Transport Tycoon Forums
https://www.tt-forums.net/

FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.3 released 15th January 2018
https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=44177
Page 73 of 75

Author:  andythenorth [ Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

brickie wrote:
Possibly a dumb question, but is there a placement guide for Industries?


Not dumb, no there isn't, and it is a pain in the arse. :)

Notably all the industries that build on coasts can be hard to build. There is usually at least one for each compass direction, but they require specific coast shapes. It could do with a fix, probably in docs, but I'm not likely to pick it up right now :)

Author:  NekoMaster [ Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

It would be nice if someone where to fix the coastal industries or document how they should be placed as I keep generating maps that are missing some important coastal industry like bulk or liquid terminals.

If anything the terminals should be able to build on a section of strait coastline as wide as the industry is.

Author:  wallyweb [ Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

andythenorth wrote:
Not dumb, no there isn't, and it is a pain in the arse. :)

Notably all the industries that build on coasts can be hard to build. There is usually at least one for each compass direction, but they require specific coast shapes. It could do with a fix, probably in docs, but I'm not likely to pick it up right now :)

Confucius wrote:
Best cure for pain-in-arse is to stop sitting on source of pain. :mrgreen:


A few years ago I had the distinct pleasure of assisting George with just this aspect of his ECS wiki. I'm an old fart now and life's pleasures are much more difficult to fulfill. Perhaps one of our young energetic tt-forums members could assist Andy with this worthy project. 8)

Author:  Scanz [ Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Hi guys!
Here is my trouble, but may be its not.
so.
my rack stay on station and waiting for load.
Factory say "33 000 chemicals produced by last month'
But track loaded only 22 000.

Factory say "6 pc Equipment produced.
track loaded 4.

where is a key ?

Author:  leifbk [ Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Scanz wrote:
Factory say "33 000 chemicals produced by last month'
But track loaded only 22 000.

Factory say "6 pc Equipment produced.
track loaded 4.

where is a key ?

67 % load is pretty normal behaviour. It will always be the same percentage as the station rating. This has nothing to do with FIRS, it's just normal game mechanics.

Author:  khamseen [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

This is likely a dumb question, but I just want to confirm before I get too far into a game and realise I need to start over.
If I set "Temperate Basic" in the GRF settings, does that mean that industry will be used regardless of what map type I'm using? Like I'll get temperate industries on my arctic or mars maps?

Author:  andythenorth [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

khamseen wrote:
If I set "Temperate Basic" in the GRF settings, does that mean that industry will be used regardless of what map type I'm using? Like I'll get temperate industries on my arctic or mars maps?

Yes. ;)

Author:  khamseen [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

andythenorth wrote:
khamseen wrote:
If I set "Temperate Basic" in the GRF settings, does that mean that industry will be used regardless of what map type I'm using? Like I'll get temperate industries on my arctic or mars maps?

Yes. ;)


Thanks for confirming! :)
Wanted to start a new game with a different array of grfs but didn't want to get thirty years in to realise I'd messed up.

Author:  andythenorth [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

To be precise, with Temperate Basic, you'd get these industries and cargos ;) http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/pus ... rate_basic

Author:  khamseen [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

andythenorth wrote:
To be precise, with Temperate Basic, you'd get these industries and cargos ;) http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/pus ... rate_basic


Ah nice, thanks. I somehow missed the flowcharts for each economy on the website! Think I may actually got for the Hot Country economy, looks interesting. :)

Author:  andythenorth [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Gave the wrong link :oops: The docs I linked include unreleased stuff (coming later in 2017) :) .

Here's the version 2.1.5 docs http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... omies.html

Author:  khamseen [ Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Haha, thanks again. Good to see you've still got some future updates planned. Most of the older industry grfs I used to play are a long time dead and started to feel repetitive.

Author:  khamseen [ Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Sorry to be a pain but I've got a question about the petrol stations. I went ahead with the Hot Country economy and the town I've started in has three petrol stations and when I click info for them they show as accepting passengers, goods, and petroleum. Yet no matter what type of station I build near them the station only accepts mail and goods. Is there a start date for them to accept petroleum or is it a bug/possible conflict?


Edit: Never mind, turns out I was being a little thick. It's just that the tooltip about cargo was also applying to the Total Town Replacement petrol station details even though it doesn't actually accept petroleum. I found a petrol station from FIRS itself and it will accept it fine.

Author:  Pyoro [ Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Yes, that can be a bit ... disappointing? JapanSet had petrol stations, too, but they don't accept FIRS cargoes either. It's something the town sets have to handle as far as I'm aware, though.

Author:  NekoMaster [ Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Pretty sure TTRS petrol stations are designed to take fuel/gas/petrol from ECS and FIRS, I mean most GRF's should have New Cargo support and thus work with Industry/Cargo sets that use similar cargos.

Author:  khamseen [ Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

NekoMaster wrote:
Pretty sure TTRS petrol stations are designed to take fuel/gas/petrol from ECS and FIRS, I mean most GRF's should have New Cargo support and thus work with Industry/Cargo sets that use similar cargos.


Like I said, they do show that they accept those items when you get the detailed info on them. But building a station next to them only accepts mail and goods. Maybe it's a load order thing? I might try some alternate orders later with just those two grfs loaded to see if I can get it working.

Author:  NekoMaster [ Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Its possible that if theres only a single TTRS petrol station in the catchment area, that won't be enough to accept Petrol/Fuel. If I remember you need a handful of buildings in the catchment area that accept a certain cargo to take them.

For example, if theres only one house in the catchment area of a truck station that accepts food, then that won't be good enough, I think you need at least 2-3 buildings that accept food before it can be "Accepted" at the truck stop.

If theres only on petrol station in your catchment area, that could explain it.

Author:  Pyoro [ Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Just checked with TTRS 3.14 and I think you're right. They accept 6/8th petrol so you need at least two to get a station to accept it. Bit of an odd choice, to be honest. Kinda get it with wares and such, but it's not like you want petrol stations bunched up somewhere ^^;

Author:  NekoMaster [ Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Pyoro wrote:
Just checked with TTRS 3.14 and I think you're right. They accept 6/8th petrol so you need at least two to get a station to accept it. Bit of an odd choice, to be honest. Kinda get it with wares and such, but it's not like you want petrol stations bunched up somewhere ^^;


I would agree, its not like every city has gas stations at every corner, though its not uncommon to see major intersections with a bunch of gas stations. Many a time I've seen multiple stations on their own corner of a busy intersection, especially in area's near highway off ramps, regional roads intersecting a major road, and in major shopping/business area's

Author:  khamseen [ Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Ah woops yeah, totally wasn't paying attention to that part of the details. Just assumed petrol stations would work with just one but, right enough, now that more are opening in my town inside catchment areas of my depots they're all starting to accept it.

Page 73 of 75 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2018 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2018.