Some GS questions.

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

speeder
Engineer
Engineer

Some GS questions.

Post by speeder »

I have some questions about GS.

1. Can GS change price of cargo?
2. Can GS change economy of the world? (like manipulate inflation or simulate booms and busts?)
3. Is it possible to make sure no growth will happen to all towns unless GS allow it?
4. I saw on a changelog a mention that "exclusive access" is now possible, what that means?
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Some GS questions.

Post by Firrel »

1. No, but yes. It cannot change the money it gets from the transportation, but a GS can send or take money from a company. Check Cash Drain GS, it changes so that a cargo is paid by unit, not by distance and time.
2. Same as above, you can manipulate companies money to simulate aspects of economy. A fine example is Villages is Villages GS with taxation and dividents.
3. Yes, check any town growth GS like Villages is Villages, Renewed Village Growth, Renewed World Disorder, Simple City Builder...
4. If I remember correctly, a GS can grant exclusive access to an industry to a company, so that no other company can interact with the industry.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”