FIRS Industry Replacement Set - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.10 released 1st July 2018

Post by Sensation Lover »

Hello,

FIRSt of all I would like to thank you for this set. It is a really nice work!

It has been a while I didn't play Ottd and now that I've started, I had encountered a small bug. Sorry if it was already reported, but I couldn't found any sollutions.
I'm playing Europe v1.0 scenario. I edited it deleting all the (default) industries for using FIRS, but i found out that a couple of FIRS industries are having some graphic issues and I can't understand why.
I've attached some pics and the scn.

thank you.
Attachments
bug.PNG
The graphic issue bug. Left is Iron ore mine and Right is Oil Raffinery.
(334.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The scenario that I've download and edited.
The scenario that I've download and edited.
scn.PNG (32.79 KiB) Viewed 12067 times
EU_noIndustries.scn
The edited scn.
(4.5 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Changing graphics is generally not recommended....viewtopic.php?f=29&t=53881&start=40
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Sensation Lover wrote:I edited it deleting all the (default) industries for using FIRS, but i found out that a couple of FIRS industries are having some graphic issues and I can't understand why.
Once a scenario is created, you cannot change the industries without corrupting the scenario, which is what ha happened in your case. Your only solution is to export the heightmap and re-create the scenario from scratch, loading all the NewGRFs you want to include first before starting the scenario editor and importing the heightmap.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Not just a kosher solution, but a more functional one is to start the game from the scenario and simply add FIRS .... Look, it also makes trouble. But you do not destroy the scenario :) I do not recommend changing the older FIRS for a new one, just making a mess and making it unplayable. The only truly functional solution is that written by Kamnet ....
Sensation Lover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sensation Lover »

I've taken notes... thank you guys!
I was in:
Austria,Belgium,Brazil,China,France,Germany,Hungary,Indonesia,Italy,Luxemburg,Malaysia,Mexico,Netherlands,Norway,Panamà,Poland,Romania,
Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Slovenia,Spain,Switzerland,Thailand,U.K.,Ukraine,U.S.A.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Sensation Lover wrote:I've taken notes... thank you guys!
It does suck to have to "remake" a scenario, especially if it has some nice rivers and lakes, but at least that lets you do things your way with your own GRF's. You could even make a larger version of the scenario like I did with the USA-Canada 4K Scenario. I still have yet to upload a North american Industries version of it (which is built on FIRS 3.0.10 code)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
misha.nut
Engineer
Engineer

Post by misha.nut »

Hello! I already asked in Script theme but...

I have a question. How can I get familiar FIRS 30.0.10 & Goal Based City Growth script? I've read a lot, tried to fix cargo list by using cargo.nut and Debug mode, tried onother Renewed_City_Growth and Simple_City_Builder... Still "cargoes don't match the list etc.".
May be someone have the right cargo.nut and can upload it... It's my favorite way to play OTTD so far
Do I something wrong?

Anyway thank you for amazing work! I play OTTD & FIRS for years :bow:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Hi, I'm trying to compile FIRS 3.0.10 but it spits out this error:

Code: Select all

nmlc ERROR: nmlc: An internal error has occurred:
nmlc-version: 0.4.4
Error:    (IndexError) "pop from empty list".
Command:  ['/usr/bin/nmlc', '-c', '-l', 'generated/lang', '--grf=generated/firs.grf', 'generated/firs.nml']
Location: File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/nml/actions/action4.py", line 168, in get_string_action4s

Makefile:93: recipe for target 'generated/firs.grf' failed
make: *** [generated/firs.grf] Error 1
Any clues as to what's wrong? :)
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I'm pretty sure your NML is too old. You need NML 0.4.5 or newer.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

planetmaker wrote:I'm pretty sure your NML is too old. You need NML 0.4.5 or newer.
Thanks, that worked :)

although in this case the documentation should be updated since it lists NML 0.4 or newer
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

lekkimsm2500 wrote:Coming in here, to ask if it would be possible to have all cargo types and industries enabled, and just having read a handful of the last posts about a cargo limitation, am i then correctly understanding that wont be possible then?
SilverSurferZzZ wrote:It's impossible today. 32 cargoes is the limit, nothing more.

Maybe in a distant future....
I am not going to lie. I find this update very pleasing.

