Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.

Post by Erato »

Sugardust wrote: 23 Sep 2019 22:21 Howdy everyone, semi-new player here returning after not playing for a while.

I'm a big lurker of the screenshot of the month topic and I've noticed a lot of screenshots on there use different colored terrain and water that look much better than the default. Attached is a picture from Emperor Jake showing a light green grass and nice dark water and smooth coastline. Does anyone know what he uses in this or if there's any similar terrain replacement packs?
<Snip>
This is from the CZTR Ground Set.
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sugardust
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sugardust »

Erato wrote: 24 Sep 2019 08:02
Sugardust wrote: 23 Sep 2019 22:21 Howdy everyone, semi-new player here returning after not playing for a while.

I'm a big lurker of the screenshot of the month topic and I've noticed a lot of screenshots on there use different colored terrain and water that look much better than the default. Attached is a picture from Emperor Jake showing a light green grass and nice dark water and smooth coastline. Does anyone know what he uses in this or if there's any similar terrain replacement packs?
<Snip>
This is from the CZTR Ground Set.
Thank you very very much. This is exactly what I was looking for!
zerg_x
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zerg_x »

I just found the CZTR graphic set and I really like how realistic and detailed everything is. Are there any other sets that give very realistic and detailed graphics like CZTR?
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

I am looking for a newgrf addon called "bridge_win". The OTTD GRFCrawler links to this website, but when I click on the link, I get a 404 (file not found) error.

I have searched the internet to no avail, including using the 'wayback machine'. Unfortunately I need it to load the current profile that was only recently recovered.

Cheers folks
MT
Formerly Trainskier1406
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

MT3269 wrote: 05 Dec 2019 10:50 I am looking for a newgrf addon called "bridge_win". The OTTD GRFCrawler links to this website, but when I click on the link, I get a 404 (file not found) error.

I have searched the internet to no avail, including using the 'wayback machine'. Unfortunately I need it to load the current profile that was only recently recovered.

Cheers folks
MT
This might be what you look for: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3125 and scroll a bit down (for some reason the postings have no title, thus I cannot link them directly). Maybe also the one on the last page of that thread.
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

Thanks, appreciated. I did manage to find another example of this file at some point after I posted the above. But it should still be useful should I need to source it again for whatever reason.
Formerly Trainskier1406
Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oakman »

Hallo,

does anybody know if there's a grf containing transport wagons for molten metal like:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfannenwa ... wagen2.jpg

Thanks a lot!
Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oakman »

Great, Thanks!
KahlilGibran
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KahlilGibran »

Hey guys, I'm looking for stations and building object.
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Is there a train set featuring a handcar of any kind? I've tried searching and looking, but no luck so far.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Fredinho wrote: 14 Apr 2020 12:43 Is there a train set featuring a handcar of any kind? I've tried searching and looking, but no luck so far.
I honestly cannot think of one. Such a vehicle would be nearly useless, just eyecandy. Doesn't mean one cannot be created, though. How's your drawing skills?
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Oh, I'm all about eyecandy.

My drawing skills are decent in real-life, but non-existent in the world of TTD. I want to learn how to draw sprites to fit the game, but I don't know anything about coding nor where to start.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Fredinho wrote: 16 Apr 2020 17:33 Oh, I'm all about eyecandy.

My drawing skills are decent in real-life, but non-existent in the world of TTD. I want to learn how to draw sprites to fit the game, but I don't know anything about coding nor where to start.
Practice drawing. There's tools and guides in the Graphics Development forum that can help. Having graphics available will make it easier for a coder to work with you.
KSNA
Engineer
Engineer

Post by KSNA »

hi guys, i'm new here and i looking for tram set from this screenshot (my first language was russian) , GRFCrawler don't found this GRF Image
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

That's the Hungarian Tram set, although it's a newer version than what I have. I also have no idea where to download it currently but I'll PM you the copy I have :)
Fuerfrost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fuerfrost »

Ya know, all these beautiful 32bpp modern and early era sets from around the world are really great and all, but I want to see a 32b set of mad-max-esque vehicles and tilesets. The coutryside of your favorite realm faithfully recreated is lovely, but what about that same area trying to rebuild from a nuclear apocalypse? Change my currency to bottlecaps and let me send old Max out to Bullet Town to resupply my wastelanders with some much needed ammo! Anyway, here's what I want to see:

Vehicles:
  • dune buggies covered in bomb-poles and spikes racing around passing traffic at high speeds while only carrying a few passengers
  • semi-trucks with guns and spewing black smoke
  • oil tanker land-trains with multiple wagons
  • motorcycles
  • randomized zero-cost cars and trucks with various weapons
  • rail tanks (thunderdome rail truck?)
Object groups:
  • all current buildings in varying states of decay and/or destruction
  • randomized rubble of what might have been buildings
  • bomb craters (1x1, 3x3, 1x3, etc)
  • radiation glow (not sure if glow is a thing, but certainly some nice animated green stuff looking downright nasty)
  • polluted rivers
  • dead forests
  • low/medium/high security fences (higher security means higher height?, razor wire?, flashing red lights indicating electrification?, etc)
  • barricades
  • barricaded roads
  • military vehicles (maybe animated?, destroyed versions too)
  • military troops (maybe animated?)
  • trenches/sandbags/walls/defensive positions
  • eye-candy buildings
Roads:
  • animated zombie swarms on road tiles that force slow speeds
  • snow-covered roads forcing slow speeds
  • destroyed roads forcing slow speeds
  • dirt roads that almost blend perfectly with the desert terrain
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Fuerfrost wrote: 07 May 2020 02:24 what about that same area trying to rebuild from a nuclear apocalypse?
You might be interested in Wasteland (available via online content, dev thread here) : it is a NewGRF that recreates the universe of the Fallout series.
It has special rules, cargos, vehicles and so on. I suggest you first read how it works, because it is not the usual "coal train + town to town passenger train = tons of cash" routine.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Fuerfrost wrote: 07 May 2020 02:24 Ya know, all these beautiful 32bpp modern and early era sets from around the world are really great and all, but I want to see a 32b set of mad-max-esque vehicles and tilesets. The coutryside of your favorite realm faithfully recreated is lovely, but what about that same area trying to rebuild from a nuclear apocalypse? Change my currency to bottlecaps and let me send old Max out to Bullet Town to resupply my wastelanders with some much needed ammo! Anyway, here's what I want to see
Technically, almost all of that is doable. The hard part is that somebody will have to take the time to design all of those graphics. Being done in 32bpp with full-zoom graphics will take a LONG time, unless you're going to fund an animation team to work on them.

The only thing that won't be possible is the warfare aspect. This is still a transportation and business simulation game, so you're not going to see guns blazing and bomb flying, there's just no way to make that happen. Best you can get is a forever place of desolation and misery, chugging goods from Point A to Point B.

It would be like Office Space, but, more metal and less coffee, I guess?

Return to “Graphics Releases”