Ausset Release Thread - Standard Guage Taster v0.1.1

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

ra_27
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Ausset Release Thread - Standard Guage Taster v0.1.1

Post by ra_27 »

mmm maybe that what happen I don't see a "newgrf" subdirectory at all in my one.

I will put one in and see what happens.
Give me Trains, Trains, Trains and more Trains NOW! I want,I want, I want!
ra_27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ra_27 »

Forget last post I was looking in wrong folder dumb ass me.

I found it and got it to work many thanks.

how did they make this I like to try doing this myself soon I like to see new colours for some of then but have to say it was worth taking the time to do my Son smile was well worth it
so many thanks again for all your help today.

he is only 5 and he love the game only been play by him self for the last week

I give him heaps of cash cheat to do this and send him on his way.

as he get's better I will not give him any.

I show him signals and how to do the last nigh and now there ever where lol he getting the hang of the game fast so will not be long and he be better then me lol and a long life player as well.

any how many thanks
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Great to hear that the "new" generation is enjoying this awesome game too!!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

ra_27 wrote:how did they make this I like to try doing this myself soon
Here's a start: http://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF_development_tools

We also have a developers section where you can post questions, and there is also a chat room available that some of the developers hang out in.
ra_27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ra_27 »

Ok cool thanks for that

I have a look see some time today with any luck

he is play it on his mother system right now driver her mad she wants to use it and he will not get off lol
I'll have to get him his owe one just to play the game.
chuggles
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chuggles »

I've noticed some screenshots, I think from the aus-set, with what looks like different grass to normal - sort of yellow grass? Did I imagine this or is it a newgrf you can get from somewhere?
ra_27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ra_27 »

I love it

only onething may have found a bug in the set. there is no Steel cars for trains or steel trucks that I can see.
Mikjael
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mikjael »

Hello. Greetings all.

I am new here. This is my first post.

I apologise for posting in what would otherwise be a dead thread, but I thought I should.

I downloaded this patch a few weeks ago and thought I'd put up some observations and perhaps seek the advice of others who have downloaded it and enjoyed it.

I loved the fact that finally I had some actual Australian and in particular NSWGR trains to play with, since I live there and have always liked them. I did play a small map ages ago which had the 44 class in it but I can't remember what it was or what set that might have been.

Some things I noticed, that I'm not sure if they are bugs, glitches or some conflict on my computer (give that I had to delete a large number of graphics to be allowed to put it into the list I wouldn't be surprised).

C36 class - Every so often the tender vanishes!? It's still registering as being there, since there is a gap in train, and it doesn't seem to affect it in any way, but I just thought I'd mention it. It disappears in both the train list view and on the map itself.

D57 Class- Great engine, but it does seem to accelerate veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly. I've managed to overcome this somewhat with double headed and even adding a banking engine, but it was noticeable. Not sure if that is intentional or just some glitch on my computer.

44 Class- Just doesn't come up in the list of things I can build! This is rather annoying as the 44 Class happens to be a favourite and is one of the reasons I downloaded it in the first place. I don't know if there is some other file I have to have loaded before it will come up or not. Perhaps thats why.

80 Class- Not sure why but they blow smoke and have steam whistles??? Funny since it's a diesel not a steam.

XPT's- run fine though they don't appear to be moving that fast, even though they are. And they look odd since I don't have specific carriages for them. Not sure if they had any or again another glitch on my part. The same thing goes for the Explorers. Not sure why they're limited to 90kph either?

Other than these (and some of them are fairly minor) I really like this set. It's fun to play with, and I like the fact that you've even put in some rolling stock that is specifically NSW as well. Wondering if in the future (if there is a future for this set??) we might see things like the 54, 59, 60, 40, 42, 43, 46, 85, 86 classes make appearances? That's a lot of work I realise. But it would be pretty awesome.

Thanks again for an awesome set!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I too from NSW and enjoy Australian Locos in the game. To my knowledge there are 3 sets that have Australian Locos in. 2CC Train Set (2ccts.grf), Australian Standard Gauge v0.1.1 (asgsw.grf), Generic Australian Set (GARS) r06 (nm-garsw.grf). If start in 1850 the 2CC set has the NSW steam locos No.1 and a Z class.

Between the 3 sets there is a approximately 65 Australian Locos. If I counted correctly there are 34 NSW locos.

I use the Dutch Station set for my station (dutchstatw.grf) and Dutch Stations Addition Set c.0.8 (dstatadd_v0_8.grf), so that can have single sided and island platforms.

The Hungarian Stations 1/3 (hungarian_stations.grf) also has single sided platforms.

I don't know of any stations in all Australia that has a platform both sides of a train for passengers to join and disembark at same time except for Olympic Park in Sydney.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908

Return to “Graphics Releases”