NuTracks - Release Thread :)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NuTracks - Release Thread :)

Post by DJ Nekkid »

thats some buggies indeed. It looks like the 'Very slow' 3rd rail, and 3rd rail with catenary dont show up, and thus wont the engines show up either. Needs further invenstigation :D
Member of the
ImageImage
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

DJ Nekkid wrote:thats some buggies indeed. It looks like the 'Very slow' 3rd rail, and 3rd rail with catenary dont show up, and thus wont the engines show up either. Needs further invenstigation :D
Theese buggies should now be ironed out, and Beta6 is now on BaNaNaS
Member of the
ImageImage
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Problem solved... there are now no third rail tracks at all in the rail type list if I set the track set to "with third rail". Everything else I talked about is still there.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Junafani
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Junafani »

3rd rail railset works with UKRS2 fine. Except JB switches only to 3rd rail when using very slow 3rd rail, but I think that is incompability problem and not a bug in NuTracks as EMUs work correctly.
But what about stations with 3rd rail lines and catenary lines meeting? Is 3rd rail with catenary planned to next version?

edit: Looks like 3rd rail with catenary is there, but only if you have engine that uses both. Is it possible to introduce them even if there is no dual powered trains?
leaderfrontier
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by leaderfrontier »

Again,sorry If I made a mistake here and my poor English grammar.
Well,I have a question:

From the picture,when come to "interchange" of Low Speed rail(125km/h) and Very High Speed Rail(unlimit),it seem like a bit unrealistic ~~
So,what should I do?

Thanks for a look.
A smile everyday,keep fortune around.
Smile your life before sadness come. :D
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

In order to answer your question a few possible answers:
- ask yourself what realistic is and means
- ask yourself what level of realism you expect
- tell us what you like to see and where you see something unrealistic
- use other track combinations
- don't build junctions where those track combinations meet.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

You're asking too much if you want my opinion. There are too many combinations possible to cover them all.

EDIT: And if it not too much to ask, use the dev topic...
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47347
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Given that a tile has a side length of several 100s kilometers the change of the underlay is by no means abrupt... ;-)
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Junafani wrote:3rd rail railset works with UKRS2 fine. Except JB switches only to 3rd rail when using very slow 3rd rail, but I think that is incompability problem and not a bug in NuTracks as EMUs work correctly.
But what about stations with 3rd rail lines and catenary lines meeting? Is 3rd rail with catenary planned to next version?

edit: Looks like 3rd rail with catenary is there, but only if you have engine that uses both. Is it possible to introduce them even if there is no dual powered trains?
And again; i will have to look into that. I thought that were current behavior?
Member of the
ImageImage
leaderfrontier
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by leaderfrontier »

planetmaker wrote:In order to answer your question a few possible answers:
- ask yourself what realistic is and means
- ask yourself what level of realism you expect
- tell us what you like to see and where you see something unrealistic
- use other track combinations
- don't build junctions where those track combinations meet.
O,okay~
Anyway,I guess you might misunderstand what I refer to. :)
I'm sorry,I wasn't mean the track unrealistic,the track is awesome.
I mean when come to interchange:
I wasn't complain about bug nor problem,but I'm here to get some opinion from you all~ :D
Voyager One wrote:You're asking too much if you want my opinion. There are too many combinations possible to cover them all.

EDIT: And if it not too much to ask, use the dev topic...
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47347
Thanks,yes,if I have more question,I will use the dev topic after this time.
A smile everyday,keep fortune around.
Smile your life before sadness come. :D
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Leon

Image Image Image Image
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

As there were no new bugreports in a while, i assume all of them are gone, as the couple of last ones were fixed. This reason i uploaded 1.0.0 on Bananas just now :D

Get it while its hot :D
Member of the
ImageImage
a.locritani
Engineer
Engineer

Post by a.locritani »

Hi DJ Nekkid,
very nice job and it's good this grf reached v1.0
Just a couple of report and questions:
It seems that level crossings' lights are missing for everything except standard (low speed) tracks.
now, question about introduction dates: how are there managed? Does a new track type appear when at least one engine able to reach track speed appears? Or does it appear at fixed date? and in case of fixed dates, which these dates are?
Regarding electrified lines, do they appear as soon as an electric engine appears?
At the moment it seems a bit strange that in 1930 you can have very low, low and medium speed not electrified tracks and very low, low but not medium speed electrified tracks. without any further grf, also, no electric train is there at 1930, so electrified tracks should not appear.

