[OTTD] Trains Of Europe - Generic (Deprecated)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Generic European Train Set (GES) Release Thread

Post by Purno »

Emperor Jake wrote:
Purno wrote:Who drew these trains?
Ummmm... I did?
(Thought that might have been obvious :? )

I swear, I did it all myself! I didn't steal any one else's sprites! Don't sue me ;(
Odd, some artwork in this image posted at the begin of this topic looks quite familiar, and when zoomed in I spot some familiar drawing styles.

Did you draw all these stuff from scratch?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Purno wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:
Purno wrote:Who drew these trains?
Ummmm... I did?
(Thought that might have been obvious :? )

I swear, I did it all myself! I didn't steal any one else's sprites! Don't sue me ;(
Odd, some artwork in this image posted at the begin of this topic looks quite familiar, and when zoomed in I spot some familiar drawing styles.

Did you draw all these stuff from scratch?
Yes, I did draw them all myself.
Of course, I looked at other sprites for inspiration as well. To what or whose familiar drawing styles are you referring, if I may ask?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Emperor Jake wrote:To what or whose familiar drawing styles are you referring, if I may ask?
Mine.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

Purno wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:To what or whose familiar drawing styles are you referring, if I may ask?
Mine.
I think many things will clear-up if you post an image of the sprites you are refering Purno (i mean yours)...
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Sensation Lover wrote:
Purno wrote:
Mine.
I think many things will clear-up if you post an image of the sprites you are refering Purno (i mean yours)...
I'd wanted to hear Emperor's Jake full story before any accusations would be done, but well...
Re460 - mine vs. his. (too bad I don't have my old unshaded version anymore)
my DR12 vs. his AA12
my Class 66 vs. his JT42CWR
There's a few others looking familiar but can't find the matching graphic with. Apart from the passenger and mail coaches which look very similar to the ones I drew for the 2cc set.
Image Image
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

This is only my opinion!!!

Well, yes, the drawings look very similary, but isn't that normal? because it's about the same engines. I don't think Jake copied and past your drawings. if you look at the other engines to, you can see he's preatty good... If i decide to make a set like this one, i'll search the forum to see if there are already drawings of the engines that i want to drow. just to have some inspiration, to keep up with the scale. And buddy, if i studied your drawing lessons, is very probably that my graphics looks almost like yours. You are the teacher :) .

I repeat... only my opinion.
I'm neutral in this.
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Sensation Lover wrote:Well, yes, the drawings look very similary, but isn't that normal? because it's about the same engines. I don't think Jake copied and past your drawings. if you look at the other engines to, you can see he's preatty good... If i decide to make a set like this one, i'll search the forum to see if there are already drawings of the engines that i want to drow. just to have some inspiration, to keep up with the scale. And buddy, if i studied your drawing lessons, is very probably that my graphics looks almost like yours. You are the teacher :) .
Which is why I want to hear his complete story.
Image Image
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Purno wrote:Re460 - mine vs. his. (too bad I don't have my old unshaded version anymore)
my DR12 vs. his AA12
If those are your 'evidence' I'd say you just lost the case. You don't have a copyright on the form of the engine, or the colors of the livery - those are pretty much decided by the prototype. As for the layout of the pixels everyone can look at them and come to the conclusion "not borrowed".

Left: Jake Right: Purno
Attachments
Ex15.png
Ex15.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 6087 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

AndersI wrote: If those are your 'evidence' I'd say you just lost the case.
There's no case, Anders.
Image Image
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

OK... Here is my "complete story"

I did not steal or copy sprites off anyone. I know perfectly well that this is not tolerated, and as I am an honest person I would not do such a thing. My sprites are all drawn completely by myself, and it is a pure coincidence that mine and Purno's drawing style are similar. After all, he's the one who made the drawing tutorials.
IMHO, the comparison of sprites above does not look nearly similar enough to be copied in any way. The DR12 and the NoHAB aren't even the same locomotive.

