Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Kerbiter
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Looking for Graphics? Ask Here.

Post by Kerbiter »

Is there any stations NewGRFs with some one-sided (and rural) stations? I tried Dutch and Hungarian stations - they're good, but not in my taste, and Czech doesn't have English language.

Btw, can anyone give me the latest (or best version) CanStn grf?
My English is bad, so please PM me about my mistakes :roll:
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Japan set 3 stations have some single sided stations.
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Kerbiter wrote:Is there any stations NewGRFs with some one-sided (and rural) stations? I tried Dutch and Hungarian stations - they're good, but not in my taste, and Czech doesn't have English language.

Btw, can anyone give me the latest (or best version) CanStn grf?
google Newgrf list.
It should be under stations category
Jetrain
YATTC
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Is there any newgrf that makes coasts look snowy?

The ancient New Water mods coast tiles, so it shouldn't be impossible to make.
Attachments
Näyttökuva 2015-09-13 kohteessa 14.23.41.png
Näyttökuva 2015-09-13 kohteessa 14.23.41.png (149.57 KiB) Viewed 4258 times
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

I guess the problem would be: either the coast has snow, or it has no snow at all, but both are not possible at the same time. A while ago, Smaug began a snowy landscape, but I don't think he will release it anytime soon (if ever).
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

arikover wrote:I guess the problem would be: either the coast has snow, or it has no snow at all, but both are not possible at the same time. A while ago, Smaug began a snowy landscape, but I don't think he will release it anytime soon (if ever).
That's exactly what I've wanted for long time! :shock:

Too bad they will probably never get released. :|
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Yeah, you can only have on type of coast tile afaik so any climate with more than one "base tile" has to pick which look to use for coast tiles.
Might make sense for EmptyGRF, I'll try to keep it in mind.

In other news - what kind of company statue replacements are there? I found a Christmas tree and an American flag. Anything else? I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, but so far I haven't really been content with what I found ^^;
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

The one coast tile limitation doesn't matter, I would set snowlines on winter and summer to 0 anyway.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

What are the graphics set? (see screenshot) I would really like to use it in the game. Looks beautiful as fencing for parks. :)
1.png
1.png (68.25 KiB) Viewed 4094 times
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

VAST+ Fences. If the walls are not available, try the development versions.
bigyihsuan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bigyihsuan »

Are there any GRFs that add in the necessity for refueling?

Some things that I have in mind:
Every vehicle can carry a certain maximum of fuel, which it needs to travel a maximum of X tiles by itself (no cargo).
X is affected by the amount of cargo it pulls, its power, and other stats. This is displayed in the info screen for the vehicle.

For example, the steam trains need coal to run, so you need to make a yard to deliver coal to in order to refuel them.

Same thing with oil and diesel engines, buses, boats, and planes. You need to deliver fuel (generated from refineries using oil) in tank cars to your yard in order to keep the trains/buses/planes/boats running.

Electric trains, monorails, and maglevs (and possibly vacuum tubes/electric trams/metro for cross-GRF compatibility) run on electricity from the track/overhead wires, so they don't need to be refueled.

Due to the above factors, it's best to have a network that leads into several refueling stations or yards filled with coal and fuel to keep your network running.

If possible, allow for GRF makers to specify what fuel type to use, so that weird locomotives like wood-burning or oil-burning (not fuel, RAW OIL) ones can use wood and oil normally, among other, less realistic options.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

bigyihsuan wrote:Are there any GRFs that add in the necessity for refueling?

Some things that I have in mind:
Every vehicle can carry a certain maximum of fuel, which it needs to travel a maximum of X tiles by itself (no cargo).
X is affected by the amount of cargo it pulls, its power, and other stats. This is displayed in the info screen for the vehicle.

For example, the steam trains need coal to run, so you need to make a yard to deliver coal to in order to refuel them.

Same thing with oil and diesel engines, buses, boats, and planes. You need to deliver fuel (generated from refineries using oil) in tank cars to your yard in order to keep the trains/buses/planes/boats running.

Electric trains, monorails, and maglevs (and possibly vacuum tubes/electric trams/metro for cross-GRF compatibility) run on electricity from the track/overhead wires, so they don't need to be refueled.

Due to the above factors, it's best to have a network that leads into several refueling stations or yards filled with coal and fuel to keep your network running.

If possible, allow for GRF makers to specify what fuel type to use, so that weird locomotives like wood-burning or oil-burning (not fuel, RAW OIL) ones can use wood and oil normally, among other, less realistic options.
Vehicles in OpenTTD do not have any concept of fuel or how much or little they might have or might consume. Such a change would require a fundamental re-write of the OpenTTD source code. NewGRFs can only modify what is actually possible in the game, they cannot add new features.
bigyihsuan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bigyihsuan »

kamnet wrote: Vehicles in OpenTTD do not have any concept of fuel or how much or little they might have or might consume. Such a change would require a fundamental re-write of the OpenTTD source code. NewGRFs can only modify what is actually possible in the game, they cannot add new features.
Ah, that's a shame.

I'll later go cross post this into the patch sub and see if anyone is willing to do it.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

bigyihsuan wrote:
kamnet wrote: Vehicles in OpenTTD do not have any concept of fuel or how much or little they might have or might consume. Such a change would require a fundamental re-write of the OpenTTD source code. NewGRFs can only modify what is actually possible in the game, they cannot add new features.
Ah, that's a shame.

I'll later go cross post this into the patch sub and see if anyone is willing to do it.
It's been brought up a few times over the years, but most developers feel that it's too much effort for little to no gain.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Range got introduced with aircraft. You may want to find out how and if that works as expected.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
bigyihsuan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bigyihsuan »

Alberth wrote:
Range got introduced with aircraft. You may want to find out how and if that works as expected.
Is there any info on this? I'm not well-versed in OpenTTD and NewGRF knowledge.
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

It's been a while... Does anyone recognise these stations? I downloaded them as an .exe that auto-modified the original set of grfs more than a decade ago, long before the advent of OpenTTD. As I find them quite decent in general, I figured it's worth to find them nowadays. Needless to say, the grf is nowhere to be found in the grfcrawler.
Attachments
stations.png
stations.png (36.68 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

vear wrote:It's been a while... Does anyone recognise these stations? I downloaded them as an .exe that auto-modified the original set of grfs more than a decade ago, long before the advent of OpenTTD. As I find them quite decent in general, I figured it's worth to find them nowadays. Needless to say, the grf is nowhere to be found in the grfcrawler.
It's Mr. Hunt's Glass Station for monorail. It's not released as a NewGRF because a) nobody wants to mess with converting EXE to GRF anymore, and b) Mr. Hunt didn't license it to be used or converted before he left the community and we typically respect that. With that said, I may do so anyway just because I'm 99% sure that there would be no objection from him, given his contributions and what he's let others use in the past. It may not actually work in OpenTTD, though, and if that ends up being the case I don't know if I can fix it.
vear
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by vear »

Just as I thought. Thanks! Those modified base grfs do work in OpenTTD, so I presume an extracted grf could work as well (though being far from a grf coder, I might be utterly wrong). Thanks in advance if you decide to decode it :)
see my transportation photos on fotozajezdnia

Return to “Graphics Releases”