The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:15 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

supermop wrote:
Hi,

Sorry, but the newer NML version of MLSS does not yet have the roundhouses. The old NFO version is on bananas though, and it does have the roundhouses along with some bugs. I didn't upload the new version to bananas yet as I didn't feel it was a suitable replacement yet. Coding is a slow and confusing process for me, so I am not sure how to 'fix' this depot grf, or add parameters. However, as I understand it, the depots will retain the appearance of their build date, and not change once the game enters the next style era. However, converting a 19th century depot to electric in the 1960s might cause it to change to the new style. Unsure.

Thanks for your interest!

Thanks, Supermop! I still like the set even without the roundhouses, I'm interested in seeing
where it develops! I like variety on my routes so I generally have a lot of .grf files going at
one time. (As long as they get along!) :D

Thanks!

ChristopherT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Really great thing ! Do you think it'd be possible to make french-style MLSS's like this one ?

My screenshots

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:12 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

acs121 wrote:
Really great thing ! Do you think it'd be possible to make french-style MLSS's like this one ?

Well I haven't touched the grf in almost 6 years, partly because NML doesn't yet support stations, partly because I'm not sure it's worth doing more work on the concept. Of course just about any style of modern depot could be drawn, but the particular shed you've linked has a curved envelope on the sides and top, which would seriously impinge on its flexibility to be built in the same way as the other MLSS tiles. As a tile-based game, graphics for OpenTTD generally will be more versatile if they maintain some element of rectilinear modularity.

A different station set, with a different aim, could include such a curve-sided station shed, but it would really need to be restricted to explicit track widths per station type.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

You can just make it slightly narrower than 1 or 2 tiles depending on how much track there is, so that a shed doesn't have clipping issues with the other just next to it.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:53 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

acs121 wrote:
You can just make it slightly narrower than 1 or 2 tiles depending on how much track there is, so that a shed doesn't have clipping issues with the other just next to it.

When you say “you can”, i assume you meant you will be doing that yourself.

I almost get the impression you are running around the forums telling everyone to do stuff for you. At some point you should really just bite the bullet and do it yourself.

I can tell you from experience, noone is going to implement your ideas for you.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:08 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I can do sprites, you know. Only thing i don't know is code. But i at least do the sprites. That's all i can do, but at least i can do it !

My screenshots

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:02 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

acs121 wrote:
I can do sprites, you know. Only thing i don't know is code. But i at least do the sprites. That's all i can do, but at least i can do it !

I can tell you from experience, there's tons of code laying around here for station tiles and depots in NFO code. Take a day or two to go over the documentation, tear apart some code and get into it.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:45 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Already tried to, i still don't understand and sometimes code in NML and other times in NFO...

My screenshots