Regards,
Jake
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Emperor Jake wrote:
Wasila wrote:Pics please?
(edit: updated vehicle list)
vehlist.png
Boah. I only saw it really now. Those trains look quite awesome :-) I wonder... why haven't I found it so far on bananas? I surely would like to see a game on our servers played with that trainset :-) - yes, also if it's "only" a development version.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Emperor Jake wrote:OK... Here is my "complete story"

I did not steal or copy sprites off anyone. I know perfectly well that this is not tolerated, and as I am an honest person I would not do such a thing. My sprites are all drawn completely by myself, and it is a pure coincidence that mine and Purno's drawing style are similar. After all, he's the one who made the drawing tutorials.
IMHO, the comparison of sprites above does not look nearly similar enough to be copied in any way. The DR12 and the NoHAB aren't even the same locomotive.

Regards,
Jake
Well, that's clear then. Thanks :)
Image Image
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

planetmaker wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:
Wasila wrote:Pics please?
(edit: updated vehicle list)
vehlist.png
Boah. I only saw it really now. Those trains look quite awesome :-) I wonder... why haven't I found it so far on bananas? I surely would like to see a game on our servers played with that trainset :-) - yes, also if it's "only" a development version.
I hadn't planned to put it on bananas until i had a more complete version, but since this set is playable (apart from freight cars) here you go. Enjoy :)

Thanks,
Jake
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

AndersI wrote:
Purno wrote:Re460 - mine vs. his. (too bad I don't have my old unshaded version anymore)
my DR12 vs. his AA12
If those are your 'evidence' I'd say you just lost the case. You don't have a copyright on the form of the engine, or the colors of the livery - those are pretty much decided by the prototype. As for the layout of the pixels everyone can look at them and come to the conclusion "not borrowed".

Left: Jake Right: Purno

learly to see that purno has more eye for different details where jake is more on the overall look

but anyway no point in discussing, we're all friends and lets just get some epic set together
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:learly to see that purno has more eye for different details where jake is more on the overall look
It took me years of practice to get to that quality. The 2cc set includes a lot of my latest work, including redone versions of older work with less quality. If you'd look up some of my earlier work, it's not that epic ;)
Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Emperor Jake wrote:I hadn't planned to put it on bananas until i had a more complete version, but since this set is playable (apart from freight cars) here you go. Enjoy :)
Cool, thanks. I shall give it a try this weekend :-)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

For frieght you could either use Old Wagons New Cargo's, or Emperor Jake could enable the default freight cars
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Benbe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Benbe »

Here's a photo of one of the three "Pink Floyd" locomotives that came to Hungary from the UK:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 296&nseq=3

There are also many German, Czech and Romanian locomotives running in Hungary.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

NekoMaster wrote:For frieght you could either use Old Wagons New Cargo's, or Emperor Jake could enable the default freight cars
Some of the default freight cars are already taken up by vehicles. I have already arranged the IDs for future vehicles and the freight set.
Benbe wrote:Here's a photo of one of the three "Pink Floyd" locomotives that came to Hungary from the UK:
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 296&nseq=3

There are also many German, Czech and Romanian locomotives running in Hungary.
Wow, you can really see the difference in loading gauge in that picture. Look how far the diesel's cab sticks above the Class 86's roof! :shock: That's one of the reasons Pikka is making Project 1000.
That's one of the advantages of this set, IMO. The locomotives I include tend to be types used in many countries around Europe; the modern EuroSprinters, the NoHAB(aka M61), the M62, the Kriegslokomotive, and the Prussian G10 are all perfect examples of this, and were (or are) used in Hungary.

By the way, what do you think about the car transporter? I had to include it because AFAIK there is no other car transporter for long-distance auto-trains (Autoreisezüge) as opposed to new cars as freight. (although the freight car set will include auto transporters)

Thanks,
Jake

P.S. I was surprised at how many downloads I got after putting the set on Bananas :shock:
It was 416 at the time of writing. See http://bananas.openttd.org/en/ for the latest number.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Hmm... I wonder whats going on with this set since its been awhile since it was updated
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Graphics Releases”