FIRS Industry Replacement Set - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.9 released 21st May 2018

Post by jfs »

SilverSurferZzZ wrote:It's impossible today. 32 cargoes is the limit, nothing more.

Maybe in a distant future....
But that needs changes in the program code, and it's not an easy task, and even less a quick one.
That future is not so distant 8)
On June 26th, a patch extending to 64 cargo types was included, here's the commit .
And right now, I'm working on a patch that lets industries accept and produce up to 16 different cargo types, up from the original limit of 3 in and 2 out.
You are likely to see both of these features in version 1.9.0, whenever that gets released. :mrgreen:

Kollba wrote:I don't know if this already is in this thread but 76 pages is too much for me to read...

One thing I would love to have in FIRS is the possibilty to define a custom economy. Now I can use Basic or Extreme but one is too small and the other is too big...
I'm not much into NewGRF development, but I think just looking at it combinatorically, it would be a huge burden to make a "pick and choose" economy mixer, and be sure any combination would be playable. It might be somewhat feasible to have toggle switches at industry chain level, e.g. "metalworking", "farming", "petrochem" flags, giving a total 7 useful combinations. Don't count on it.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

jfs wrote:That future is not so distant On June 26th, a patch extending to 64 cargo types was included, here's the commit .
Extra cargos would be great .. a 32 just don't seem enough to have all the major cargos that a person would like.
And right now, I'm working on a patch that lets industries accept and produce up to 16 different cargo types, up from the original limit of 3 in and 2 out.
Looking forward to see this idea. Will that be accept 8 and produce 8?
You are likely to see both of these features in version 1.9.0, whenever that gets released.

Looks like those of us who make newgrf game files will have new coding to do soon :D
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

jfs wrote: On June 26th, a patch extending to 64 cargo types was included, here's the commit .
You are likely to see both of these features in version 1.9.0, whenever that gets released. :mrgreen:

Exciting news. How about starting a dedicated thread so we can discuss this further.

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Captain Rand wrote: Exciting news. How about starting a dedicated thread so we can discuss this further.

Pete.
Made a thread here. And yes it's 16 cargo types in and 16 out. We figured 8 would be slightly too few, 10 just on the edge, so may as well go all the way to 16. "Should be enough for everyone."
Scorpio-BRZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scorpio-BRZ »

Hello all.

FIRS is a great job for Openttd.

A dream "FIRS-32bpp", will be one revolution.

Regards
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.10 released 1st July 2018

Post by andythenorth »

FIRS 3.0.10 was released 1st July 2018.

I don't know where future FIRS releases will be announced, but they will be available via bananas (in-game content service) when released.

I am not using tt-forums much, for me it's no longer a rewarding community to be in, I find it a bit toxic overall. YMMV of course.

But there is currently nowhere else to announce grf releases.

Meanwhile, the changelog. Thanks to translators for their contributions.

--------------
3.0.10 Release
--------------

*Docs*

- fix broken links in economies page

*Translations*

- updated
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Nice job Andy!

As Im not very active either so Im no aware what You talking about, but its sad to hear that's there are some bad fumes in the air... again -_-
bombastico
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bombastico »

Hi and thank you very much for your effort!

I would like to know if there is a compatible "City growth script" for FIRS 3.0...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but was it intensional to remove the Oil Rig/Platform from FIRS 3.0.XX? It was there in the extreme economies in previous versions, I dunno why its not there anymore since it is a major industry in real life (and one of the few reasons I would use ships)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

NekoMaster wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but was it intensional to remove the Oil Rig/Platform from FIRS 3.0.XX? It was there in the extreme economies in previous versions, I dunno why its not there anymore since it is a major industry in real life (and one of the few reasons I would use ships)
According to the recently updated website, oil rig should be available in Extreme and In a Hot Country.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