Thanks for you work!
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

WRT level crossings:
This have been a very low priority of mine, but they might come in a future update, and as the low/125kmh tracks use the default gfx, then the levelcrossing gfx is in place.

WRT the introduction of the different speeds and such:
It is really a combination. If you have loaded a trainset that is 'compatible' with NuTracks, then the requiered (speed/electric wise) railtype will be introduced at the first time a certain speed engine comes. Currently this is (afaik) only the 2cc trainset (and there you need a recent nightly, r730 or so or higher)
Otherwise do the different tracks come as the years go by. I do not remember the exact dates out of the top of my head, but it is something like this:
VLS std tracks have no intro-date, and is introduced when the first engine is introduced
VLS electric tracks have no introdate, and is isntroduced when the first electric engine is introduced
LS std tracks is introduced at year 1900 if VLS is already there
LS electric tracks is introduced at year 1925 if VLS eltracks are already there
MS std tracks come in 1930 if there already are VLS tracks
MS electric tracks is introduced at year 1950 if VLS eltracks are already there
HS std tracks is introduced at year 1960 if VLS tracks are already there
HS electric tracks is introduced at year 1975 if VLS eltracks are already there
VHS (electric tracks) is introduced at year 1990 if VLS eltracks are already there
Mono/maglev/metro come at the first sight of a mono/maglev engine
Planning tracks come in year 0
the 3rd rail and 3rd rail variants come at the same year as the 'normal' electric tracks, but only if there are 3rd rail vehicle available

And again: note that if a 'compatible' trainset is loaded, the tracks come out either at the mentioned date, or if a vehicle that 'needs' a certain tracktype is introduced

Hope this were 'clear' enough?
Member of the
ImageImage
a.locritani
Engineer
Engineer

Post by a.locritani »

Thanks a lot!
DJ Nekkid wrote: VLS std tracks have no intro-date, and is introduced when the first engine is introduced
VLS electric tracks have no introdate, and is isntroduced when the first electric engine is introduced
It don't seem to happen with standard (no-newgrf) engines: for example, in 1930 VLS electric tracks are there but no electric engines.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Sorry for bumping in...

AFAIK, some sets are still incompatible with NuTracks and maybe it's the same problem with default trains. I'm not absolutely sure but I suspect this is the issue here.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

a.locritani wrote:Thanks a lot!
DJ Nekkid wrote: VLS std tracks have no intro-date, and is introduced when the first engine is introduced
It don't seem to happen with standard (no-newgrf) engines: for example, in 1930 VLS electric tracks are there but no electric engines.
Hmm, you seem to have hit something here :D Imho its nothing serious, but its noted, and i might have to take a look on how how the set behaves with i.e. the default tracks more thorouh, as most of my tests have been with the 2cc-set, as its intended as a 2ccset addon, but ofcourse compatible with basicly everything else as well.

Anyway, something for 1.0.1, but im gonna wait abit more with that, as its nothing serious, and i see no reason to add 1.0.1 the day after 1.0.0 :D
Member of the
ImageImage
a.locritani
Engineer
Engineer

Post by a.locritani »

Hi,
I was playing around with nutracks,metro track set and 2cc trainset and I found that if setting nutracks's first parameter as "with 3rd rail" everything works but I have something to show you.
metro track graphics (with yellow "stripe") only appears for VLST.
For LST and up a standard electric rail appears as graphic.
A strange thing is that medium speed track for 3rd rails only exists as "without catenary" (why?) but the construction toolbar shows it with catenary.

at the end, a general question:
Using nutracks with 2cctrainset beta5 (still not out,I think) should I be able to use nutracks without metrotrackset keeping the metro system working?
and would onlymetro trains be able to run on metro tracks? I suppose this depend on how trains are coded...
TGVfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TGVfan »

It does look impressive, but I still can't manage the price settings.

Even the cheapest track type costs me a few thousand Euro per tile (and I did changed it to 1/4th of the default price)

Any suggestions?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

TGVfan wrote:It does look impressive, but I still can't manage the price settings.

Even the cheapest track type costs me a few thousand Euro per tile (and I did changed it to 1/4th of the default price)

Any suggestions?
Are you using other NewGRF's that modify costs? Have you modified them during a game? What is the difficulty setting for construction costs? What year is your game and is inflation on?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML

Return to “Graphics Releases”