Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:21 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

How do I get egrvts 32 bpp working on android I placed it in sdcard0/Android/data/org.openttd.SDL/.openttd/newgrf but I don't show up in my newgrf menu. Any help? :|

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:05 pm 
President
President

Did you search for egrvts or grvts? There's no 32bpp egrvts, as far as I know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:35 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

egrvts 32 bpp exists but is a really rare and old version based in GRVTS 1.
Well, in reality is GRVTS 32bpp, egrvts 32 bpp don't exists... at least I don't remember this newGRF.

More info in:

In my opinion, install eGRVTS 2 from the online content of OTTD.
No problems, no complicated installations, only select the newGRF and the program installs all for you.

And for the last eGRVTS 2, but don't have auto-install:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:22 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi, I noticed today, that the horse-drawn carriages won't refit at station / depo order if they have already refitted at once in their orders. The other vehicles seems refitting without any problems, though I haven't tested it with many vehicles. I don't know if this set is still in development as I see that the r188 was compiled in 2013, but if there was someone interested...

Just pick random horse-drawn vehicle from set, then give it at least two orders with refit at station or depo to different cargo. The vehicle will then never refit at any of the refit orders after first refit.

Reproduced with trunk r27893 and eGRVTS2: 2.0 - r188.

Edit: Also with trunk r27895 and eGRVTS2: 2.0 - r190.
Edit 2: I also should have mentioned, that the vehicles are empty when refitting.

Last edited by lyarenei on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

lyarenei wrote:
Hi, I noticed today, that the horse-drawn carriages won't refit at station / depo order if they have already refitted at once in their orders. The other vehicles seems refitting without any problems, though I haven't tested it with many vehicles. I don't know if this set is still in development as I see that the r188 was compiled in 2013, but if there was someone interested...

Just pick random horse-drawn vehicle from set, then give it at least two orders with refit at station or depo to different cargo. The vehicle will then never refit at any of the refit orders after first refit.

Reproduced with trunk r27893 and eGRVTS2: 2.0 - r188.

Have you tried with r190 yet? (see post above yours)

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Quote:
Have you tried with r190 yet? (see post above yours)

Oh, I totally overlooked that, thanks. But unfortunately, the issue still presists.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:24 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Vehicles can not refit from orders if they have cargo in them.

Pipelines for the people! PIPE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:08 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

LaDoncella wrote:

Yeah, I know that, but the vehicles are running empty. However I should have mentioned it, sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

lyarenei wrote:
LaDoncella wrote:

Yeah, I know that, but the vehicles are running empty. However I should have mentioned it, sorry.

Then there is either something wrong with r27893, or you are setting the orders incorrectly. I can not reproduce this issue in 1.7.1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:58 am 
Engineer
Engineer

LaDoncella wrote:
lyarenei wrote:
LaDoncella wrote:

Then there is either something wrong with r27893, or you are setting the orders incorrectly. I can not reproduce this issue in 1.7.1

Just to be sure, are you trying it on horse vehicles? The other vehicles are refitting as expected.

I attached a screenshot from quick test, where you can see the vehicle didn't refit while in the station (should have been refitted to coal). These exact orders do work on non horse vehicles as I expect (refit at station when emptied present cargo), so I don't think I am doing something wrong.

Please note I didn't include the unload command just because the vehicles will never get any cargo in this case. In real game I have included them, of course.

Attachments:
File comment: freshly compiled trunk with egrvts2 r190
refit_orders.png [393.55 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:59 pm 
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

lyarenei wrote:
LaDoncella wrote:
lyarenei wrote:

Just to be sure, are you trying it on horse vehicles? The other vehicles are refitting as expected.

I attached a screenshot from quick test, where you can see the vehicle didn't refit while in the station (should have been refitted to coal). These exact orders do work on non horse vehicles as I expect (refit at station when emptied present cargo), so I don't think I am doing something wrong.

Please note I didn't include the unload command just because the vehicles will never get any cargo in this case. In real game I have included them, of course.

Found it. Its a rather interesting bug.
It will happen to any articulated vehicle in which the first part of the vehicle doesn't carry cargo (horse carriges and trailers), and you try to refit it to the default cargo of the vehicle (coal for a hopper, wood for flatbed...).

New version:

Attachments:
File comment: r202
- added cargo capacity to the first part of cargo vehicles without cargo (horses, trailers).

eGRVTS2.grf [8.11 MiB]
Downloaded 42 times

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:31 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

LaDoncella wrote:
lyarenei wrote:
LaDoncella wrote:

Found it. Its a rather interesting bug.
It will happen to any articulated vehicle in which the first part of the vehicle doesn't carry cargo (horse carriges and trailers), and you try to refit it to the default cargo of the vehicle (coal for a hopper, wood for flatbed...).

Wow, thank you very much for the fix! Now I can truly unleash my 1700's game. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:11 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Zephyris wrote:
GRVTS 1 32bpp

This version has graphics for all zoom levels in full 32bpp

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b46d8vtuz0mz6x3/grvts32.grf

Development thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=47121

Unfortunately the DL link is dead since long time, has anyone this file and can re-upload it?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:53 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Dark-Noir wrote:
Zephyris wrote:
GRVTS 1 32bpp

Unfortunately the DL link is dead since long time, has anyone this file and can re-upload it?

Zephyris or LaDoncella has it. They'll put up a new link once they see this post.

Base Music Sets: OpenMSX | Scott Joplin Anthology | Traditional Winter Holiday Music | Modern Motion Music
Other Projects: 2CC Trams | Modern Waypoints | Sprite Sandbox & NewGRF Releases | Ideabox | Town Names | Isle of Sodor Scenario | Random Sprite Repository
Misc Topics: My Screenshots | Forgotten NewGRFs | Unfinished Graphics Sets | Stats Shack | RoadTypes?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Dark-Noir wrote:
Zephyris wrote:
GRVTS 1 32bpp

I have a copy in my Dropbox GRF Backup folder : https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3kmrtnpnsb78 ... F.tar?dl=0

# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!