Heavy Equipment Set (HEQS) v1.5.2 released! [OTTD]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

U.N.Owen
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Heavy Equipment Set (HEQS) v1.5.2 released! [OTTD]

Post by U.N.Owen »

Hello All!
I tried to make it compatible witch RATT/NRT.
Succes. It works.
After this I decided to register here and share the result with you all.

It's my first OpenTTD modding attempt and, obviously, first (but not last, I hope) message at this forum.
Attachments
heqs-ratt.zip
Heavy Equipment Set: ratt version
(421.65 KiB) Downloaded 690 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Huge thumbs up man :D
Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lesarthois »

With Road Hog, it was one of the NewGRF I hoped to see compatible with NRT! I'll test it as soon as I can :bow:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Lesarthois wrote:With Road Hog, it was one of the NewGRF I hoped to see compatible with NRT! I'll test it as soon as I can :bow:
Road Hog is already compatible with NRT. You may check the first post of the NotRoadTypes topic.
Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lesarthois »

Sorry for the confusion. I meant that Road Hog and HEQS works well together, and it's a pelasure to see both being finally compatible with RATT :))
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Would love to use this with NRT. Which file goes where? (I know the GRF goes in the GRF folder!) Can't get mine to work.

Thanks
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Diesel Power wrote:Would love to use this with NRT. Which file goes where? (I know the GRF goes in the GRF folder!) Can't get mine to work.
HEQS was created and finished before NRT was developed. HEQS vehicles will only run on default roads.

A modified version was released a few months ago by U.N. Owen. That's the one you need. It also goes into the same folder as the other NewGRFs you manually download.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I have a problem.
I do not see the NRT version in the list, as is the case with Road Hog. What with this? Using Joker patch pack, Ratt falls....
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

It's at the top of this page. I've been using HEQs for years, only recently seen the NRT version. I unzipped it into the new GRF folder and i couldn't build them on haul roads only normal ones. I'll try leaving it zipped and see if that works. Would I need to change it to a .tar file?

Thanks Kamnet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Diesel Power wrote:It's at the top of this page. I've been using HEQs for years, only recently seen the NRT version. I unzipped it into the new GRF folder and i couldn't build them on haul roads only normal ones. I'll try leaving it zipped and see if that works. Would I need to change it to a .tar file?

Thanks Kamnet
Extract the file "heqs-ratt.grf" to your /newgrf folder. The rest of the files are not necessary for game play. You can put the files inside of a .tar archive if you wish.
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

I know this GRF is dead, but I thought i'd post this anyway incase Andy gets bored one evening...
I've spotted an incorrct sprite in the Mt. Macinley Dump truck when loaded with sand (FIRS 4) heading North.
Attachments
The Snow Shifters, 4th Feb 1962.png
(159.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Diesel Power wrote: 01 Jan 2020 07:53 I know this GRF is dead, but I thought i'd post this anyway incase Andy gets bored one evening...
I've spotted an incorrct sprite in the Mt. Macinley Dump truck when loaded with sand (FIRS 4) heading North.
Its not "Dead" just "Done", but I guess now that theres road types and this little bug you found, I guess Andy might have some work in the future :)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

"Done" is a matter of opinion! I've got a list of improvements i'd like to make, just got to get my head round the code.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Diesel Power wrote: 12 Jan 2020 08:21 "Done" is a matter of opinion! I've got a list of improvements i'd like to make, just got to get my head round the code.
Well you could always try bugging andy with your suggestions but they're fairly busy these days with their other projects and life, sometimes having a family gets in the way of doing things (but I'd say a family is more important than games and modding :D )
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

I 99% definitely won't touch HEQS again.

I did move the repo to GitHub recently - HEQS isn't abandoned, there's just nothing more I want to do to it ;)

https://github.com/andythenorth/heqs

Anyone is welcome to fork as long as they play by GPL.

There was talk somewhere of an NRT mod for it, not sure if that happened or not :)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

andythenorth wrote: 14 Jan 2020 07:37 There was talk somewhere of an NRT mod for it, not sure if that happened or not :)
NML mod was posted by U.N. Owen back in 2018, link here: viewtopic.php?p=1211083#p1211083
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Would you be able to explain what's causing this bug? Happens when XIS and HEQS is loaded together. The logging truck carries passengers when you build it, the same as the amount of wood it shoudl carry. It can then be refitted to wood but at a much lower capacity (presumably the default 1/4 weight ratio). The same bug also affected the JapanSet's vehicle carriers, which I had to fix in Japan Secret Engines. It also affects the HEQS Foundry Transporters (speaking of which, it's unfortunate that these don't support the Steeltown cargos, it would be a perfect complement)

I had a look at the code because I wanted to try and fix this myself, but I have no idea what's going on. Any ideas? (is this to do with the scary cargo label issues you mentioned?) :)
Attachments
woodlice.PNG
woodlice.PNG (45.14 KiB) Viewed 7436 times
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Emperor Jake wrote: 28 Nov 2020 11:42 Would you be able to explain what's causing this bug? Happens when XIS and HEQS is loaded together.
Sorry not a clue :twisted:

So long since I touched HEQS, it's all nfo, I have forgotten how to read it ;)
Droideka30
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Droideka30 »

Bug report: Playing with rail vehicles enabled removes the grid from the train depot, making it difficult to tell how long a train is if playing with other newGRFs (eg UKRS).
Railwaymodeler
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Emperor Jake wrote: 28 Nov 2020 11:42 Would you be able to explain what's causing this bug? Happens when XIS and HEQS is loaded together. The logging truck carries passengers when you build it, the same as the amount of wood it shoudl carry. It can then be refitted to wood but at a much lower capacity (presumably the default 1/4 weight ratio). The same bug also affected the JapanSet's vehicle carriers, which I had to fix in Japan Secret Engines. It also affects the HEQS Foundry Transporters (speaking of which, it's unfortunate that these don't support the Steeltown cargos, it would be a perfect complement)

I had a look at the code because I wanted to try and fix this myself, but I have no idea what's going on. Any ideas? (is this to do with the scary cargo label issues you mentioned?) :)
I've seen this when playing with XIS, but not with this set (Yet). I've seen train sets affected, in, I think, NARS 2.53 where the log car carries passengers. NARS 2.53 and HEQS are a bit old by now, so maybe neither handle so many cargos properly?
Without Trains America Stops

Return to “Graphics Releases”