[GS] Renewed Village Growth (RVG)

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth (RVG)

Post by Firrel »

d0mi3l wrote:
06 Jul 2020 15:33
When I build new city on map, GS stop work.
Thank you for the feedback. I missed to modify one function call when I changed function declaration of GoalTown(). I will fix it in the future release. For a quick fix if you want it to work, change in main.nut line 239 to this:

Code: Select all

this.towns.append(GoalTown(town_id, false, this.limit_growth));
d0mi3l wrote:
06 Jul 2020 15:33
What about industry spawn? Could you adds it to your script. Like in Villages is Villages.
8)
It is an interesting feature and I think it is possible to add it. When I will get some time to work on next release, I can look into it, but no promises.

Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [GS] Renewed Village Growth (RVG)

Post by Firrel »

New update for Renewed Village Growth 4.1 is available
Renewed_Village_Growth-4.1.tar
(110 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Significant changes
- Randomization. In settings, there are several options to specify randomization of cargos per town. Each town will select random cargos per category and only those cargos are counted towards progress.
- Added support for FIRS 1.4, FIRS 4 and Improved Town Industries 1.3
- Reworked town texts
- Reworked cargo categories for every industry
- Modified default values of settings to have easy/medium/hard value - please adjust them based on your preferences
More information in changelog.txt or on first post of this thread.

RVG development is now on github: https://github.com/F1rrel/RenewedVillageGrowth

Hope you enjoy it and please let me know about any issues. These were significant changes to the code.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”