[GS] Renewed World Disorder

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

LaChupacabra
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[GS] Renewed World Disorder

Post by LaChupacabra »

I'd like to introduce to you a new* script to control towns development: Renewed World Disorder.
I would like to thank Firrel in advance without which this script would not have been completed, and also milek7, who helped create a special version for the server.
RWD v6 - town development conditions.PNG
RWD v6 - town development conditions.PNG (353.53 KiB) Viewed 10848 times
WTF?
Renewed World Disorder script is a mashup of scripts Renewed City Growth created by keoz and New World Disorder created by milek7 and me. The script works very similar to the one known RCG (so partly also RVG). The conditions of development have been changed, in particular the categories of cargoes goes to be similar to the NWD idea. Here, the development of cities, even the smaller ones, is based on five pillars. The most important is communication, which is necessary for the city's development. Construction and trade will also be of particular importance. Providing cities with goods from these categories can significantly accelerate development. Light industry (i.e. mainly agriculture) and heavy industry (i.e. the production of metals, fuels, building materials, etc.) will have also an impact on development.

With what to eat this?
The script will work properly since at least version 1.8.0. It supports most of the available industries sets (FIRS 1, FIRS 3, ECS, SPI 1.32, AuzInd2, NAIS, FERNZ, YETI). In practice, it can be used with any other set from the outside off the list, but some of the cargos may not be visible and taked into account by the script or may not be assigned to the correct category. For simpler industries, the number of categories will be limited to 3 or 4. You can also limit this number yourself in the script settings.I added the option to play with the OpenGFX + Industries / Manpower sets, but it doesn't work perfectly. In their cases, the script will always show a warning about an incorrect cargoes list. However, the script will work fully properly. This is due to the huge number of settings variants (there are thousands of them). It can be probably done better, but I don't know how. Still, I decided that it is better to have such a somewhat flawed option than not to have it at all.

Could it explode?
No. Rather not... Anyway, I didn't notice any problems. The script is based on a proven RCG where most of the major errors have already been eliminated. New problems that appeared in RCG from the game version 1.8.0 was eliminate by Firrel. If you change something in the script settings in the expert part, there may or may not be some irregularities. I left them although I am not convinced of their usefulness myself, but maybe in some situations they will be useful for you.

How it work?
  • Before starting a new game you must select in the script's settings the industry set which you have in the active newGRF list.
  • To make the town grow, it is necessary to provide passenger transport for the inhabitants of this town.
  • When towns have more than 1,000 inhabitants, more elements including construction, trade and industry have an impact on their development. You don't have to provide everything for the town to develop further, but if you do, the town will grow faster. Towns based solely on communication are unlikely to reach larger populations than 8,000 inhabitants.
  • Larger cities need more than just communication. Without supplying local industry, trade or construction, the city will begin to shrink.
  • The higher on the list category is, the more impact it has on city development.
  • Categories of industry relate mainly to the processing industry - deliveries are counted that affect the increase in the production of enterprises.
  • Cargoes that can be delivered to ports will affect trade even if they are mining resources.
  • When cities are located close to each other to deliver goods for a selected city, pay attention to the name of the station - it depends on this name to which city the deliveries will be assigned. Changing the station name will not change which city it will be assigned to.
  • Demands are not directly proportional to the size of the city, they are slightly progressive, i.e. they grow slightly more than the population.
  • A growth rate of over 600 days for a large city usually means that it may lose residents. You can stop a city depopulation by ensuring its proper delivery or depriving it of passenger transport.
Est-ce que tu parles français? Sprichst du Deutsch? а ты говоришь по русски? 한국어하세요 ...
The script contains several language versions. Currently they are: Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Polish, Slovak and Spanish. They were made using the google translator, so almost certainly they have some errors. If you notice these errors or want to add another translation, I will gladly accept your help. I think is always better to play in your native language. :)
Below is a simple template to translate, but I would prefer a ready language.txt file, which is also in this file.

You can download this script also from online content in the game
Attachments
4e525744-Renewed_World_Disorder-6.tar
(130 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
english - your native.txt
(4.23 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
neobit
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed World Disorder

Post by neobit »

We play with FIRS extreme and it did make a strange thing when we provided subsidies to a city.
String showing growth changed up to City grows every 0 days and town became a super-city. After some time growth returned to 'normal'.
I wasn't able to reproduce it on a new map and subsidies. Maybe I haven't been that fast with providing passengers. Yet it was still noticeable that grow rate is increasing rapidly.

Is there a hard limit on the city grow in your code?
LaChupacabra
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LaChupacabra »

neobit wrote: 16 Nov 2020 12:18 We play with FIRS extreme and it did make a strange thing when we provided subsidies to a city.
String showing growth changed up to City grows every 0 days and town became a super-city. After some time growth returned to 'normal'.
I wasn't able to reproduce it on a new map and subsidies. Maybe I haven't been that fast with providing passengers. Yet it was still noticeable that grow rate is increasing rapidly.
Hi,
I admit that during the tests I also managed to notice this strange behavior with an increase every 0 days. It returned to normal fairly quickly and did not cause any other adverse effects, and what's more, I could not repeat it, so I decided that it would not be a problem to use the script. Unfortunately, I am not a programmer and I cannot find the cause of this behavior. In terms of code, this script is just a minor modification of another Renewed City Growth script additionaly improved by Firrel (the original script doesn't work properly since the game version 1.8.0).
neobit wrote: 16 Nov 2020 12:18 Is there a hard limit on the city grow in your code?
There is no growth limit - cities can grow endlessly, although it is much harder to develop really big cities (over 300,000 inhabitants) than with regular game mechanics. From what I noticed, large cities, despite the provision of all conditions, develop slower than in the standard game. If you want, you can always change the pace of city development in the script settings, also during the game (maybe not on the server).
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