Code: Select all

OpenTTD 1.9.0-beta2

Some highlights are:

- Support for up to 64 simultaneous rail types and cargo types;
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

As deep and complex as FIRS already is, I don't have any expectation of a cargo free-for-all. You already have that with Extreme setting, and I can't even imagine trying to cram more cargo into that. As evidence, I'll point you down the road to the recent development in AuzInd trying to do just that, and it's hitting all sorts of issues.

Having cargo is one thing. Trying to figure out how to make it all flow into a game, how to make it all work together, that's a lot harder.

If anything were to change in FIRS, it might be using the existing cargo but taking advantage of the new feature that industries can accept or produce up to 16 items. It's still going to be a challenge to make that useful without it becoming unmanageable, it would definitely make a person thing about just how they're going to set up their network.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.12 released 18th February 2019

Post by andythenorth »

FIRS 3.0.12 now released (bananas or http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/releases/)

* translations updated (thanks translators)
* note that nml 0.4.5 is needed for compiling FIRS (thanks planetmaker, Emperor Jake)

There was a 3.0.11, but for some reason I never put it on bananas. Water under the bridge eh? :)

Might be the last v3 release...
Cool Loser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cool Loser »

Hi. I just discovered this mod, looks awesome!

I've read somewhere that in vanilla game, the main factors that affect the production rate of a particular industry (via the station rating) are:

-Frequency of trains visiting the station;
-Quantity of units of cargo waiting to be hauled;
-Max. Speed of trains visiting the sation;
-Building statues; and
-Age of the trains visiting the station

Is that correct?

So my question is: does this function the same way in FIRS? I know about the engineering/manufacturing supplies, but are there any other factors that influence production rates? Are the above mentioned factors changed in any way?

In my first days with the game I'm finding myself starting new games again and again as I learn or discover new things and mods that make me want to start from scratch, so I want to get this right.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Also, my mods profile for a FIRS game would look like this:

Do you spot any incompatibilities? Do you suggest any other addition?

(I hope this is not much of an off-topic, I didn't want to open a new thread since it's mostly FIRS-related stuff)
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rowdog »

Well, the stations ratings work the same way in FIRS and the production is multiplied by the station rating to get the final amount of cargo that shows up at the station. For example, if your station rating is 65% you get 65% of the production at your station.

In Vanilla, the production goes up and down depending on your station ratings and a random factor. In FIRS, the production at a factory will be a constant amount but if you look at Industry itself it will tell you which cargo(s) will increase its production.

It looks like you understand the factors that affect station ratings but you can check the details on the wiki...
https://wiki.openttd.org/Game_mechanics#Station_rating
phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phobos2077 »

Is there any station set that supports displaying all FIRS 3 cargoes on platforms? (Industrial Station Renewal seems not working with some of the cargo types)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

phobos2077 wrote: 16 Nov 2019 17:35 Is there any station set that supports displaying all FIRS 3 cargoes on platforms? (Industrial Station Renewal seems not working with some of the cargo types)
This would make sense, since ISR hasn't been updated in several years.
phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phobos2077 »

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a couple more questions though.

- Is there any plans to add day length support to FIRS? As I understand there is no semi-random production increase/decrease over time like with base industries. So base production level is always the same. I can configure the "enhanced" and "gung-ho" levels relative to the base, but I can't configure the base, it seems. So if I'll decide to make days longer, I'll have less and less cargo to move. I guess increasing the "Enhanced" multiplier will partially solve this, but moving long trains of cargo will be more challenging with these settings in general.

- I see new industries being created during the game. But I disabled closing of secondary industries. Does that mean that the number of industries will increase until I have no more free blocks on the map? :o
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

kamnet wrote: 16 Nov 2019 19:49
phobos2077 wrote: 16 Nov 2019 17:35 Is there any station set that supports displaying all FIRS 3 cargoes on platforms? (Industrial Station Renewal seems not working with some of the cargo types)
This would make sense, since ISR hasn't been updated in several years.
Almost correct but not quite.
ISR has been updated by me (with permission from mart3p) to accommodate JGR's bridges over stations feature. It is also available here.
I am not comfortable with BaNaNaS, so it is not available there, but if someone is willing to maintain a BaNaNaS post they are free to do so.

Note that ISR is GPLv2 so if anybody is willing to do FIRS updates, they are free to do so.
I can provide the "bridgeable" version source code, but note that it is NFO and NOT NML.
The unaltered (not bridgeable) NML source is available on line.

Return to “Graphics Releases”