Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1472 posts ]  Go to page Previous 170 71 72 73 74
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:12 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Can some help me why everytime I start a game it shows this message?

Attachments:
File comment: warning
warning.png
warning.png [ 23.91 KiB | Viewed 1102 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:36 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

How is a game-script related to a NewGRF industry set? :p

Remove the game-script that you have added. From the intro-screen "AI/game settings" -> double-click the game script name (or "select game script") -> select "(none)"

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:32 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Gondrong wrote:
Can some help me why everytime I start a game it shows this message?

Coincidentally, I was just debugging this over the weekend for my own personal use.

You must be using the Renewed City Growth script, which is the revised Balanced City Growth script. Are you using the Firs economy option? That one matches up with FIRS Extreme. That's the only one I debugged for myself.

Are you handy with making adjustments to the script? Here is what you need to do.

1. Locate the Renewed City Growth-5.tar file in the Documents/OpenTTD/content_download/game folder. Extract the contents here to a new folder here.

2. Open the file cargo.nut. You can use Notepad for this.

3. The FIRS economy is Case 5 in the script. There are two places that need changing, first is the cargo list and second is the mapping of cargoes to categories.

3a. Change the order of cargoes in the CargoIDList list assignment for case 5. See the attached picture for the new list.

Attachment:
Cargo.png [15.05 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

3b. Further down the script you will see the second case 5. CargoCat is being assigned 5 arrays of numbers. Each array contains the cargo IDs that make up that category. Assign the numbers that you see in the second attached picture.

Attachment:
Cargo Category.PNG [19.36 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

4. Save the cargo.nut file.

That should be all that you have to do to make the script work. If you want to try to debug the remaining FIRS economies (e.g., arctic), then you have to turn on debugging in the parameters, select the economy you want, and when you get the message click on the help ? icon and choose AI/Script debug to see cargo ID list. Follow the same pattern to enter the cargoes in order, and then map the cargoes to the categories.

I hope this helps.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:30 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

If anyone is maintaining GS against FIRS, they can request clean outputs of data from the docs to ease the maintenance. I'd have a fair go at meeting reasonable requests. :)

Docs are here http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... rence.html

Specifically I could output things like lists of cargos-per-economy, pre-formatted for Squirrel (or JSON if that's better).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 am 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

I was wondering if someone could help me perhaps.
I've recently picked up OTTD again after a long hiatus and installed the FIRS 3 alpha. I was looking for a fun trainset to work with it, but neither DBSetXL nor the US Train Set seem to fully support FIRS (US set almost can do it, but I've not found a wagon supporting scrap metal).
What options do I have from here? Using an older FIRS version certainly is an option, though I would very much like to keep either the US or DB set in my game as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:26 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Psistorm wrote:
I was wondering if someone could help me perhaps.
I've recently picked up OTTD again after a long hiatus and installed the FIRS 3 alpha. I was looking for a fun trainset to work with it, but neither DBSetXL nor the US Train Set seem to fully support FIRS (US set almost can do it, but I've not found a wagon supporting scrap metal).
What options do I have from here? Using an older FIRS version certainly is an option, though I would very much like to keep either the US or DB set in my game as well.

Well those sets havent been updated to include FIRS 2 or 3 compatibility. So your stuck with that unless you dont mind using another set with compatible wagons (like nars for the US Set) or perhaps you could try using my 2cc Wagons in NML newgrf (available on Bananas) which provides just the wagons from 2cc trains (I made it specifically for cases like this)

# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:19 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

That sounds interesting as well, I would be fine with that.
Does your NARS addon set also support FIRS by the way? Or ECS, which I admit to just now learning about

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:01 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Psistorm wrote:
That sounds interesting as well, I would be fine with that.
Does your NARS addon set also support FIRS by the way? Or ECS, which I admit to just now learning about

My Nars ADD-on Set does support FIRS and ECS but I only have one standard gauge cylindrical hopper, though I do have a bunch of narrow gauge wagons that do support FIRS and ECS if you ever need that.

2cc Wagons in NML has support as it retains the 2cc Trains cargo tables and refits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Awesome, thanks a lot for the input! I'll be giving the NARS addon a try as well, then

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:06 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Psistorm wrote:
Awesome, thanks a lot for the input! I'll be giving the NARS addon a try as well, then

Just Remember to run it with NARS 2.51 and the NARS 2.5 passenger mod to give the NARS 2.51 passenger cars a more realistic capacity (as my NARS Add-on passenger cars use the realistic seating capacity)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:36 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

where firs 3 patchnotes ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:58 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/rel ... gelog.html

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1472 posts ]  Go to page Previous 170 71 72 73 74