After two years, the script ended with a message that it was script took is too long to save. Attachement game save.
http://leteckaposta.cz/856580129
Last edited by Argus on 08 Jan 2021 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Sorry for the omission, this is a game from the JGR patchpack
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Problem solved, too much cities. :)
LaChupacabra
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LaChupacabra »

Argus wrote: 09 Jan 2021 22:27 Problem solved, too much cities. :)
Thanks ;)
Yes, too many cities can be a problem. It is about the amount of information to be processed by the script, which becomes too large with time (I repeat what I read - I'm not a programmer).

Here is a description of a similar situation and the post below is an explanation. Firrel did have a solution to this situation, but it is a compromise that will not be good for the average game.
The best and easiest thing to do to prevent this from happening is to limit the number of cities before generating the map so that there aren't thousands of cities. The more that such amounts are probably not that much needed to play. :)

When generating large maps 1024x1024 and larger, it is a good idea to use a custom setting for the number of cities to establish a reasonable number of them. 200? 300? I think this is enough for the script to handle.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

You are planning XIS xupport?
LaChupacabra
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LaChupacabra »

Argus wrote: 12 Jan 2021 21:33 You are planning XIS xupport?
Yes, but I don't know when I'll finally do it. :)
iskazain
Engineer
Engineer

Post by iskazain »

Hi there.

I have a problem with RWD - script error at start of the game:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/bkz_du_WMftu_A
with any config of industry and no grf`s

1. Whats wrong?
2. Is it realy that only 1000 pop is a trigger for new need of goods to delivery? Can it be changed somehow? For example Classic city builder or Simpleton City Builder.
Simeon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Simeon »

iskazain wrote: 27 Apr 2021 17:10 Hi there.

I have a problem with RWD - script error at start of the game:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/bkz_du_WMftu_A
with any config of industry and no grf`s

1. Whats wrong?
2. Is it realy that only 1000 pop is a trigger for new need of goods to delivery? Can it be changed somehow? For example Classic city builder or Simpleton City Builder.
Not the creator but I seemingly solved it in the scenario creator through reloading the AI in the AI/Game Script debug; it seemed like that towns, when deleted, remain in the script's list which would hence try to "find it".
Warhapper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Warhapper »

I have problem like this:
Attachments
20220911130214_1.jpg
And my versions of FIRS F1250007
(842.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Vitoryn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vitoryn »

Got this error.
Error
Error
Capturar.PNG (15.76 KiB) Viewed 2646 times
cpeosphoros
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cpeosphoros »

Idk if someone is still maintaining this, but I have a weird one here:

Starting a game with JGRPP, Portugal heightmap, 9x4k map size, low cities, low industries, all ECS vectors plus a minimalist vehicle GRF set, 1850 start, 10x time length, cheat all authorities to outstanding (I don't stomach the whole planting trees thing).

All is going well in my small corner of the world, by the beginning of '52: 2 cities and a small bunch of towns connected for pax/mail, coal>powerplant for cash, oil>refined>plastics for supplying the people with goods. All cities/towns growing between every 100/200 days each.

Then I connected a third city to the network, started supplying it with pax/mail/goods - and not even supplying all the demand for goods (as per "trade" in city window). Nice. Suddenly, this third city started booming, it's been growing every "0" days during all the 1852 year - it already filled all its authority "zone" and continues expanding outwards, swallowing everything around in a stupendous velocity, with no signs of slowing down.

Any ideas?
Hypothesiz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hypothesiz »

Vitoryn wrote: 09 Apr 2023 22:55 Got this error.

Capturar.PNG
Solved it. Try looking up "Superlib" on the 'check online content' window in-game and download version 38.
LaChupacabra
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LaChupacabra »

Heh, sorry for the lack of response. I didn't have topic observation marked.
Yes, the reason for the problem is the lack of necessary libraries. I thought they were downloaded automatically, but that's not the case.
I'm not sure if the script will even work properly from version 14.0. Once upon a time, with version 1.8, New World Disorder and Renewed City Growth, which were the progenitors of RWD (and many other scripts), stopped working properly. If so, I will try to find a solution to this. Anyway, you can always download these libraries from the list of add-ons in the game.
cpeosphoros wrote: 16 Jan 2024 19:44 Suddenly, this third city started booming, it's been growing every "0" days during all the 1852 year - it already filled all its authority "zone" and continues expanding outwards, swallowing everything around in a stupendous velocity, with no signs of slowing down.
This is a known bug or... feature. In the real world also sometimes the populations of certain cities suddenly increased. ;) Anyway, I'm not a programmer and I don't really know how to solve this. This script was built on the basis of another one with minor changes and inherited some of its problems. Yes, I've seen it happen too, but usually the development slows down to 1 day in 1-2 months. Most likely, using it in the JGR version with the slow passage of time accentuated this problem.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”