[UNIV] Spain set & High speed tracks

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] Spain set & High speed tracks

Post by maquinista »

paya wrote:Hi, I just wanted to ask/make sure I am not doing something wrong but right now I can see Velaros only in the maglev depot, is that how it's meant to be? Because Velaros travel on electrified high-speed rail track IRL, don't they?
There is a GRF file wich replaces the maglev tracks with high speed tracks:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=800001#p800001

The reason is that the gauge is different. Most of the railways of Spain are built in Iberian gauge, but High speed tracks are UIC.
Some trains can change the gauge "on the fly", It could be coded with tracktypes, but I don't know how I can force a reduction of the speed if the train is between two different gauges.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

maquinista wrote:
paya wrote:Hi, I just wanted to ask/make sure I am not doing something wrong but right now I can see Velaros only in the maglev depot, is that how it's meant to be? Because Velaros travel on electrified high-speed rail track IRL, don't they?
There is a GRF file wich replaces the maglev tracks with high speed tracks:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=800001#p800001

The reason is that the gauge is different. Most of the railways of Spain are built in Iberian gauge, but High speed tracks are UIC.
Some trains can change the gauge "on the fly", It could be coded with tracktypes, but I don't know how I can force a reduction of the speed if the train is between two different gauges.
Take a look at the Dutch Train Set, it does that for the power of some modern trains. It basically boils down to a switchblock in which the current tracklabel is considered, and then a value is given for the power (or in your case speed).
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Alvia S-730
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Alvia S-730 »

Could you create Alvia S-130 or S-730?

Somebody could help my?
Its possible to change from electric gauge to high speed gauge like in reality?

Return to “Graphics Releases”