Migrations GS

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Joubarbe
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Migrations GS

Post by Joubarbe »

Amazing script! I agree there should be an option to activate vanilla growth though. Having to go into the source code to comment out a line is a bit rough :)
But I admit I don't know how to run multiple scripts at once, so maybe you had that in mind when writing your script.
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

I'm getting an error on the script, and it may well be operator-induced.

I've never run scripts before, AFAIK. I downloaded V3 via in-game content manager. That left me with a .rar. file in D:\Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\game. The game recognized that I had the script available and let me change settings and so forth. I started a game running JGRPP 33.2 on top of 1.9.3. Not long after I started the game, a couple of new cities sprouted near industries, even before I started servicing those industries. None have popped up in the last few game years though. Then I noticed that none of the cities were growing at all, even after I Funded New Buildings. The game has been running for 14 years at this point.

Log says "Loading failed: there was data for the script to load but the script does not have a Load() function. Script settings are default other than logging.

I've also tried unzipping the .rar filewhichh left the .nut files in D:\Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\game\Migrations-3\Migrations-3. I assume I'm missing something obvious here.
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
thexa4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thexa4 »

cmhbob wrote: 02 Apr 2020 03:40 I'm getting an error on the script, and it may well be operator-induced.
I found an issue that would cause the script to hang when pathing over a river. It has been fixed in the latest version
R-TEAM wrote: 08 Dec 2019 23:53 would it be possible to make the "vanilla" growth as an additional growth option ?
Joubarbe wrote: 02 Jan 2020 07:00 Amazing script! I agree there should be an option to activate vanilla growth though. Having to go into the source code to comment out a line is a bit rough :)
But I admit I don't know how to run multiple scripts at once, so maybe you had that in mind when writing your script.
I added an option to enable both jobs growth and vanilla growth. Keep in mind that that the script hasn't been tuned for that situation so results may vary.
thexa4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thexa4 »

Released version 4 of the migrations script. It's compatible with older saves but has slightly different growth behavior.

Changelog
  • Job seekers will now take past economic results into account making them slower to migrate. This also makes people stay put longer when there are short periods of no transport.
  • People will now stay put if their town / city has less than 50 inhabitants.
  • Default grid size has been changed to 48 tiles to keep a bit of space between cities for transport / industry.
  • Fixed a bug where the script would hang when it had to build a bridge.
  • Added debug messages that show the amount of job seekers and the amount of available jobs.
  • The simulation now updates monthly instead of continuously. This fixes the slower growth that would occur if the amount of cities increased.
  • Added a challenging mode setup to the first post.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”