FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.12 released 18th February 2019

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.12 released 18th February 2019

Post by andythenorth » 17 Nov 2019 08:15

phobos2077 wrote:
16 Nov 2019 21:30
- Is there any plans to add day length support to FIRS?
No. I am somewhat opposed to all daylength patches, they will never work, and they fragment the game whilst introducing unwanted problems. :|

You could fork FIRS and modify production values :arrow: https://github.com/andythenorth/firs

The majority of industries use one of 5 templates ("templates/industry_*.pynml"). These contain 'produce' blocks, and changing the base production would be a matter of inserting a multiplier there. This may not cover all industries, and may cause broken calculations, constants or strings elsewhere, but it's possibly close enough.
- I see new industries being created during the game. But I disabled closing of secondary industries. Does that mean that the number of industries will increase until I have no more free blocks on the map? :o
For a specific map size, OpenTTD targets maintaining a specific count of industries on the map. So no, the map shouldn't get full of industries, new industries will be rarely built unless another industry has closed :)

phobos2077
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Set - 3.0.12 released 18th February 2019

Post by phobos2077 » 17 Nov 2019 10:05

andythenorth wrote:
17 Nov 2019 08:15
phobos2077 wrote:
16 Nov 2019 21:30
- Is there any plans to add day length support to FIRS?
No. I am somewhat opposed to all daylength patches, they will never work, and they fragment the game whilst introducing unwanted problems. :|

You could fork FIRS and modify production values :arrow: https://github.com/andythenorth/firs

The majority of industries use one of 5 templates ("templates/industry_*.pynml"). These contain 'produce' blocks, and changing the base production would be a matter of inserting a multiplier there. This may not cover all industries, and may cause broken calculations, constants or strings elsewhere, but it's possibly close enough.
Thanks for the info. It is unfortunate that you have this predisposition towards the day length. I find the game much more enjoyable for myself with JGR's version of the patch. Not sure what you mean "they will never work" because they do. They just require a few additional multipliers to keep the game somewhat balanced. Which is not a problem IMO, because the game is unbalanced AF even before the patch. Every player has to balance it for himself anyway if he even cares about such things (many people just want to build a model railroad w/o any restrictions, as I understand).

Just a simple third multiplier in the GRF parameters will do the trick I think. I think it might be beneficial for many since your industry set is very popular, so as JGRPP.

I'll try to play some more with default values and if it's too low then try to follow your suggestion.

Edit: I didn't find "produce" blocks in the files you mentioned. But I did find this: https://github.com/andythenorth/firs/bl ... uild.pynml
If I increase these values, will it work? Having a configurable multiplier would be better though, but I have no idea how to do it yet.

Return to “Graphics Releases”