x, 1.5x and 2x size GUI sprites
- Compatibility with OpenGFX BigGUI 2.0.0
If OpenGFX BigGUI is loaded, the GUI sprite size in MICS is automatically selected based on the parameter setting in OpenGFX BigGUI.
This can be overriden by setting a MICS parameter.
- New graphics for tunnels and depots
- Parameter to enable/disable level crossings
- Parameter to enable/disable fences
MICS 2.0.0 requires OpenTTD 1.2.0 and is available from BaNaNaS.
- Snow on depots
- Fix minor sprite errors
MICS 2.0.0 is not compatible with earlier version of MICS - sorry about that.
Source is here: https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/mics
It would be a good idea to read the readme for an explanation of the effects of each parameter. You can find it ingame via the NewGRF settings screen.
Essentially, if you just want the new graphics on Monorail then leave the parameters at their default values, but if you want to have more choice over the graphics then have a look at the readme. By default, tracks will let the tile underneath show through on arctic and sand tiles, and show a standard concrete base on grass, rainforest and toyland tiles, but if you always want a complete concrete base on arctic or desert tiles, or want the tile to show through on all other tiles, change the value of the third parameter.
MICS 2.0.0 seems to work with NuTracks 1.1.2, NUTS 0.4.7 and Swedish Rails 0.8.0. Please let me know if it doesn't work properly with them or another rail type set.
Note for users of Toyland2Mars and other NewGRFs that change the climate graphics: MICS doesn't know how the climate graphics have been modified so you may need to play with the parameters to get things to look ok.
The following may help for Toyland2Mars:
- Set "Tunnel graphics" to "Always show sand graphics"
- Then either of the following:
- If you only want sandy tracks, set "Rail type behaviour" to either "Convert Monorail to Urban Monorail" or "Add Urban Monorail but do not modify Monorail", and Set "Urban Monorail: Track ground graphics" to "Always show tile underneath track".
- If you only want fully concrete-based tracks, set "Rail type behaviour" to either "Convert Monorail to Urban Monorail" or "Add Urban Monorail but do not modify Monorail", and set "Urban Monorail: Track ground graphics" to "Always show standard concrete base" or leave it at its default setting.
- If you want to be able to build both sandy tracks and fully concrete-based tracks, set "Rail type behaviour" to "Modify Monorail and add Urban Monorail" and set "Urban Monorail: Track ground graphics" to "Always show standard concrete base" or leave it at its default setting.