Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.

Post by acs121 »

The train tracks appear to be from NuTracks, and the catenary from the same set. Otherwise, those water dams aren't available yet, but wallyweb said they were going to be released IIRC.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Fredinho wrote:... and water dams (last screenshot's by Wallyweb)?
Indeed the dams are by me, but they are a work in progress and have not been released yet.
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

acs121 wrote:The train tracks appear to be from NuTracks, and the catenary from the same set. Otherwise, those water dams aren't available yet, but wallyweb said they were going to be released IIRC.
Thanks for replying! I don't think it's NuTracks though, as there is no snow between the tracks there.
wallyweb wrote:
Indeed the dams are by me, but they are a work in progress and have not been released yet.
I see! Well, for what it's worth they look really nice :)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Fredinho wrote:
acs121 wrote:The train tracks appear to be from NuTracks, and the catenary from the same set. Otherwise, those water dams aren't available yet, but wallyweb said they were going to be released IIRC.
Thanks for replying! I don't think it's NuTracks though, as there is no snow between the tracks there.
wallyweb wrote:
I see! Well, for what it's worth they look really nice :)
Then it might be Swedish Rails but I really don't know much about track sets since the only one I use is Finescale.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

acs121 wrote: Then it might be Swedish Rails but I really don't know much about track sets since the only one I use is Finescale.
Not sure...
Seems it has slightly more dirt between rails:
Ilsenmünster Transport, 29th Jan 2006.png
Ilsenmünster Transport, 29th Jan 2006.png (267.03 KiB) Viewed 42568 times
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Fredinho wrote:I don't think it's NuTracks though, as there is no snow between the tracks there.
It looks like the Finnish Rail InfraStructure Set (FRISS).
skummel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skummel »

U&Ratt is a road and tramset wich can be seen here -> viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84591&hilit=RATT#p1216880

I tried to get it to work without any luck, says something about missin spirit , so i gave up
How can the same S*** happens to the same guy ----- twice

John McClane
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Well, if you want RATT to work, you will NEED a special version of OpenTTD which you can find here : https://github.com/andythenorth/NotRoad ... tram-types
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

arikover wrote:
Fredinho wrote:I don't think it's NuTracks though, as there is no snow between the tracks there.
It looks like the Finnish Rail InfraStructure Set (FRISS).
It's the closest thing I've found so far. I think the screenshot is by STD.

Anyway, another question: is there a ground graphics the same color/pattern as the docks in the MariCo set?
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

There are ground tiles in MariCo that match quays, docks, etc. If you want a somewhat matching station set, then use NewStations.
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

I feel like I've asked this before, but is there a mod that lets you use the default stations from other tracktypes on yet other tracktypes (Maglev stations on elrail, for example)
Jetrain
YATTC
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

trainman1432 wrote:I feel like I've asked this before, but is there a mod that lets you use the default stations from other tracktypes on yet other tracktypes (Maglev stations on elrail, for example)
Not yet. Sounds like a fairly easy NewGRF project for somebody to knock out, though.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

trainman1432 wrote:I feel like I've asked this before, but is there a mod that lets you use the default stations from other tracktypes on yet other tracktypes (Maglev stations on elrail, for example)
I also recall this thing existing and I might have it in my GRF list but I don't remember its name.
Batux
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Batux »

Hi, i am long time fan of TTD and i have played it since i was kid in late 90's, but i don't play it as much today. Maybe 1-2 games per year :D Anyway, i have always found that there is somewhat lack of vehicles of all types in the game, or they are not spread well enough thru the game time period. You will get most of the interesting stuff between 40's and 90's mainly trains, you don't get any ship after like 1970, there are very long periods of time between the new type of road vehicles and so on. So i would like to expand the list of vehicles in my game.
I have never played any game with newGRF's on, so i would like some suggestions from you. I have already done some research, and tried few newGRF packs, but most of them try to be unnecessary realistic and i find them too distracting and different from the core game.
I would like something, that looks and feels like the vehicles in original game. Nothing too realistic/crazy/futuristic. I have already found few newGRF's, that i like, so maybe you could suggest me something similar to theese.

