FISH is Ships! - v0.9.2 released 31 July [OTTD]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FISH is Ships! - v0.9.2 released 31 July [OTTD]

Post by Emperor Jake »

Quast65 wrote: Is it maybe possible to make a version with normal colored hulls (greytoned or black) and not companycolored hulls? That way the ships would look even better in my opinion.
That would be a very simple task using recolour sprites. Using these, there would be no need to manually edit any sprites as the code would do it for you. :wink:

The UKRS2's real liveries, plus a few other sets, are also done using this method.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

thnx! Never knew it was possible to change the cc-colors of vehicles seperately :oops: This game never ceases to amaze me :D
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
hydrosqueegee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hydrosqueegee »

love the set, been using it for a while now. is there any chance that a lovely old school canal boat will be made for the late 1700's early 1800's time frame? Id love to have a canal company and transition it to trains.
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CTarana45 »

hydrosqueegee wrote:love the set, been using it for a while now. is there any chance that a lovely old school canal boat will be made for the late 1700's early 1800's time frame? Id love to have a canal company and transition it to trains.
US Canal Boats, AKA Erie Canal? Or the European ones I've seen before? Being a Native New Yorker
those boats would have some appeal! Personally I like both! :D 8)

Thanks, Hydrosqueegee!

ChristopherT
hydrosqueegee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hydrosqueegee »

US canal boats would be ideal! the bigger ones in the later half of the 1800's could load up to 240 tons!

the only problem would be their extremely low speed and cargo payment decay rates. youd probably need a grf that modifies the decay to almost nothing for bulk non perrishables. moving at a whopping 4mph for an early canal boat would take a while to get anything places.
damerell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by damerell »

hydrosqueegee wrote:the only problem would be their extremely low speed and cargo payment decay rates. youd probably need a grf that modifies the decay to almost nothing for bulk non perrishables. moving at a whopping 4mph for an early canal boat would take a while to get anything places.
I've found this to be an issue already for very early play with the Sailing Ships grf, and to a degree with eGRVTS horse transport. I think the answer is for cargo decay rates to reflect the maximum speed of vehicles available, but that is a hard problem.
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

Is FISH 2 Alpha 3 (the latest on the BaNaNaS) compatible with 1.2.3-RC1?
bjgttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bjgttd »

andythenorth wrote:
bjgttd wrote:Is FISH 2 Alpha 3 (the latest on the BaNaNaS) compatible with 1.2.3-RC1?
I don't know :) Test it and see ;)
The "Online Content" doesn't show it. Downloaded manually (from BaNaNaS) - a random generated game (2050) is showing available ships, but I can't tell if it's playable (starting at 1700 and it will take a while to get FISH ships).
tron2121
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tron2121 »

It's not working for me :( im on 1.2.3 of OpenTTD please help! :(
damerell
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by damerell »

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html is something that may be interesting to read.
bloodlust
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bloodlust »

Hi i'm newbie
i'm on OTTD 1.3.1 i added FIRS industry replacement set 1.2.0 , ECS&FIRS original vehicle set , FISH 0.9.2
But all my vehicle&ship not carry any new cargo in FIRS content
i miss something ?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Did you possibly miss the refit button in the depots? You might need to refit the vehicles to the proper cargo before they transport what you want.

Alternatively use OpenGFX+ Trains. It allows automatic refit in stations for certain cargo classes (like all bulk cargos in the bulk hopper) - but that still needs an autorefit order, or that won't help either. And for the very first pickup you need to query the correct cargo, thus in the depot you need to initially refit it to the desired cargo anyway.
bloodlust
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bloodlust »

planetmaker wrote:Did you possibly miss the refit button in the depots? You might need to refit the vehicles to the proper cargo before they transport what you want.

Alternatively use OpenGFX+ Trains. It allows automatic refit in stations for certain cargo classes (like all bulk cargos in the bulk hopper) - but that still needs an autorefit order, or that won't help either. And for the very first pickup you need to query the correct cargo, thus in the depot you need to initially refit it to the desired cargo anyway.
:cry:
i used truck and trains it can pick up coal or oil
but for new FIRS cargo like clay i tried every cargo vans
it still not work
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

bloodlust wrote:
planetmaker wrote:Did you possibly miss the refit button in the depots? You might need to refit the vehicles to the proper cargo before they transport what you want.

:cry:
i used truck and trains it can pick up coal or oil
but for new FIRS cargo like clay i tried every cargo vans
it still not work
They are refittable for me with the NewGRFs you mentioned... see the vehicle description. If you want anything than the vehicle's default cargo you NEED to refit it to what you need. Read also up on how to refit vehicles: http://wiki.openttd.org/Refit
Attachments
refittable_wagons.png
refittable_wagons.png (53.9 KiB) Viewed 4221 times
test.sav
test savegame
(162.59 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
bloodlust
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bloodlust »

Ok it Working :P
because i dont know how to refit :bow:
many thank :mrgreen:
Little0smit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Little0smit »

First off, Love all the ships Andy, looks great. :D :D Defiantly the best one I've seen.
Other question is whether or not this is still being worked on and are you taking a break or has the project been dumped?
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

andythenorth rarely draw anymore, mostly he uses other people's graphics. He just maintain the code.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。

Return to “Graphics Releases”