Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:32 am 
Director
Director

Grey Stone Railways

As above, grey stone railway tracks. Quite an old one so just replaces the normal rail graphics. Concept by mp3Pro, original GRF by Den, updated version with grey stone on bridges by Birdey.

Download posts: viewtopic.php?p=775151#p775151 (Den's version), viewtopic.php?p=273866#p273866 (Birdey's version)

Attachments:
Gatborough Transport, 1953-01-31.png
Gatborough Transport, 1953-01-31.png [ 181.28 KiB | Viewed 1060 times ]

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:23 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

PaulC wrote:
Pineapple Rail Tropic Set

Pikkabird's epic Australian climate mod! Includes trains, industries, houses, town names and new landscape graphics. I don't believe the set was ever finished and I'm not sure how playable it is, plus there are some things (like trees in the "desert") that were exclusive to TTDPatch and aren't supported by OpenTTD, but it's still very cool stuff.

Download link: http://www.pikkarail.com/ttdp/secret/pineapple.htm

The link is broken, do you have another link or perhaps you have the file?

If not, does someone have the File? I've actually been hoping to get my hands on this again but I couldn't find it anywhere. Just PM me with the link or file if possible.

# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:32 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

NekoMaster wrote:
PaulC wrote:

Pikkabird's epic Australian climate mod! Includes trains, industries, houses, town names and new landscape graphics. I don't believe the set was ever finished and I'm not sure how playable it is, plus there are some things (like trees in the "desert") that were exclusive to TTDPatch and aren't supported by OpenTTD, but it's still very cool stuff.

If not, does someone have the File? I've actually been hoping to get my hands on this again but I couldn't find it anywhere. Just PM me with the link or file if possible.

Ask Pikkabird.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

kamnet wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:
PaulC wrote:

Ask Pikkabird.

I sent a PM to them, though who knows if they actually sitll have it kicking around. Its very much possible they dont have it on their comptuer or anywhere they know of so we might have to hunt down someone that has the GRF.
Once i get the GRF I'm going to put it in my Dropbox GRF Backup folder for safe keeping.

Speaking of my Backup folder : NekoMasters Dropbox : [GRF BACK UP]

# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

to answer the question of where's the grf, I do have a copy, but will not redistribute it until Pikka confirms it's okay to do so.

It's fun, just the whole 4-6-2 Pacific station and disjointed cars are disorienting. Then again, for a beta grf that wasn't really meant to be fully public, it plays well.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:20 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

wow..I just started playing again on Sunday and you posted Saturday.
Mental Note: Need to play lottery

Trying to get it back in the game again and found this post :)

If anybody wants to add it to grfcrawler or some site where it can be downloaded in game, have at it.

Gray Stones for Temperate v1.1
GRF ID: 44480101
file location - download/file.php?id=108056

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:32 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

kamnet wrote:
acs121 wrote:
The files that OzTrans uploaded to Bananas were intentionally poisoned so that they didn't work properly, so that people would stop playing with his sets.

Genuinely surprised that didn't cross some sort of line in the terms of service for OpenTTD / Bananas and end in termination of all his files and his accounts. Seems very drastic and destructive.

On another note - do older GRFs tend to work correctly on modern versions of OpenTTD? Some of these seem very old, by more than a few years sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:17 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I tried MB's CargoSet (2003 !) a few days ago and it worked perfectly.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Redirect Left wrote:
Genuinely surprised that didn't cross some sort of line in the terms of service for OpenTTD / Bananas and end in termination of all his files and his accounts. Seems very drastic and destructive.

That may be addressed here in the future.

Redirect Left wrote:
On another note - do older GRFs tend to work correctly on modern versions of OpenTTD? Some of these seem very old, by more than a few years sometimes.

For the most part they do. The only reason an old NewGRF would not work correctly is if the NewGRF was improperly written. There's a very small number that I'm aware of, mostly obsolete anyhow.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 am 
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

NekoMaster wrote:

I took down all the old TTD pages when I most recently restarted my blog. It wasn't a deliberate action to get rid of them, just an unthinking thing.

That said, this set is super old (older than UKRS1!) and really badly drawn and designed - I won't be reuploading it, but if you can get it from someone else go ahead. But I do want to thank PaulC for reminding me it was a thing that existed; his posting was part of what prompted me to start drawing graphics again.