FIRS Industry Replacement Set - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.0.2 released 15th April 2016

Post by kamnet »

supermop wrote:Here's a nice little vignette of a 64x128 FIRS 2 map, where I managed to shut down all traffic for all industry chains with some careless path signal work while paused..
*revokes your managers license*
*still not as bad as West Coast Rail*
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

What an interesting way to deliver scrap metal to the foundry. Genius!
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

supermop wrote:Here's a nice little vignette of a 64x128 FIRS 2 map, where I managed to shut down all traffic for all industry chains with some careless path signal work while paused...
At least, the local scrap yard crew is not that far away. You may get a special offer for the next shipment after they have worked this little pile of scrap metal.
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

That's an idea, a scrap yard gets a boost in production if/when there's a crash nearby.
Doorslammer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.0.3 released 1st May 2016

Post by Doorslammer »

Enjoying the nice variety of the industries, plus Japan Set seems to work better now with this running alongside. Always a bonus. :]
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Doorslammer wrote:Enjoying the nice variety of the industries
Fanks Doorslammer ;) Yair, it's hard to judge if people like the set, mostly the forum threads just have bug reports recently :twisted: Nice to have some positive comments.
The_Terminator
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The_Terminator »

I'm currently building a scenario using FIRS 2.0.3, with the extreme economy, but I've encountered quite a strange bug. For some reason, the coal mine and steel mill are both missing - every other industry is present, and there's nothing else to suggest there are any problems; I just don't have either of those industries:

It appears to work fine when I start a new game - it's only this scenario. I've attached the scenario file for reference, and these are the NewGRFs I'm using:

Does anyone know what the cause of this might be, and more importantly, whether there's any way to fix it? I'm a big fan of FIRS, so it would be a real shame to not be able to use it.
Attachments
Hokkaido 0.3.scn
The scenario in question.
(2.68 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The_Terminator wrote:For some reason, the coal mine and steel mill are both missing
I suspect that your scenario file may be corrupted. Did you add or replace FIRS after you started developing the scenario, or did FIRS replace another industry set in the scenario? Coal mine should be available from year 0 and steel mill from 1850.
The_Terminator
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The_Terminator »

kamnet wrote:
The_Terminator wrote:For some reason, the coal mine and steel mill are both missing
I suspect that your scenario file may be corrupted. Did you add or replace FIRS after you started developing the scenario, or did FIRS replace another industry set in the scenario? Coal mine should be available from year 0 and steel mill from 1850.
I created the scenario with FIRS 2.0.1, but since 2.0.3 was released before I started placing any industries, and I understood minor updates like that to be savegame-compatible, I updated it to that version first. I also switched from Temperate Basic to Extreme prior to placing any industries at all, as I had apparently forgotten to do that before creating the scenario. I have done that many times in the past without any issues, so I'd be surprised if that were the cause - although I suppose doing so is unsupported for a reason. I haven't used any other industry sets either.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

The_Terminator wrote:I also switched from Temperate Basic to Extreme
That especially sounds ripe for errors.

It's better to assume any change to newgrf will break something. That is exactly why you see this.
Attachments
NewGRF Warning.PNG
NewGRF Warning.PNG (10.55 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
The_Terminator
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The_Terminator »

Sylf wrote:
The_Terminator wrote:I also switched from Temperate Basic to Extreme
That especially sounds ripe for errors.

It's better to assume any change to newgrf will break something. That is exactly why you see this.
That's true. It would be just my luck that the one time it does actually break something is in a scenario I've spent hours creating. :roll:

Which, I suppose, leads me to the question - is there anything I can do about it? A way to fix the broken file would be ideal, so I don't lose all the industries I've already placed. But I do have a backup from before I changed the parameter, so if there's a way to change the economy in the scenario editor without completely breaking it, that would still be a massive help.

If worse comes to worst, I guess I'll have no choice but to just finish the scenario using Temperate Basic, but I'd really like to avoid that if I possibly can. It doesn't really fit the map at all, and it's just nowhere as fun as the extreme economy.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Short story
Changing economies will absolutely break your game. ;)

Long story
You might not have noticed this as much before FIRS 2, for multiple reasons, especially in a scenario. Breakage would be harder to detect on a newly-created scenario, whereas on a running game it would cause most industries to have broken cargos and sprites, or to be removed from the map as invalid. :)

Sorry, no fix I know of. :?
Monty_Montana
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Monty_Montana »

Hi everyone:

Can anybody confirm if this is a bug?

In that savegame, the Plastics plant located at Enontekiö should produce 6 crates per 8k liters of chemicals delivered. But seems this is not right. A train carries 2,048,000 liters of chemicals, so the calculus is 2,048,000 * 6 / 8000 = 1536, but the count is aprox the half of this amount. I dont know if this is a bug or I am wrong. Anyway, could anybody take a look at it?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Possible bug.sav
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

If you add both goods and vehicle parts produced by that plant, it should come out close to 1536. You will not get 1536 each of both products.
jpmunroe2009
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jpmunroe2009 »

I am not sure if this is a FIRS issue, but here goes.

I am using JGR's patchpack with FIRS 2.0.3. Daylength is set to 5.

I have a road network with 4 coal pits. 3 of these transfer to 1 of the coal pits, the 'hub'. From there all coal is taken to a single power station. Coal is stacking up at the hub because the transfers don't seem to be collected. Despite me telling them to wait for a full load, trucks just sit there and either wait for coal directly produced at the hub or they take a very long time (in comparison) to fill up with coal from the other pits.

Not sure if I have misunderstood something with the mechanics. Of course I could just tell them all to go to the power station directly, but this is a distance issue. Eventually I want trucks to feed the hub coal pit and trains etc.. to take coal to destinations.

http://imgur.com/Ep0env1
jpmunroe2009
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jpmunroe2009 »

I think I fixed it/understood myself. The station mentioned in the transfer, 'fort chunignston tanner road', is another coal pit. I just had to add some trucks to pick up from 'carfingborne tanner road' and transfer to chuninston. This seems to have reduced to cargo queues.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.0 released 7th May 2016

Post by andythenorth »

FIRS 2.1.0 now on bananas. Not savegame compatible with previous releases.
manganese_mine_animated.mov
(6.33 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
--------------
2.1.0 Release
--------------

*Changes*

- new graphics and layouts for Manganese Mine

*Fixes*

- Stockyard had wrong unit for livestock extra info string

*Translations*

- multiple languages updated
The_Terminator
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The_Terminator »

andythenorth wrote:Short story
Changing economies will absolutely break your game. ;)

Long story
You might not have noticed this as much before FIRS 2, for multiple reasons, especially in a scenario. Breakage would be harder to detect on a newly-created scenario, whereas on a running game it would cause most industries to have broken cargos and sprites, or to be removed from the map as invalid. :)

Sorry, no fix I know of. :?
Ah well. Next time I know to triple-check everything meticulously before spending hours placing cities. Thanks anyway.
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.0 released 7th May 2016

Post by Ogre »

andythenorth wrote:...
- new graphics and layouts for Manganese Mine
I don't like it. There is no gradual unloading of the mine charts, the piles of manganese are not growing while unloading and the conveyors are not moving...

:D

Seriously, this is an example of a gorgeously drawn industry, painted with an enthusiasm rivalling with love. Andythenorth and company, you are great! :bow:
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.

Return to “Graphics Releases”