NuTracks - Release Thread :)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NuTracks - Release Thread :)

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Yes, certainly, the cheapest tracks should be dirty cheap, something like 30£ for standard, and 100£ for electric 80kmh rails. for the 125kmh variant is it aprox 100£/350£ for std and electric...
at 180kmh does it start to cost abit, 350 and 1000£, with 1000/3500£ for 230kmh, and 7000 for unlimited.

If you have other things that influence the trackprice, please tell me, so i can set them as incompatible. If i could guess, is it probably something that influence the maglev track price, so perhaps some maglev trackset or something?
Member of the
ImageImage
Arie-
Director
Director

Post by Arie- »

My guess is he changed newgrf's during a game.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Arie- wrote:My guess is he changed newgrf's during a game.
As usually is the case. :mrgreen:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I'd resort to "savegame or no answer" in all of these cases :-) - unless you of course have a much better crystal ball than I do ;-)
gamelog will then tell you if and if so, how much was messed with the savegame.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

planetmaker wrote:I'd resort to "savegame or no answer" in all of these cases
Maybe it's a thing to introduce as a forum rule. I agree, there were just too many same NewGRF-tampering problems and sooooo many warnings and answers. It's getting tiresome.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Newest version is

NuTracks 1.1.1

Changes:
- Level crossings are supported (different for low/very low/medium speed tracks and
before 1950)
- Low speed tracks are more distinct from medium and very low speed tracks
- Very low speed track graphics were reverted to those of earlier nightlies
- Very high speed track graphics are slightly adjusted

For NuTracks 1.1.0, see here. Get it from the usual place.
Attachments
Old level crossings at the left, new ones at the right.
Old level crossings at the left, new ones at the right.
Drondinghall Transport, 2. Jan 1960#1.png (21.49 KiB) Viewed 754 times
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

This is looking good! I am, however, slightly confused over how the 3rd rail and everything works... I put 2cc 2.0.0-beta4.1 with Nutracks 1.0.1 and the first parameter set to autodetect - I see no metro tracks, only everything with and without cantenary. This is in OTTD 1.1.0
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I believe you need to use a nightly version of the 2cc set to make it work.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Wasila
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wasila »

I believe you need to use a nightly version of the 2cc set to make it work.
Checked the website/forum thread but I couldn't find it. Link please?
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Yep, latest releases are somewhat screwed up regarding the newest NuTracks. To make it work properly you need minimal 2cc nightly r743 (IIRC), but I suggest you use r750.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Now released:

NuTracks 1.1.2
Changes:
- Track alignment fixed
- No more lines at edge of ballast
- Custom fences added for all new track types
- Graphics of "track planning" type changed to an empty track bed so that they actually look like something

It'll take a long time until the next release, check the current plans if you want to know why.

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I wonder if its just me who is experiencing problems with track planning in that no placement icon shows up at all when trying to lay it.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Yes if you're using 1.1.2.

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Yes im using 1.1.2. And there is no icon for laying track planning. Is that a known bug?

Also when run with UKRS2, (havent checked other newgrfs or power types), Steam trains can run along the planning track.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Leanden wrote:Also when run with UKRS2, (havent checked other newgrfs or power types), Steam trains can run along the planning track.
I tried it with the Dutch Train Set and they turn around when they arrive at the planning track. The train purchase window for the planning tracks is also empty.

On the new planning tracks: Look nice, although not very visible when building in pause mode or 2 diagonals merging to 1 horizontal (if you take horizontal the straight parts from opposite edges of the square). I took your screenshot to show what I meant with my second comment. For the fact it is not very visible when building in pause mode, maybe make the green line a bit thicker.
Attachments
Modified screenshot
Modified screenshot
Ginnpool Bridge Transport, 1. Mai 2000.png (177.14 KiB) Viewed 755 times
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

oberhümer wrote:It'll take a long time until the next release, check the current plans if you want to know why.
I don't suppose you can go straight to 1.3.0 ? :P
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I just don't want any more bother with NFO for bigger things, so call that a no.

Anyway, in 1.1.2, track planning should use the same icons as the other types - a screenshot would help.

Zajc3w
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zajc3w »

Hi. I'm looking through this topic and i can't find info about certain tracks speeds relase dates.

I'm playing game from 1830, i'ts now 1872 i have 4 engines with top speeds over 80 kmh(2 since 1850's) and no tracks other than 80 kmh.
Attachments
Chenfingwell Transport, 26-12-1872.sav
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Zajc3w wrote:Hi. I'm looking through this topic and i can't find info about certain tracks speeds relase dates.

I'm playing game from 1830, i'ts now 1872 i have 4 engines with top speeds over 80 kmh(2 since 1850's) and no tracks other than 80 kmh.
Around 1900 the next track will become available, when the first 125 km/h+ engine becomes available.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “Graphics Releases”