Ships: The best i found so far is "NewShips v0.48 10.11.2010". The only thing is, that there are only like 3 ships more, than in original game, but other than that i like it.

Road vehicles: The "eGRVTS v2.0-r202" is basicly what i would like for every other type of transport in the game. If you turn off the trams and articulated vehicles, which i found awkward and usseless, then you get very nice set of vehicles. Its basicly like the original game turned to 11.

Trains: There is like milion of sets of trains for almost every contry/rail company in the world, but i would like something more generic and usable in the game. The best i found is "Generic European Set(GES) Public Alpha 2.2". Only thing, that i don't like about that one is that you get like 10 different carriages for passagers and every other type of cargo uses the standart one. I think that only one for passangers would be sufficient :D.
I have tried "2cc Trains in NML" which is apparently successor for the firt mentioned, but i dont like it because there is excessive amount of trains and carriages. Plus most of them have wierd lenght. I don't like anything other, than standart 0,5 tile lenght :D

Aircrafts: I dont really care about them, because i think, there is plenty of them in the core game. But maybe would be nice to add one, or two more helicopters.

TL;DR: I would like to expand number of vehicles in game with something that looks and feels like original game.
Sorry for my english, Its not really my first language and thank you for your suggestions.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I would suggest:
Ship: FISH, Squid Ate Fish, or Unsinkable Sam
RVs: Road Hog
Trains: Iron Horse
Planes: AV8 (or maybe AV9.8), which will have a couple of helicopters. Might also like VACE, which has a some VTOL aircraft too.
Batux
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Batux »

kamnet wrote: 12 Jun 2019 17:07 I would suggest:
Ship: FISH, Squid Ate Fish, or Unsinkable Sam
RVs: Road Hog
Trains: Iron Horse
Planes: AV8 (or maybe AV9.8), which will have a couple of helicopters. Might also like VACE, which has a some VTOL aircraft too.
Thank for your suggestions, AV8 looks great i will use that. The other ones for ships and RVs looks good, but i prefer NewShips and eGRVTS.
As for the trains. I have tried lot of different sets, bud i did not find anything, that i would really liked.
Are there any sets, that adds only train engines? Not carriages, or other things. All i want is just to add few more engines to play with, nothing special :D
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

Batux wrote: 13 Jun 2019 10:27 Are there any sets, that adds only train engines? Not carriages, or other things. All i want is just to add few more engines to play with, nothing special :D
There's a rather old "Enhanced Trainset" which just adds some engines and keeps the original engines and wagons.
You may also check out NUTS Unrealistic Trainset, which has only a few universal and express wagons for each railtype, aswell as a whole slew of engine classes for different purposes.
Batux
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Batux »

vrn wrote: 13 Jun 2019 18:53
Batux wrote: 13 Jun 2019 10:27 Are there any sets, that adds only train engines? Not carriages, or other things. All i want is just to add few more engines to play with, nothing special :D
There's a rather old "Enhanced Trainset" which just adds some engines and keeps the original engines and wagons.
Thank a lot! This is exactly what i was looking for. Like 15 years ago i have got some moded version of TTD from someone and i am pretty sure, that it used older version of this trainset, because i remember most of these engines from this trainset.
Anyway, if somebody is interested in this trainset, you can download it from the online content thing in the game. It is now called "Luukland Trainset". For some reason there are two versions, one form 2012 and the other one from 2013, but i did not spot any difference between them at a first glance.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

This is a bit of a switch. I found a grf on the online content tool (bananas), but it has no attribution and I can't find any references on the forums. It is New Brunswick Town Names. I live in New Brunswick, so I am curious ... Is there another TTD/OpenTTD fan in my province?
Sugardust
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sugardust »

Howdy everyone, semi-new player here returning after not playing for a while.

I'm a big lurker of the screenshot of the month topic and I've noticed a lot of screenshots on there use different colored terrain and water that look much better than the default. Attached is a picture from Emperor Jake showing a light green grass and nice dark water and smooth coastline. Does anyone know what he uses in this or if there's any similar terrain replacement packs?

Return to “Graphics Releases”