CoronaAI

Discuss the new AI features ("NoAI") introduced into OpenTTD 0.7, allowing you to implement custom AIs, and the new Game Scripts available in OpenTTD 1.2 and higher.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

libik
Engineer
Engineer

CoronaAI

Post by libik »

This is very simple AI that was written while I was ill due to having covid-19.

I spent only two partial days working on it, therefore it really is intended to be simple.

It will try to spread to all cities (similar to corona :) ). Its using buses alone.

https://github.com/libor-vilimek/ottd-coronaai

Attachments
Unnamed, 11th Dec 1985.png
(1.24 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Hi all
odisseus
Director
Director

Re: CoronaAI

Post by odisseus »

How does its performance compare to that of the other bus AIs?
libik
Engineer
Engineer

Post by libik »

odisseus wrote: 16 Nov 2020 11:47 How does its performance compare to that of the other bus AIs?
Not well, it is capable of using buses only within the same city, therefore the profit is not that high and also the property maintance of all the stations and depots are quite big which keeps the profits down even more.

But it was not built as competitive AI anyway, it just tries to spread everywhere as fast as possible (its Corona AI after all :) ).

If I am going to develop AI with pathfinding alghorithm in future, it will be definitely train-based.
Hi all
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

I like this simple AI - it is useful to make towns grow, but not too fast. I think 2 stations per town is quite enough. I would add some simple train (coal) routes just to keep it afloat.

Return to “OpenTTD AIs and Game Scripts”