NekoMaster wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but was it intensional to remove the Oil Rig/Platform from FIRS 3.0.XX?
What year did you start as Oil Rigs in some of the FIRS don't start to appear till 1967 at least that the date for FIRS-6057.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but was it intensional to remove the Oil Rig/Platform from FIRS 3.0.XX? It was there in the extreme economies in previous versions, I dunno why its not there anymore since it is a major industry in real life (and one of the few reasons I would use ships)
According to the recently updated website, oil rig should be available in Extreme and In a Hot Country.
Actually it turns out some weird glitch when I tried loading up FIRS 3.0.10 to make a FIRS version of my USA 4K scenario starting with the town only version. I wish I had of know stuff was screwed up because it also broke the steel mill. I lost 3 hours of work placing farms, forsts, fruit plantations, etc across a 4K usa/canada map :|
GarryG wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Not sure if this is the right place for this, but was it intensional to remove the Oil Rig/Platform from FIRS 3.0.XX?
What year did you start as Oil Rigs in some of the FIRS don't start to appear till 1967 at least that the date for FIRS-6057.
Sorry, turn out it was a glitch on my end :|
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything with the search function. Older releases of FIRS such as 1.3.0 have an adjustable station rating algorithm, whereas 3.x appears to lack such a parameter. How is it handled in the current version? Is the old "favourable" setting the hard-coded default by chance?

Kind Regards,
The Axe
My scenarios for JGRpp: Motor City (1910), Fortune Bay (1993)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Dr. B. Ching wrote:Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything with the search function. Older releases of FIRS such as 1.3.0 have an adjustable station rating algorithm, whereas 3.x appears to lack such a parameter. How is it handled in the current version? Is the old "favourable" setting the hard-coded default by chance?

Kind Regards,
The Axe
The code was removed completely, leaving OpenTTD to manage it on its own. 3iff wrote a NewGRF to restore that functionality.
viewtopic.php?t=74856
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

Cheers for the tip, however it doesn't seem to have any effect in combination with FIRS 3.0.10 regardless of the NewGRF load order. Thought the unofficial FIXES add-on might be the culprit, but it's not. FIRS 1.4.4 + FIXES (same parameters) works as expected with regard to the algorithm. Oh well! Guess I'll stick with that then; the default station rating system simply doesn't do it for me.

Kind Regards,
The Axe
Dr. B. Ching
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr. B. Ching »

Addendum, since I did figure out the cause after all: FIXES appears to ship with a copy of the default algorithm, which comes into effect if parameter eight (type of economy to be influenced) is set to anything other than "none (default)". That's a bit odd; I didn't expect it to affect station ratings at all unless the interdependent "improved FIRS station rating" setting has been activated as well. The various town industries included in FIXES are still a nice addition, though.

Kind Regards,
The Axe
Grand_Nagus_Quark
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grand_Nagus_Quark »

Why do different industries have different production values?

Is this something FIRS specific, and if it is, how can you tell if an industry is productive or not?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Grand_Nagus_Quark wrote:Why do different industries have different production values?

Is this something FIRS specific, and if it is, how can you tell if an industry is productive or not?
FIRS code has a production multiplier and then OpenTTD varies the normal output of the industry to some extent. So say if in code a industry has a Production multiplier of 12 giving it an out put of 320 units of cargo, you could get the same industry across the map that produces 180, 260, 320, or 400 units. It'll always stick around a certain number but of course you can increase the output of industries by giving mines and farms a little bit of supplies.
archy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by archy »

Hi, I started a game with FIRS 3.0.10 (economy "In A Hot Country") and a few other NewGRFs...
[+] Spoiler
newgrfs.png
newgrfs.png (7.14 KiB) Viewed 6266 times
...and the Diamond Mine industry type seems to be missing.

No diamond mines were added on map generation, and they're not in the "Fund new industry" list, and the "Industry chain" for diamonds shows no producing industries:
diamond_chain.png
diamond_chain.png (2.64 KiB) Viewed 6266 times
Is this a bug?[/s]

EDIT: Never mind, I may have changed the economy to "In A Hot Country" in the NewGRF settings *after* creating the scenario; When I start a new game with the economy already set, it works.
Last edited by archy on 31 Dec 2018 19:35, edited 2 times in total.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

I tried the same, and did get a diamond mine:
Screenshot_20181231_172007.png
Screenshot_20181231_172007.png (188.18 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “Graphics Releases”