FIRS Industry Replacement Set - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Post by andythenorth »

brickie wrote:Possibly a dumb question, but is there a placement guide for Industries?
Not dumb, no there isn't, and it is a pain in the arse. :)

Notably all the industries that build on coasts can be hard to build. There is usually at least one for each compass direction, but they require specific coast shapes. It could do with a fix, probably in docs, but I'm not likely to pick it up right now :)
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

It would be nice if someone where to fix the coastal industries or document how they should be placed as I keep generating maps that are missing some important coastal industry like bulk or liquid terminals.

If anything the terminals should be able to build on a section of strait coastline as wide as the industry is.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

andythenorth wrote:Not dumb, no there isn't, and it is a pain in the arse. :)

Notably all the industries that build on coasts can be hard to build. There is usually at least one for each compass direction, but they require specific coast shapes. It could do with a fix, probably in docs, but I'm not likely to pick it up right now :)
Confucius wrote:Best cure for pain-in-arse is to stop sitting on source of pain. :mrgreen:
A few years ago I had the distinct pleasure of assisting George with just this aspect of his ECS wiki. I'm an old fart now and life's pleasures are much more difficult to fulfill. Perhaps one of our young energetic tt-forums members could assist Andy with this worthy project. 8)
Scanz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scanz »

Hi guys!
Here is my trouble, but may be its not.
so.
my rack stay on station and waiting for load.
Factory say "33 000 chemicals produced by last month'
But track loaded only 22 000.

Factory say "6 pc Equipment produced.
track loaded 4.

where is a key ?
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Scanz wrote:Factory say "33 000 chemicals produced by last month'
But track loaded only 22 000.

Factory say "6 pc Equipment produced.
track loaded 4.

where is a key ?
67 % load is pretty normal behaviour. It will always be the same percentage as the station rating. This has nothing to do with FIRS, it's just normal game mechanics.
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

This is likely a dumb question, but I just want to confirm before I get too far into a game and realise I need to start over.
If I set "Temperate Basic" in the GRF settings, does that mean that industry will be used regardless of what map type I'm using? Like I'll get temperate industries on my arctic or mars maps?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

khamseen wrote:If I set "Temperate Basic" in the GRF settings, does that mean that industry will be used regardless of what map type I'm using? Like I'll get temperate industries on my arctic or mars maps?
Yes. ;)
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

andythenorth wrote:
khamseen wrote:If I set "Temperate Basic" in the GRF settings, does that mean that industry will be used regardless of what map type I'm using? Like I'll get temperate industries on my arctic or mars maps?
Yes. ;)
Thanks for confirming! :)
Wanted to start a new game with a different array of grfs but didn't want to get thirty years in to realise I'd messed up.
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

andythenorth wrote:To be precise, with Temperate Basic, you'd get these industries and cargos ;) http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/pus ... rate_basic
Ah nice, thanks. I somehow missed the flowcharts for each economy on the website! Think I may actually got for the Hot Country economy, looks interesting. :)
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

Haha, thanks again. Good to see you've still got some future updates planned. Most of the older industry grfs I used to play are a long time dead and started to feel repetitive.
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

Sorry to be a pain but I've got a question about the petrol stations. I went ahead with the Hot Country economy and the town I've started in has three petrol stations and when I click info for them they show as accepting passengers, goods, and petroleum. Yet no matter what type of station I build near them the station only accepts mail and goods. Is there a start date for them to accept petroleum or is it a bug/possible conflict?

Edit: Never mind, turns out I was being a little thick. It's just that the tooltip about cargo was also applying to the Total Town Replacement petrol station details even though it doesn't actually accept petroleum. I found a petrol station from FIRS itself and it will accept it fine.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Yes, that can be a bit ... disappointing? JapanSet had petrol stations, too, but they don't accept FIRS cargoes either. It's something the town sets have to handle as far as I'm aware, though.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pretty sure TTRS petrol stations are designed to take fuel/gas/petrol from ECS and FIRS, I mean most GRF's should have New Cargo support and thus work with Industry/Cargo sets that use similar cargos.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

NekoMaster wrote:Pretty sure TTRS petrol stations are designed to take fuel/gas/petrol from ECS and FIRS, I mean most GRF's should have New Cargo support and thus work with Industry/Cargo sets that use similar cargos.
Like I said, they do show that they accept those items when you get the detailed info on them. But building a station next to them only accepts mail and goods. Maybe it's a load order thing? I might try some alternate orders later with just those two grfs loaded to see if I can get it working.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Its possible that if theres only a single TTRS petrol station in the catchment area, that won't be enough to accept Petrol/Fuel. If I remember you need a handful of buildings in the catchment area that accept a certain cargo to take them.

For example, if theres only one house in the catchment area of a truck station that accepts food, then that won't be good enough, I think you need at least 2-3 buildings that accept food before it can be "Accepted" at the truck stop.

If theres only on petrol station in your catchment area, that could explain it.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Just checked with TTRS 3.14 and I think you're right. They accept 6/8th petrol so you need at least two to get a station to accept it. Bit of an odd choice, to be honest. Kinda get it with wares and such, but it's not like you want petrol stations bunched up somewhere ^^;
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Pyoro wrote:Just checked with TTRS 3.14 and I think you're right. They accept 6/8th petrol so you need at least two to get a station to accept it. Bit of an odd choice, to be honest. Kinda get it with wares and such, but it's not like you want petrol stations bunched up somewhere ^^;
I would agree, its not like every city has gas stations at every corner, though its not uncommon to see major intersections with a bunch of gas stations. Many a time I've seen multiple stations on their own corner of a busy intersection, especially in area's near highway off ramps, regional roads intersecting a major road, and in major shopping/business area's
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

Ah woops yeah, totally wasn't paying attention to that part of the details. Just assumed petrol stations would work with just one but, right enough, now that more are opening in my town inside catchment areas of my depots they're all starting to accept it.

Return to “Graphics Releases”