FIRS Industry Replacement Set - releases

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.2 released 19th June 2016

Post by Diesel Power »

Is there anyway that industries can except different cargoes after a certain date? Most coal fired power stations these days are being refitted to burn biomass. Power stations could except timber (wood chips) and plant fibres after, say, 2010. Just a thought...
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Not really, it would make mess everywhere.

The best you can do is to make a new version of an industry, which can be build after some date. I also think this is the least confusing to players.
Afaik FIRS does that here and there.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Why is 2.1.1 still the latest version on Bananas?
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

I think I've found a bug. I recently had an oil refinery and for every 8000L of oil I was getting 6000L of chemicals AND 6000L of petroleum fuels. that's a yield of 150%! I have openttd 1.6.1 and FIRS 2.1.2 and was using the extreme economy.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Diesel Power wrote:... for every 8000L of oil I was getting 6000L of chemicals AND 6000L of petroleum fuels. that's a yield of 150%!
That's incorrect. When you beat egg whites, you don't have a 300 % yield in the end. Actually you don't calculate a yield with volumes, as reactants and products presumably have different densities. Yields are obtained with masses.
But it's true that the quantity of products seems a little high. Well, maybe the "chemicals" have an exceptionally low density...

In game, I think the FIRS refineries are supposed to product that much, that's not a bug. But maybe they should only produce 3000L of each cargo.
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Okay, so my terminology was a little out, but the production bit was accurate. When you deliver 8 tonnes of metal to a smithy forge or a machine shop, you get 4 crates of engineering supplies and 4 crates of farm supplies. They state 8 crates for every 8t of metal, so it stands to reason that when the the oil refinery states 6000l for every 8000l of oil, its good assumption that you should get 3000l of each cargo. This is currently not the case, i'm getting 6000l of each cargo.
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Is it a bug to have the default forests in the temperate basic setting, and they no longer produce anything, along with the sawmill, despite it can't produce goods without the wood?

EDIT

Aha ... The forests are disappearing, which i can guess is a measure deployed since they don't serve a purpose, or are severely bugged?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Diesel Power wrote:I recently had an oil refinery and for every 8000L of oil I was getting 6000L of chemicals AND 6000L of petroleum fuels.
Yup that's a bug :twisted:

I'll find a fix, cheers.
lekkimsm2500 wrote:Is it a bug to have the default forests in the temperate basic setting, and they no longer produce anything?
You have another industry set loaded, something like OpenGFX or maybe another one. Check your newgrf list :wink:
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.3 released 21st July 2016

Post by andythenorth »

FIRS 2.1.3 is now on Bananas ;)

--------------
2.1.3 Release
--------------

*Fixes*

- wrong output in some economies for secondary industries with two output cargos

*Translations*

- multiple languages updated
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 2.1.5 released 21st October 2016

Post by leifbk »

Andy, thank you for the update. I wasn't quite finished with the Norwegian translation last time, but now it seems like the wrinkles have been ironed out.

I have been struggling with the "manufacturing supplies" concept. I did tentatively translate it with "emballasje", that is packaging. In most cases, that seems to apply. But I've come to realise that the term "manufacturing supplies" must cover a wider concept; eg. in a furniture factory you may consider both glass, metal, and even cardboard as components of the products. The original Norwegian translation was "manufakturtilbehør" which I feel is overly long. The current "produksjonsutstyr" is hardly much better, but it falls in line with the current "gårdsutstyr" and "anleggsutstyr" for farm supplies and engineering supplies respectively. If anyone has better ideas, please let me know.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Not sure if this is a known bug or not, but when using FIRS 2.1.x and Japan Set Landscape together it causes some funny ground tiles in the fruit plantation. It seems the Japanese field sprite has CC blue in it which causes those pixels to recolour to the farm truck's colour.

Attachments
fruitfarms.PNG
fruitfarms.PNG (104 KiB) Viewed 602 times
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Emperor Jake wrote:Not sure if this is a known bug or not, but when using FIRS 2.1.x and Japan Set Landscape together it causes some funny ground tiles in the fruit plantation. It seems the Japanese field sprite has CC blue in it which causes those pixels to recolour to the farm truck's colour.

Probably best if firs uses base set tiles where possible to blend in with whatever you choose to use - Best course of action would be to take it up with Japan Set people. You still end up with flooded orchards I guess...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

andythenorth wrote:FIRS can't fix that, short of me drawing dedicated ground tiles for these industries, which could be done, but eh, I'd rather not ;)
Why not use 4183 onwards? Makes the ground a tad greener I suppose (TTD, not sure I can tell the difference with OpenGFX ^^), but gives one for the Japanese set that probably is still supposed to be some sort of rice-thing, but looks green/overgrown enough that it works as grass, I think ^^;
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

Hi Andy.
After see your last work in this set, I have a small suggestion...
The cargo of explosives need a extra cargo class: CC_HAZARDOUS.

Is a dangerous cargo and CC_HAZARDOUS is the best option for this. Think about it and when you take the final decision, say me for a final inclusion in the wiki.
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
aadje93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by aadje93 »

Hi all,

I'm realy enjoying FIRS since the very first hours (something in the 0.6 range) but how do i lower production (yeah, lower production.

After A LOT of years of "max moneys" i'm now gradually more casual player, but still wanting a challenge instead of efficiency i'm now looking at a more reasonable production. With like 7-8 oil rig's in the north sea, and a small train line around Holland (on europe map,2048x2048) i'm allready needing 30 trains that are waiting for each other most of the time, and still can't fully empty all oil from the harbour station. Its littarly making me millions each year for some basic oil processing in a refinery.

Now i want to try and lower that production by like 90% default, and the normal rating still configurable (120% and 150% for me)

Is this possible within firs? I dont mind editing some lua files or something, but i haven't found it yet, and i'm not realy into newGRF files...

if anybody could help me out that would be great, or maybe a new parameter in config for "default production *vs vanilla*"
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Deliver fewer supplies, make fewer runs. Eventually production will ramp down.

Return to “Graphics Releases”